CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
sanford
ccured
MWard
auslander
Acockolypse Now
Spurticus
El Cid Ranger
donbgamecock
The Yancey
Cockhornleghorn
Green and Lammons (2938)
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1100)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (868)
Dawg DL man arrested (786)
Texags (755)
Comporium (736)
Georgia DE Jonathan (552)
Ace suspended 4 game (500)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (350)
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
Ace suspended 4 games
Official WWE Thread
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
Texags
Georgia Defensive returni
Men's Basketball at Brook
Dawg DL man arrested for
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM   #961
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: ***2014 Carolina Panthers offseason/draft/season thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Shaun King went on local radio this morning and shedded DG. Said the Panthers are the least talented OL and skill position team in the entire NFC.
Probably correct.

If we are hanging our hopes on the likes of Tavares King becoming a dependable playmaker for us than I am worried.

I hope Cotchery and Avant are just a lot better than anyone really knows but I think we know who they are.

I am truly worried about the offensive line.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #962
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

So, this isn't good. Greg Hardy reportedly arrested for domestic violence.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stic-violence/
Old 05-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #963
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Probably correct.

If we are hanging our hopes on the likes of Tavares King becoming a dependable playmaker for us than I am worried.

I hope Cotchery and Avant are just a lot better than anyone really knows but I think we know who they are.

Avant has very reliable hands and will serve as a solid #3 receiver.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #964
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
So, this isn't good. Greg Hardy reportedly arrested for domestic violence.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stic-violence/
Not good news at all..
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #965
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws

I was one of the few who really liked the Kony Ealy pick this year. Good thing we got him too. I'm sure Hardy will face some sort of suspension from this. Also, next year we will not have both Hardy and Charles Johnson on the team in my opinion. They together are about a $27,000,000 hit to the cap. Johnson may be released or Hardy not signed due to character issues and being too expensive.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:53 PM   #966
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

IDK if DG should have used the franchise tag on GH. It costs us 13+ million to keep him when that money could have gone into a couple of WRs or a LT.

Obviously we didn't know at the time that the team could get Ealy in the draft nor could anyone have known that GH would get arrested. However, with both the Ealy pick and Gh arrest - the franchise tag looks like a mistake.

If GH is suspended for any length of time, is the team credited back with that money towards their cap figure? If so, does that cap money roll into the next season like all money that is under the cap?
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #967
Spurrier_Superior_One
Excuse Free Zone

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Big Cat won't take lightly to this, but damn it Kraken you are supposed to beat up Breesus.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #968
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Probably correct.

DG's draft was "the Giants way". He doesn't believe in drafting on need - probability says you're not going to end up with the best players that way, over the long run. Most of the commentators think needs first -> every analysis I read was based on that perspective. They also don't understand the cap situation with Kraken/CJ, that we've all been talking bout here, and the rationale behind the Ealy pick.

As far as Kraken, I agree it was a bad idea to tag him - we might have held on to mitchell and Ginn, and had some money left over.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #969
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

FYI...

Team would recieve cap credit if GH was suspended by the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...scant-options/
Old 05-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #970
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Avant has very reliable hands and will serve as a solid #3 receiver.
I agree. He is a solid #3 and so is Cotchery...and so is Underwood and we bring in a an unpolished wr in KB.

I don't know. I just hope Cotchery or someone on the roster can be at least a solid #2 or even a passable #1 nfl wideout.

A lineup full of #3 wr's is not going to win big IMO. Philly tried it for years before they finally went and got T.O. And then Went to the Super Bowl.

Quote:
FYI...

Team would recieve cap credit if GH was suspended by the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...scant-options/
well, there's some good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
DG's draft was "the Giants way". He doesn't believe in drafting on need - probability says you're not going to end up with the best players that way, over the long run. Most of the commentators think needs first -> every analysis I read was based on that perspective. They also don't understand the cap situation with Kraken/CJ, that we've all been talking bout here, and the rationale behind the Ealy pick.

As far as Kraken, I agree it was a bad idea to tag him - we might have held on to mitchell and Ginn, and had some money left over.
Tagging GH was a mistake for sure now. I don't necessarily disagree with taking value over need in recruiting but if the oline struggles mightily next season I may change my tune.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #971
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
I agree. He is a solid #3 and so is Cotchery...and so is Underwood and we bring in a an unpolished wr in KB.

I don't know. I just hope Cotchery or someone on the roster can be at least a solid #2 or even a passable #1 nfl wideout.

A lineup full of #3 wr's is not going to win big IMO. Philly tried it for years before they finally went and got T.O. And then Went to the Super Bowl.

well, there's some good news.

Tagging GH was a mistake for sure now. I don't necessarily disagree with taking value over need in recruiting but if the oline struggles mightily next season I may change my tune.
The Seahawks just won the Super Bowl with Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin as their best receivers. Sidney Rice tore his acl before the playoffs (and he arguably is a #3 receiver now MAYBE a #2) and Percy Harvin only played in like 2 games all year (granted he had some huge plays in the Super Bowl. The Seahawks would have won without Percy though as they did all year. Their Defense was the difference maker and the Panthers have a very good Defense (not on the Seahawks level but very good).

Also, Calvin Johnson has been the best WR in the league for a while now but the Lions didn't make the playoffs. Big Time WR is nice, but not necessary to winning big.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #972
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

The Ealy pick looks like gold now. Gettleman knew something we didnt
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #973
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
The Seahawks just won the Super Bowl with Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin as their best receivers. Sidney Rice tore his acl before the playoffs (and he arguably is a #3 receiver now MAYBE a #2) and Percy Harvin only played in like 2 games all year (granted he had some huge plays in the Super Bowl. The Seahawks would have won without Percy though as they did all year. Their Defense was the difference maker and the Panthers have a very good Defense (not on the Seahawks level but very good).

Also, Calvin Johnson has been the best WR in the league for a while now but the Lions didn't make the playoffs. Big Time WR is nice, but not necessary to winning big.
I would take the Seattle wr corps from last year over ours in a hot minute.

Golden Tate, Sid Rice, Harvin, Baldwin. At least there are three #2's listed.

I am not saying you need an elite wr's to win it all but it does help to stretch out the d if you have at least one.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #974
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

So Hardy was pissed that his old lady was banging Nelly. This story just gets better and better.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/05/15/gre...ip-with-nelly/
Old 05-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #975
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudly

Lesson learnt.

In the draft, every position is a position of need.
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #976
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti View Post
The Ealy pick looks like gold now. Gettleman knew something we didnt
What did he know?
Old 05-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #977
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudly

Quote:
What did he know?
he's boyz w/ nelly an learnt bout dat gurl
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #978
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
So Hardy was pissed that his old lady was banging Nelly. This story just gets better and better.

http://thebiglead.com/2014/05/15/gre...ip-with-nelly/
Quote:
Greg Hardy was arrested earlier this week following an alleged domestic assault in which the Panthers defensive end was accused of throwing his girlfriend, Nicole Holder down onto a couch covered in assault weapons, strangling her, and threatening to shoot her.
Ruh roh. He may have to spend a little time playing checkers with Rae Carruth.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #979
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
Ruh roh. He may have to spend a little time playing checkers with Rae Carruth.
not even close....Hardy owned all those guys legally, her story isnt making much sense to me, this whole thing is a mess tho
Old 05-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #980
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
not even close....Hardy owned all those guys legally, her story isnt making much sense to me, this whole thing is a mess tho
what about the other womans 911 call that she says she personally saw Hardy beating the woman?
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote