CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Gamecocks1137
jebodiah
b381l
Acockolypse Now
Gamecock in TX
cockycrazy2001
Cockypantherfan
GarnetSwarm1990
Vote for Browns star (3046)
texags (2553)
Shaw Lighting Up Bro (2219)
2016 Commitment - Ja (1807)
Preparing for the sm (1436)
Connor Shaw intervie (876)
Gameday Garnet Polo (717)
Aggie Statistics (688)
Clowney (688)
They are coming to y (488)
They are coming to your c
QB Kenny Hill named start
Vote for Browns starting
What would be your defini
Gameday Garnet Polo
texags
Preparing for the smash r
Clowney
Aggie Statistics
Connor Shaw interviewed a

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 12:28 AM   #41
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - D.J. Jones

Quote:
Jones, who has a rating of 96 from 247Sports, was able to spend time with his recruiter, South Carolina defensive line coach Deke Adams.
"I already felt like he was a great guy, but I found out today he was a great coach," Jones said. "We sat down and we talked about ball. Like I said, he picked my brain and I picked his. I asked him some questions and he answered them very well. We mainly talked about my techniques, where I'd like to play, my hand placement, how he teaches to read blocks. His answers were what I was looking for."
The two also talked about the position he would play and the chance for early playing time.
"That also impressed me too," Jones said. "We sat down and talked about how I would fit and that would be me playing either a three-technique or a nose. We talked about me playing any position on the defensive line, but me being dominant as a nose or the three."
His thoughts on the sc visit. His parents really want him at SC
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 05-13-2014, 07:47 AM   #42
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 275
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
His thoughts on the sc visit. His parents really want him at SC

Great to hear. Thanks for the information as always!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #43
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Supposed to visit Clemson this weekend. I see where he went to Wren HS which is same as their QB commit. Don't expect that to be much of an influence. What I do expect though is Dabo or whoever he meets this weekend to bring up the NFL draft (not Clowney but Quarles)
Old 05-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #44
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudlyMechanical Cock is crowing loudly

I wouldnt be scared of our d-line record going to the NFL.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #45
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Matthews, Robertson, Ingram, Jerideau, Taylor, Clowney....
Old 05-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #46
Carolinafan@UTENN
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolinafan@UTENN has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Matthews, Robertson, Ingram, Jerideau, Taylor, Clowney....
Don't forget Abraham!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #47
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinafan@UTENN View Post
Don't forget Abraham!
was going with more recent guys
Old 05-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #48
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

We might have a slight dip this year, but we are reloading that D line!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:55 PM   #49
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DL DJ Jones of East Mississippi JC and some of his family spent most of Monday at USC getting a close up look at the school and the football program. Jones said they arrived around 9:00 AM and left around 4:00 PM.
“I really enjoyed it,” Jones said. “Saw a lot of new things. They showed me some new renovations and they are putting up some new buildings. I got to know coach Deke Adams a lot more. We sat down and talked some ball. We went to the academic building and talked to them a pretty good bit. They picked my brain and I picked theirs.”
Jones said he and Adams looked at defensive game film and the defensive depth charts. “I just like the way they play ball,” Jones said. “He was telling me how I would fit in.”
Jones is not ready to name favorites but said the visit helped USC’s standing with him. “It puts them up there. It opened my eyes. I never thought the South Carolina defensive tackles were produced but I got to critique Kelcy Quarles’ film a lot and he was coached, he was coached well. He’s coaching them. He’s coaching them the right way.”
Jones visited Tennessee last Saturday and this Saturday he plans to visit Clemson. He returns to his school May 27th to begin the summer term.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-this-weekend/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 05-14-2014, 11:08 AM   #50
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Bartow with a CB to USC.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 05-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #51
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Bartow with a CB to USC.
Bartow's percentage:

2014 Stats: 75 out of 94 (79.79 %) | AVG days Correct: 11.03

So basically, Bartow's Crystal Balls (insert juvenile hehe here) are 80% correct with an average correct time of over 11 days. I will be interested to see if he changes this after his visit to clempson this weekend.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:42 AM   #52
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Bartow's percentage:

2014 Stats: 75 out of 94 (79.79 %) | AVG days Correct: 11.03

So basically, Bartow's Crystal Balls (insert juvenile hehe here) are 80% correct with an average correct time of over 11 days. I will be interested to see if he changes this after his visit to clempson this weekend.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:20 PM   #53
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

DJ Jones was just ranked on Rivals, got a 4Star 5.9 rating and I believe #4 or #5 Overall.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/southcaroli....2t9y2REaStpB4

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #54
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Also visiting Auburn this weekend.

How many years will he have to play when he gets here or anywhere else?
Old 05-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #55
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Also visiting Auburn this weekend.

How many years will he have to play when he gets here or anywhere else?
I think I read about a month ago that he has 3 to play 2. He graduated HS in 2013, so this makes sense as well.

He played last season at East Mississippi and had 8 Sacks and 8 TFL's.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 05-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #56
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

rrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervousrrsandersjr is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Supposed to visit Clemson this weekend. I see where he went to Wren HS which is same as their QB commit. Don't expect that to be much of an influence. What I do expect though is Dabo or whoever he meets this weekend to bring up the NFL draft (not Clowney but Quarles)
Bryant came to Wren after Jones left
Old 05-15-2014, 12:03 AM   #57
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Why do we follow this so early? I still get my hopes up when I see these threads 0.o I know it's never too early to recruit these guys but when is it too early to make a thread about it?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

Old 05-15-2014, 01:09 AM   #58
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Why do we follow this so early? I still get my hopes up when I see these threads 0.o I know it's never too early to recruit these guys but when is it too early to make a thread about it?
there's a whole bunch of threads on 2016 kids......we've already got 8 commits with another tomorrow announcing at 2:00 for 2015 recruits. It's not too early......it's never too early.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:15 AM   #59
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

just saw the article Chris Clark did on the JUCO players that we have an opportunity to get, this could be one heck of a class.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:34 AM   #60
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
there's a whole bunch of threads on 2016 kids......we've already got 8 commits with another tomorrow announcing at 2:00 for 2015 recruits. It's not too early......it's never too early.
Very True and does it seem a lot more of these early Commit guys are sticking to their words now?
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

Closed Thread