CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
SMOTFS86
GamecockGuardsman
2000grad
robgusc76
sflgc
mick66
gamecockgal
Captain9Dragons
Big Spur
Connor to be backup? (2559)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (1080)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (881)
Carolina ranked #21 (852)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (692)
Most Impactful Peopl (454)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (445)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (421)
Marcus coming home (371)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (351)
Connor to start against R
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Marcus coming home
The Vent and Coaching cha
Gotta get Agent 0 going
Players to The Draft
Greatest Gamecock Players
Greatest Gamecock Players
Bobo to Colorado St???
Connor to be backup?

Old 05-15-2014, 07:48 AM   #41
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudly
Default Re: Half of the JUCO Top Ten Players

Duce Staley

Anybody remember him?
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #42
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Duce Staley

Anybody remember him?
He was a great Gamecock and Pro, which JUCO did he play at before he came to SC?

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #43
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
He was a great Gamecock and Pro, which JUCO did he play at before he came to SC?
As per Wiki: Itawamba Community College in Fulton, Mississippi in 1993 and 1994 where he was a NJCAA All-American

My question: Are Duce and Dawn related?
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #44
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

According to an old post in Cockytalk they are cousins. I can't believe someone on here did not know who Duce is. I must be really old.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #45
sgacock
Blue Chip

Male

sgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudlysgacock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
According to an old post in Cockytalk they are cousins. I can't believe someone on here did not know who Duce is. I must be really old.
What makes you think somebody did not know who he is?
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #46
Ace Dilcock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 680
Ace Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his combAce Dilcock is developing his comb

interesting fact - Duce led the state in receiving his Senior year at Airport High. He also played WR his first year at Itawamba before getting at shoat at RB in his Sophomore year. Ya nevah know...
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:18 AM   #47
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Corey Jenkins had to be ranked pretty high, he was a 2 time JR College All American and led his team to an undefeated season.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:39 AM   #48
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Durant used to be listed as "warmer" to USC per 247Sports, but now is just "warm"....I was hearing a lot about him when it looked like he was ready to commit to us, but then his announcement day came and went, and I really haven't read anything new lately about him. Have things cooled down with him??
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:02 AM   #49
The'Boose2001
The Watchman

Male

CockyCash: 400
The'Boose2001 has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to The'Boose2001 Send a message via Skype™ to The'Boose2001

I"m 34 and I remember him.
The'Boose2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #50
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Durant used to be listed as "warmer" to USC per 247Sports, but now is just "warm"....I was hearing a lot about him when it looked like he was ready to commit to us, but then his announcement day came and went, and I really haven't read anything new lately about him. Have things cooled down with him??
waiting on his academics.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #51
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
He scheduled a "commitment" and told Kornblut it was going to coincide with our coaches visiting him a few weeks ago. I believe our coaches got his transcripts and sent them in for review/approval. He hasn'tcommitted, so I don't know if that means:
admissions said he still has work to do,
admissions simply said no,
or if he was given the opportunity to commit but then pulled back to see other schools.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote