CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
A. Pilgrim
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
gadeneer1986
Lonnie
B-G
doubledribble
Jim Lahey
Why is everyone anti (2152)
How did we not make (1173)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Busta out indefinite (1116)
Just thought of some (1048)
Miss St. defense (993)
SOS says his next st (829)
Let us clarify some (740)
Is Clowney back toni (680)
Our Road Upset Wins (668)
To ANYONE complaining abo
Michael Sams done in Dall
No easy road for our offe
Busta out indefinitely.
Our Road Upset Wins
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic
Miss St. defense
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Why is everyone anticipat

Old 05-14-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit
Default 88lb Cobia out of Charleston

5lbs short of the state record.

Caught this with another guide on our day off. Fish ate a live blue crab pitched in front of it after we saw her on the surface. Biggest edible fish I have ever caught.
Attached Images

Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: 88lb Cobia out of Charleston

Good eating!

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
5lbs short of the state record.

Caught this with another guide on our day off. Fish ate a live blue crab pitched in front of it after we saw her on the surface. Biggest edible fish I have ever caught.
Awesome catch. Are you a guide?
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

Yes. And to clarify, the other guide "caught it" I saw it and put the boat on her. I did gaff it which got exciting and put it in the gloo.

I fish out of the IOP marina.
Shameless self promotion to follow

www.advoutdoors is my website. It is dated and needs an overhaul
You can also find me on facebook at Adventure Outdoors Charter Fishing and Boat Tours.

Special discounts for Cockytalk members. :)
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #5
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

I thought this was a snake thread.
Is a cobia a saltwater catfish?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Yes. And to clarify, the other guide "caught it" I saw it and put the boat on her. I did gaff it which got exciting and put it in the gloo.

I fish out of the IOP marina.
Shameless self promotion to follow

www.advoutdoors is my website. It is dated and needs an overhaul
You can also find me on facebook at Adventure Outdoors Charter Fishing and Boat Tours.

Special discounts for Cockytalk members. :)
Great. I may contact you soon. Taking my son out of port royal next month for his 13th birthday. Using a guide that was recommended to us by someone else. We vacation at Fripp every year but also make trips to Charleston every fall too.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #7
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Nice catch!
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:47 AM   #8
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Oh it's just a little black fish, maybe 6 lbs. It's the camera angle that makes it look so large.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #9
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
It's the camera angle that makes it look so large.
that's what she said.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #10
Nassau Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

love them fresh or smoked into fish dip. Do you find them wormy - used to see them like that from the gulf?
Do you fly fish charters for reds?
Old 05-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #11
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

We use those for bait. JK, nice damn catch. How long did it take to reel that sucker in?
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #12
d20636
Haven't seen your acid...

Male

CockyCash: 1360
d20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot materiald20636 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
Oh it's just a little black fish, maybe 6 lbs. It's the camera angle that makes it look so large.
You're with DNR?

Old 05-14-2014, 02:25 PM   #13
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20636 View Post
You're with DNR?

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #14
Karl Childers
Recruit

Male

Karl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot materialKarl Childers is USC mascot material

Need a bigger cooler.
Karl Childers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:45 PM   #15
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I thought I recognized that marina... Went out of that same marina a couple weeks ago fishing for Reds, but got skunked. Apparently it's a little early in the season. We also hit up the jetties to fish for sea bass, flounder, and some other species (I believe), with no luck. I'm not an avid angler- just joined a couple of guys I know who have fished down there a good bit. One of them mentioned wanting to target Cobia, but apparenlty those are a little further out than they felt comfortable taking a 17 foot Key Largo on that day... oh and someone said something about having to chum to catch Cobia.

Anyways, nice fish, man.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #16
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I thought I recognized that marina... Went out of that same marina a couple weeks ago fishing for Reds, but got skunked. Apparently it's a little early in the season. We also hit up the jetties to fish for sea bass, flounder, and some other species (I believe), with no luck. I'm not an avid angler- just joined a couple of guys I know who have fished down there a good bit. One of them mentioned wanting to target Cobia, but apparenlty those are a little further out than they felt comfortable taking a 17 foot Key Largo on that day... oh and someone said something about having to chum to catch Cobia.

Anyways, nice fish, man.
The Reds are here. To answer some of the questions asked, I don't do any fly fishing charters since my boat is a 24 Pathfinder with a top. I usually send those charters to one of my flats boat buddies.
The fish wasn't wormy but the consistency of the meat was a lot like raw chicken. It is good eating, even though I have had better. So far we have griilled and fried it.
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #17
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

Bouys or open water with bottom? Nevermind. I wouldn't tell me either. At least come clean with the bait. P.L. told me about this yesterday, so close to State guys. That fat joker must have screamed some line off when it realized it was hooked. I do love me some lemonfish. How was JR's arm afterwards?

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #18
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 1080
Copperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talonsCopperhead has developed his gaff and talons

Oh, forgot to add that I have an excellent and pretty simple recipe (30 min and done)for stew if you want it. I'll post it tomorrow on this thread

Gotta love it
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #19
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

We drove all over the ocean looking for them and found that one a mile off dewees inlet on the surface. Pitched a live blue crab in front of it and it was Game on.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:05 AM   #20
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Some beautiful fish you have there friend.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote