CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
rosstheboss
markymark550
Transmaniacon
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
2014 Charleston Clas (3226)
The Defense (2052)
**USC Women vs. San (2021)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1994)
Women's soccer Sweet (1601)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1164)
USC/clemson spread (873)
In case no one saw.. (809)
injury report? (708)
Odell Becham Catch (348)
Texans getting frustrated
Dylan Thompson surpasses
2014 Charleston Classic:
**USC Women vs. San Diego
Fly_over tomorrow?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Marquav
2015 - Joe Blue
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo

Old 05-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002
Default BA: 2014 Top 100 Draft Prospects

http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle...rospects-list/

I decided to put this here, because they have Grayson Greiner at #74. No other Gamecocks listed. They do have lists by position, but you have to be a member.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: BA: 2014 Top 100 Draft Prospects

I imagine we'll lose Greiner, Pankake, and English. Possibly Martin as well. Monty, Seddon, and Beal I wouldn't be surprised to lose from the pitching staff. Not sure where Mincey is on the pro radar.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhusc2002 View Post
http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle...rospects-list/

I decided to put this here, because they have Grayson Greiner at #74. No other Gamecocks listed. They do have lists by position, but you have to be a member.
I would have expected Greiner to be much higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I imagine we'll lose Greiner, Pankake, and English. Possibly Martin as well. Monty, Seddon, and Beal I wouldn't be surprised to lose from the pitching staff. Not sure where Mincey is on the pro radar.
I really don't think Montgomery will go but I think all the rest will except Mincey.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I would have expected Greiner to be much higher.

I really don't think Montgomery will go but I think all the rest will except Mincey.

Yeah my gut feeling as well. With losing so much on offense it'd be nice to keep the same starting rotation of Monty, Wynkoop, and Crowe.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #5
GabbieM
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

Not quite sure greiner would leave yet. I mean, it would be a good decision financially of course. We'll see. Same with English & even possibly Pankake. Unless they start looking nutty into the post season (pankake & english)
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbieM View Post
Not quite sure greiner would leave yet. I mean, it would be a good decision financially of course. We'll see. Same with English & even possibly Pankake. Unless they start looking nutty into the post season (pankake & english)
Greiner is the one that I'm the most sure will leave
Old 05-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #7
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Being an engineering major, I don't think Martin leaves. I don't know why English would leave, he still has a lot of work to do on his hitting. I could see Pankake coming back, too, if his draft stock falls too far.
Pty23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

I believe Griener is going to go with little, if any doubt.

English and Pankake could leave depending on the deals they get and how they finish out the year.
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #9
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1022824
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Greiner is a lock to go. I may be wrong but I don't think he is the scholar that Roth was and a baseball career was always his goal. I think English and Pankake are gone too if they are top 7 rounds. It would be nice for all of them to stay because we would have a powerhouse next year, but I can't see it happening.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #10
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Griener is as good as gone. I'm honestly till up in the air about everyone else. Probably 50/50 on Pankake and English. I think Monty will stay, probably Martin too. Seddon I really have no idea about.

I'm hoping there's some kind of secret pact all the juniors make to come back and just dominate everyone next year, but I don't see that happening.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:52 AM   #11
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Isn't Connor Bright a junior too? After he got bit by the injury bug I bet he stays as well.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:53 AM   #12
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I wish tje NFL draft would mirror the baseball draft in format and ability for the players to be drafted an then return to school

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote