CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ccured
kingofnerf
ShutTheSuccop
taylorssc
gamecockphan
cockybreeyan
ChickenButt
carcosa
lake-cityCOCK89
400 pasing yards (796)
Funny? (736)
Nosovitch (689)
HBC Weekly Presser (632)
This program has no (583)
Zone Read Analysis w (472)
Thompson Has Neck In (462)
What fish do you eat (455)
KY Suspends 4 Player (418)
Would You Accept Lam (273)
One dimensional QB
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
4th & 1 Play
State talent drying up
Four UK Players Suspended
400 pasing yards
2016 - Tavien Feaster
Build a New Stadium
Defer Or Not?
HBC Weekly Presser

Old 04-21-2014, 09:34 PM   #41
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Jalen Christian

Man would I love for us to land Preston Williams.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:43 PM   #42
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Preston would be sweet but Jalen would be a great pickup as well.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:55 AM   #43
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think one of the things helping us with Jalen is the fact that Dylan and Mitch are both better known as passing QB as opposed to running QB. If I'm a big time WR, I want to be on a team that's going to be playing a lot of "pitch and catch".

I think this is what we are using with Preston Williams as well.
Dylan will be gone, but your point about Mitch stands.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 09:16 PM   #44
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Preston would be sweet but Jalen would be a great pickup as well.
Jalen and Preston would be crazy good though
Old 04-22-2014, 09:41 PM   #45
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
Dylan will be gone, but your point about Mitch stands.

JD
The reason I mentioned Dylan is because I think our offense will have a little different look this year and Mitch would transition to the 2014 offense as a passer better than Shaw's 2013 offense.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #46
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

Really would like to see jalen go ahead and pull the trigger fou USC. Really need to grab some wr's
Old 05-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #47
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Really would like to see jalen go ahead and pull the trigger fou USC. Really need to grab some wr's
This position is critical for this class.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #48
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Their willingness to play wide receivers under six-feel in height has USC strong with ATH Jalen Christian (5-10 165) of Damascus, MD. Christian announced his top 11 schools last month via Twitter and the Gamecocks made the cut. “A lot of teams are looking for receivers that are 6’5 but South Carolina plays the best player regardless of his height,” Christian said. “That’s what really stuck out to me about them.”
Christian visited USC a year ago for their spring game and felt comfortable in Columbia.
“It reminded me a lot of my hometown,” he said. “It’s not too small but everything downtown kind of revolved around football. They have great fan support.”
As he continues to narrow his list, Christian said he felt really good about the Gamecocks. His final 11 according to his tweet last month was USC, Duke, Kentucky, Maryland, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Rutgers, Wisconsin and West Virginia. He has already visited USC, Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio State and Notre Dame. The Irish were the only school not to make his list. Each has offered.
Clemson, Connecticut, Tennessee, NC State, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech and Oklahoma were among those not to make the list. “Clemson might have made it but I sort of lost contact with them,” Christian said.
He does not have a time frame for a commitment and is unsure if he will take all five of his official visits. Christian did not name a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-usc-enticing/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:57 PM   #49
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Any further news on Jalen? I just re-watched his highlight film and he is such an explosive athlete. He could do wonders on punt and kick off returns.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #50
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

JC Shurburtt said he expects him to be a Gamecock by the end of the Summer.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-13-2014, 11:06 AM   #51
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Morrell with a CB to USC.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:41 PM   #52
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
5/12/2014: G.A. Mangus from South Carolina Gamecocks visits Jalen Christian

per 247 Timeline

Old 05-14-2014, 01:39 PM   #53
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Couple more CB picks for USC coming in this morning including Bartow.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #54
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

I just saw that the video embedded at the start of the thread is from his 8th grade year. Here are some highlights from his 2013 season:

I wouldn't quite put him at the same level as Ace or Pharoah, but he looks pretty good in the open field. I'd like to see him catch the ball with his hands more. Looks to me like he's cradling it with is body in a lot of his catches. It does seem that he was a RB until recently, though, so he can still learn. It's just hard to judge how good his hands are. (Don't get me wrong, I still think he's a take)

Last edited by GarnetInChicago; 05-14-2014 at 08:08 PM.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #55
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
I just saw that the video embedded at the start of the thread is from his 8th grade year. Here are some highlights from his 2013 season:

I wouldn't quite put him at the same level as Ace or Pharoah, but he looks pretty good in the open field. I'd like to see him catch the ball with his hands more. Looks to me like he's cradling it with is body in a lot of his catches. It does seem that he was a RB until recently, though, so he can still learn. It's just hard to judge how good his hands are.
He has a 5.8 four star rating......same a Cooper. Ace was a 5.5 three star. All 3 really good players.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #56
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
He has a 5.8 four star rating......same a Cooper. Ace was a 5.5 three star. All 3 really good players.
If you're using Rivals' star ratings, Ace Sanders was also a 5.8 4*....
Old 05-14-2014, 10:20 PM   #57
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Announcing Tomorrow
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #58
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Right on. Glad he's going to be a Gamecock.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #59
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Announcing Tomorrow
at 2pm
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #60
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

No way we dont land this guy
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote