CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
doubledribble
b381l
Jmansour333
thumpin big
ReadR00ster
PageUSC
Gamecocks1137
gadeneer1986
RoosterBooster
Gamecock4lif
Busta out indefinite (1631)
How did we not make (1466)
SOS says his next st (1344)
Our Road Upset Wins (1306)
Miss St. defense (1269)
No easy road for our (564)
Roll call for Auburn (498)
CBSSports SEC predic (496)
University of Buffal (387)
Michael Sams done in (360)
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Our Defense?
CBSSports SEC prediction
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Busta out indefinitely.
Why is everyone anticipat
SOS says his next stop is
Our Road Upset Wins
Miss St. defense

Old 05-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #181
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Updated: Diamond DeShields to visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
I am sorry. Something just doesn't sound right about this. She is leaving a top program for one that is on the march upward. It's not like UNC is a dying program. They beat us in the tournament too. I don't get it. If she was leaving a team that was ranked twentieth or lower, I could understand. But she isn't. And won't she have to sit out a year due to NCAA rules? So what am I missing here? I wanna know.
The Asst. coach that recruited her to play for UNC left before the season. She doesn't seem happy and wants to transfer. I don't know if there is more to it than that. I can assure you though, that Dawn will not let someone come in that she can't control 100%.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #182
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
I am sorry. Something just doesn't sound right about this. She is leaving a top program for one that is on the march upward. It's not like UNC is a dying program. They beat us in the tournament too. I don't get it. If she was leaving a team that was ranked twentieth or lower, I could understand. But she isn't. And won't she have to sit out a year due to NCAA rules? So what am I missing here? I wanna know.
Missing?? My guess is three cards & pages 1-8 of this thread. JMO, tho. LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #183
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Looks like te'a cooper is visiting this weekend as well
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #184
mater
Class of '02

Male

CockyCash: 100380
mater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd803 View Post
The Asst. coach that recruited her to play for UNC left before the season. She doesn't seem happy and wants to transfer. I don't know if there is more to it than that. I can assure you though, that Dawn will not let someone come in that she can't control 100%.
Kelsey Bone

"When a suitcase just won't do."
mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:08 AM   #185
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

I can't blame someone for wanting to transfer from UNC. I know that they UNC graduated folks who work for the NCAA and ESPN have largely kept this under wraps but they have rampant academic fraud and sexual abuse charges now levied against them as an athletic department. They made up classes, had fake sessions where people "attended" but no class actually took place, etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't want a tainted degree, just saying.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #186
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mater View Post
Kelsey Bone
Kelsey Bone just wanted to play somewhere else. That was also 2010, when Staley was in her 2nd year of the program. I think its safe to say she's grown tremendously as a coach since then. But any coach can have a player choose to leave, even the best of the best like Coach K and Geno.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:17 AM   #187
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
She probably did clash heads a little bit with the coaches. Hopefully it won't continue to be an issue for her. She needs to learn to share the basketball a bit more.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #188
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I can't blame someone for wanting to transfer from UNC. I know that they UNC graduated folks who work for the NCAA and ESPN have largely kept this under wraps but they have rampant academic fraud and sexual abuse charges now levied against them as an athletic department. They made up classes, had fake sessions where people "attended" but no class actually took place, etc. etc. etc.

I wouldn't want a tainted degree, just saying.
I doubt they would punish women's basketball unless the scandal applies to some of the female players as well. I don't recall that being said yet.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #189
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Yes sir!!!!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #190
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Hey, if we run out of scholarships, maybe Frank Martin can give up some of his

(j/k of course)
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #191
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

If we get Cooper it would probably hurt us with Lambert, but we could still take both. We're working with 4 scholarship spots.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:23 PM   #192
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I doubt they would punish women's basketball unless the scandal applies to some of the female players as well. I don't recall that being said yet.
Whether they punish that particular sport or not, the whole athletic department has tainted the degrees for any student athlete associated with UNC. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Why this isn't being covered more is beyond me, they are MAKING UP classes and marking attendance for them!
Old 05-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #193
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Hoooooooly crap.

Please, Dawn, please

Old 05-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #194
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Whether they punish that particular sport or not, the whole athletic department has tainted the degrees for any student athlete associated with UNC. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Why this isn't being covered more is beyond me, they are MAKING UP classes and marking attendance for them!
They aren't going to bring the hammer down on every student athlete in every sport at that school. They didn't even do that at Penn State.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #195
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

When football is hurt, everyone is hurt. Remember the money trickles down.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #196
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
They aren't going to bring the hammer down on every student athlete in every sport at that school. They didn't even do that at Penn State.
You aren't understanding what I am saying.

I am not saying the NCAA is going to bring any hammer down. I am saying that the public outlook of an athlete's degree from that university should be tainted, no matter what sport you are in at this point. So far its been found to be true for the football team, the men's bball team, track teams, etc. The entire athletic department at UNC should be under question at this point, and therefore any degree obtained by an athlete at that school should be looked at with some incredulity.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #197
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Wow, wouldn't those two be a double coup?
Old 05-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #198
Todd803
4-Star

Male

Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mater View Post
Kelsey Bone
She improved throughout her freshman year, got homesick and maybe didn't like the W-L result. Dawn did fine with her when she was in the program. Never said Dawn would never have another transfer.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #199
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
You aren't understanding what I am saying.

I am not saying the NCAA is going to bring any hammer down. I am saying that the public outlook of an athlete's degree from that university should be tainted, no matter what sport you are in at this point. So far its been found to be true for the football team, the men's bball team, track teams, etc. The entire athletic department at UNC should be under question at this point, and therefore any degree obtained by an athlete at that school should be looked at with some incredulity.

UNC is only the school that got caught, degrees by student athletes get looked at with incredulity just about everywhere anyways because people know that the student-athletes most of the time are only there because they want to be just plain athletes. FSU got busted for this same stuff just a few years back. It happens everywhere, it's just a matter of getting caught.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #200
Todd803
4-Star

Male

Quote:
That is crazy. At least it gives them something to think about and Coach Staley a chance to close it.