CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
markp_vip
ccured
GarnetSwarm1990
2000grad
TRBTB
Regalcock
Morris to SMU (5752)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1850)
Clemson fans (1558)
Carolina on a Walmar (1296)
Game simulation (859)
End of the aTm / LSU (559)
Venables to TAMU? (556)
Have we been favored (423)
Women's Soccer Elite (350)
Origin Sale Too (276)
Vegas line moving on game
Phil Kronblut show
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh
Xbox One
ray rice wins appeal
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
marshall/WKU
Morris to SMU

Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 AM   #161
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Xbox One

USING SONY'S PLAYBOOK, MICROSOFT WILL ATTEMPT XBOX ONE'S TURNAROUND

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/...ource=facebook

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #162
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
what blows my mind is people rooting for only one console to succeed. that's insane.

but...i've never been a fanboi...i suppose it seems perfectly normal for those people.

When I was listening to the announcement I was thinking how awesome this gen is going to be and also thought about how stupid some people are about it.

If in the last gen either MS or Sony did not exist this current gen would not be anywhere near as amazing as this current gen is going to be. Xbox Live had been kicking butt and Sony had to do something they came up with the awesome PS+ model. This in turn has lead MS to improve the already great XBL experience and the consumer ends up winning big time.

And as a gaming enthusiast I don't see the desire to have absolute loyalty to any one company. You limit yourself and the industry by doing so. Obviously there is a big difference between needing to decide between one or the other because of money or not being such an avid gamer that you need both and just outright not even glancing at one or the other because you feel you have some odd higher purpose in the console war.

I think the console wars are great for the 18+ crowd who really drive to create better things on both sides and in the end help all gamers, but this kiddie console bashing garbage is just sad at this point. If you have no interest in one or the other, don't feel obligated to remind us you limit yourself.
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:35 AM   #163
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

If found this to be very interesting.

Quote:
Though Microsoft is offering a Kinect-free device, they said "Kinect remains an important part of our vision." They also found that 80 percent of their players already use Kinect actively, averaging 120 voice commands per month per player.
How do they know that?

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #164
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I guess Big Brother told them.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #165
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

It is nice to see they are willing to listen to their customers. It didn't make sense to have a lot of the apps behind a pay wall.

I have mixed thoughts on the kinect-less Xbone. I know they had to do it to get the price point lower to squash that argument, but to me it seems like the voice commands would be one of the main benefits to owning a Xbone over the PS4. I guess people just don't want to be forced buy/use something.

If I were getting an Xbone I would pay the extra money for the kinect, but I don't think I would get the PS Eye unless I am not understanding the point of having it.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #166
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

Kinect is not essential to the Xbox One experience BUT it certainly does make things more interesting and fun. I unhooked mine due to it catching a lot of ambient noise. It is cool to be able to turn the tv and stuff with the Kinect.

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #167
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
It is nice to see they are willing to listen to their customers. It didn't make sense to have a lot of the apps behind a pay wall.

I have mixed thoughts on the kinect-less Xbone. I know they had to do it to get the price point lower to squash that argument, but to me it seems like the voice commands would be one of the main benefits to owning a Xbone over the PS4. I guess people just don't want to be forced buy/use something.

If I were getting an Xbone I would pay the extra money for the kinect, but I don't think I would get the PS Eye unless I am not understanding the point of having it.

I'm actually surprised XB1 didn't have the kinect-less console to begin with.
To me I saw it as the premium version of a car, and not everyone wants the bells and whistles, they just want a car that will get them to where they want. 100 bucks extra also isn't very competitive. Having a 400 dollar XB1 would of made them more competitive with PS4. It's still early in the Gen, so there is still time for XB1 to right the ship.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:56 AM   #168
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
If found this to be very interesting.

How do they know that?
Im sure when there is a voice command it sends that data back to xbox. That said an example voice command is "xbox on" and really everything up until hitting A to play the game is actuslly easier to control and quicker using the voice command

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:00 AM   #169
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltj2 View Post
When I was listening to the announcement I was thinking how awesome this gen is going to be and also thought about how stupid some people are about it.

If in the last gen either MS or Sony did not exist this current gen would not be anywhere near as amazing as this current gen is going to be. Xbox Live had been kicking butt and Sony had to do something they came up with the awesome PS+ model. This in turn has lead MS to improve the already great XBL experience and the consumer ends up winning big time.

And as a gaming enthusiast I don't see the desire to have absolute loyalty to any one company. You limit yourself and the industry by doing so. Obviously there is a big difference between needing to decide between one or the other because of money or not being such an avid gamer that you need both and just outright not even glancing at one or the other because you feel you have some odd higher purpose in the console war.

I think the console wars are great for the 18+ crowd who really drive to create better things on both sides and in the end help all gamers, but this kiddie console bashing garbage is just sad at this point. If you have no interest in one or the other, don't feel obligated to remind us you limit yourself.
Its like this, coke and pepsi are competitors, they both have fan boys, but they both openly have stated they love the other because it drives sales and keeps them sharp. Xbox and PS both love each other because the fanboys keep them constantly talked about and compared and relevant, keeps the companies focused but keeps other competitors pretty irrelevant. Thus they pretty much own all of the market between the two

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #170
womfalcs3
Happiness is a choice

Male

CockyCash: 1400
womfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot materialwomfalcs3 is USC mascot material

The PS2 sold 155 million units, compared to the next competitor, Xbox at 24 million units. That domination did not harm the industry, as evidenced by the following generation. There was not a single dominating platform last generation, with the Wii just above 100 million, PS3 slightly above 85 million, and the Xbox 360 just below 85 million, yet the industry expanded, too (PlayStation platforms have historically had long tails at the end. Don't be surprised if the PS3 surpasses Wii in a couple of years' time. Wii sales are practically nothing right now.). The industry can thrive in either situation.

By the way, I loved the original Xbox, too. It was progressive. It had a standard hard drive. It had the better performance. It had a more standardized network capability. More importantly, Microsoft was loyal to its software and PC roots. Then the 360 debacle happened, and now they're paying for it. Very few honestly feel bad for them right now.
womfalcs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #171
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
The PS2 sold 155 million units, compared to the next competitor, Xbox at 24 million units. That domination did not harm the industry, as evidenced by the following generation. There was not a single dominating platform last generation, with the Wii just above 100 million, PS3 slightly above 85 million, and the Xbox 360 just below 85 million, yet the industry expanded, too (PlayStation platforms have historically had long tails at the end. Don't be surprised if the PS3 surpasses Wii in a couple of years' time. Wii sales are practically nothing right now.). The industry can thrive in either situation.

By the way, I loved the original Xbox, too. It was progressive. It had a standard hard drive. It had the better performance. It had a more standardized network capability. More importantly, Microsoft was loyal to its software and PC roots. Then the 360 debacle happened, and now they're paying for it. Very few honestly feel bad for them right now.

Cool story bro.

Hey, what are your thoughts on the yardcocks' upcoming series with vandy?

'Murica.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #172
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

360 and games sold this morning. Heading out to get a x1, what games are you guys playing?
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #173
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
360 and games sold this morning. Heading out to get a x1, what games are you guys playing?
titanfall, Plants vs Zombies, Watch dogs when it comes out (may 27), nba 2k13
Old 05-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #174
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Found a steal at Sams, grabbed the titanfall bundle for 447 (they left a ticket out on accident) Plan on getting PvZ fifa and zoo tycoon (for my kids, I swear!)
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #175
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
titanfall, Plants vs Zombies, Watch dogs when it comes out (may 27), nba 2k13
NBA2k15 is going to be freaking insane.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #176
Halltj2
Gamecock

Male

Halltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot materialHalltj2 is USC mascot material

Report: Microsoft working on smaller, cheaper Xbox One processor

Quote:
"This opens the door to a much smaller cooling assembly and a thinner chassis, which in turn leads to cost benefits throughout the whole manufacturing and distribution process," writes Leadbetter. "Smaller consoles mean less packaging, meaning cost savings in physically shipping the units out from China to retail markets worldwide."
Halltj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #177
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

titanfall on the xbox store is on sale for 12.99 and comes with all dlc packs
Cockdiesel7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:46 PM   #178
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 View Post
titanfall on the xbox store is on sale for 12.99 and comes with all dlc packs
Do people still play Titanfall? Just got an Xbox One and I am tempted to buy the game at that price.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:26 PM   #179
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
Do people still play Titanfall? Just got an Xbox One and I am tempted to buy the game at that price.
I'm playing it. And stephongilmorefan1 is thinking about it. My gamer tag is A Stray D0nkey
Cockdiesel7 is online now   Reply With Quote