CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
mpilot0705
U-Dub Gamecock
Storm Of Spurs
talkincock
doubledribble
gamecockgal
catdaddy66
**USC vs. South Alab (18459)
Clemson (2382)
Drew Owens missing? (2280)
Question about after (1898)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1220)
Shaq Roland (1179)
FishFry 47-yarder (691)
clemson game time: N (667)
How about this scena (536)
Tenn-Mizzou game (367)
Clemson fan here
Clemson
Question about after the
Winston
Tenn-Mizzou game
Drew Owens missing?
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank
what I think ab ward
2014 Charleston Classic *
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa

Old 05-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #141
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)

awesome. just threw my first no-no in any modern baseball game. i've come close before, but never quite gotten there.

112 pitch no hitter...and harang went 3-4 from the plate to boot.

settings: dynamic difficulty on both hitting/pitching. hitting was veteran at the time and pitching was veteran+

quick counts were on.......which, i'll be honest, is more difficult to get the complete game IMO. it's just so hard to get manageable pitch counts...you don't get the one pitch put out like you can with regular counts on. i knew i had a chance for a complete game (which would have been my second in 40-something tries) in about the 4th inning. i was getting a lot more quick at bats, pitching to contact....it set up nicely.

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 PM   #142
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

lol...and another cool moment in my next game...

dude hit a gapper to left center...announcer said "and they'd need another upton brother in the outfield to get that one as it's to the wall."

lmao...well done, commentary track, well done.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:07 AM   #143
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

I forgot about another one of my big complaints:

The guess pitch part in batting. It use to be that you could guess the pitch and location and if you had just the location right, your batting eye would go there even if it wasn't the pitch you guessed. If you just guessed the right pitch, your strike zone would flash. If you guessed both right, your batter eye would go right there and show you where the pitch was going to cross the plate.

Now you have to guess both right or you don't get anything out of it. I wish there was an option to go back to the old way.

A smaller complaint for me is the pitching mechanism. I use to love the pulse pitching meter that you used for accuracy on MLB2K. On The Show, even with max accuracy for your pitcher, even on veteran difficulty, the meter is still way too big and moves wayyyyyyyy too quickly.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:40 AM   #144
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

The guess pitch would be a big issue for me. I swore I was watching someone play the other day on Twitch and the ball flashed red right of the pitcher's hand if they guess the pitch right.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:42 AM   #145
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
awesome. just threw my first no-no in any modern baseball game. i've come close before, but never quite gotten there.
Good deal. I've done it a couple of times throughout the years on The Show on Veteran as well. I haven't had a perfect game though. The quick counts would probably make it hard to do a perfect game because you may accidentally walk someone.

What style pitching are you using?
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:56 PM   #146
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Good deal. I've done it a couple of times throughout the years on The Show on Veteran as well. I haven't had a perfect game though. The quick counts would probably make it hard to do a perfect game because you may accidentally walk someone.

What style pitching are you using?
I'm using the meter...it's a lot like the old EA series MVP Baseball. I like it.

Gotta agree with the poster above about the show's pulse pitching. It pretty much sucks. 2k had a much better version of this meter. In the show, it seems even if you nail the pulse meter there's WAY too much variance in where the pitch ends up....and also, I don't like how the pulse meter and the pitching animation are COMPLETELY separate...in 2k games, you started their version of the pulse meter in time with the pitching animation. In the show, you do your thing with the pulse meter and after you're all done, the dude finally throws the ball. Takes me completely out of it...too much of a disconnect there to enjoy it IMO.

The MVP-style meter is in time with the pitching animation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Old 05-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #147
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Oh, and yeah...had two one-pitch accidental walks due to the quick count starting at three balls and me missing the meter just slightly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk