CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kevhugh
AtlGAMECOCK
usc90grad
cockybreeyan
soccerguy79
Yearofthegamecock
cockyguitar
Cockypantherfan
BlakelyH19
Gamecocks1137
A&M vent thread (15350)
SOS is pissed (7682)
I think the Gamecock (2986)
Jimmies and Joes (2470)
Man of my word (no t (2178)
I'm not looking forw (1802)
Here is the trophy f (1796)
Worst Beating since? (1769)
Good effort Cocks (1581)
Just a friendly PSA (1254)
SOS is pissed
A&M vent thread
Predict the Season (After
So, Dylan Thompson?
whats up with Mike?
Just a friendly PSA
Here's a terrifying stat
I hate a thief
Recruiting Question
Remember what Lou Holtz u

Old 05-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #321
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Gamecocks move to #5 in Rivals rankings.
I know Rivals does their team rankings based on points, so we COULD jump Clemson today depending on how many points we gain from getting Milton.
garnet_black215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #322
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

The #5 ranking has Milton in it I believe.

From what I read this week it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Marquavius Lewis pulls the trigger this weekend. That would launch us up more spots too.

Also have Redmond, Hatton, and Key likely to decide within the month.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:00 PM   #323
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:

From what I read this week it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Marquavius Lewis pulls the trigger this weekend. That would launch us up more spots too.

GCC # 5
TBS # 7

both include Milton (TBS does not include Jerad Washington)
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #324
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Could we finish with a top 5 class?
Old 05-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #325
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
GCC # 5
TBS # 7

both include Milton (TBS does not include Jerad Washington)
Can someone get me up to speed on that deal?
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #326
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
No one knows...it's a great mystery. One would think that Jared's offer is not commitable at this time, and therefore his commitment to USC is not fully accepted by USC, but if it was the case, GCC who has contacts within the USC staff wouldn't include him on the commitment list all this time. But the other services have been withholding adding him to theirs. And no one ever talks about Washington's situation in the "insider" circles enough to clarify why....

So it's all a big mystery....
Old 05-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #327
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:

I really hope youre right about lewis, hed be a huge pickup.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:43 PM   #328
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:

As of a couple hours ago his commitment hadn't been factored in. Maybe it has now, but I'm on my phone and for some reason it doesn't show the Rivals ranking on my phone.

Edit: just checked, and we fell just short of fourth.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #329
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
Don't think the staff has accepted a comittment from him

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #330
sgacock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
Don't think the staff has accepted a comittment from him
Nobody knows the real story. One group of insiders thinks he has a commitable offer. One group thinks he doesn't. Coaches CANT say.

We may know more in Aug 1 when official written offers are mailed out.

The player and his dad consider him committed
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #331
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
Could we finish with a top 5 class?
if we get the JUCO group of Jones, Lewis, Durant and Sawyer (lead for all these right now), I don't see how we won't be in the top 5.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:57 PM   #332
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
As of a couple hours ago his commitment hadn't been factored in. Maybe it has now, but I'm on my phone and for some reason it doesn't show the Rivals ranking on my phone.

Edit: just checked, and we fell just short of fourth.
^^^^
Old 05-16-2014, 11:02 PM   #333
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Nobody knows the real story. One group of insiders thinks he has a commitable offer. One group thinks he doesn't. Coaches CANT say.

I think part of the reason he isn't considered a commit by the coaches is because he moved around the last 3 years and played at 3 different hs....he had nothing to do with the moves, it was a family decision. But I think the coaches have had a hard time getting all his grades in order. I don't know this is the reason, but it seems that could be what is causing the problem.....especially sense GCC considers him a commit.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:07 AM   #334
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post

The coaches can't say publicly, where they'd be quoted in the media. Against NCAA rules. A lot of those online recruiting services however establish contacts with the coaches over time, where they can make a phone call and talk "off the record" with the coaches, and get a scoop that they can report as "an insider source", without naming names or quoting quotes. That's not against NCAA rules because that way the NCAA has nothing that they can nail to a coach...

So either the online services aren't asking questions about it - they are asking, but the coaches aren't telling - or the coaches have told them, but for some reason they aren't disclosing the scoop, even as anonymously, for some reason. Like I said, a big mystery.....
Old 05-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #335
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Having just watched Highlight videos of both Ty'son Williams and Jordan Scarlett we can't go wrong with either of these guys. They are similar size and skill set. It's hard to tell who truly the better runnin back is as Scarlett probably goes against stiffer competition than Williams. Is there a scenario where we could bring both guys in or is it more likely one or the other?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #336
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Having just watched Highlight videos of both Ty'son Williams and Jordan Scarlett we can't go wrong with either of these guys. They are similar size and skill set. It's hard to tell who truly the better runnin back is as Scarlett probably goes against stiffer competition than Williams. Is there a scenario where we could bring both guys in or is it more likely one or the other?
Considering how much of a need RB is in this class, I could see us taking both. I agree with you on your point of not going wrong with either one, though. Since we go back to a full class this year I would imagine there is room for both.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #337
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

Yeah since we missed out on Scott for the last class and didn't take any RB, I would think we get 2 for this class if we can, and perhaps redshirt one of them who is the slowest to pick up the playbook....
Old 05-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #338
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Considering how much of a need RB is in this class, I could see us taking both. I agree with you on your point of not going wrong with either one, though. Since we go back to a full class this year I would imagine there is room for both.
I don't think we'll be taking 2, but we can tell them first to commit wins....that way we avoid last year's debacle.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:29 PM   #339
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his comb

IF we could get Two great RBs why would we not take Two since we didn't sign a RB last class. PLUS M Davis may leave early. We have RB depth now, but that could change soon.
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #340
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
IF we could get Two great RBs why would we not take Two since we didn't sign a RB last class. PLUS M Davis may leave early. We have RB depth now, but that could change soon.
Davis WILL leave early. Considering the shelf life and worth of rb's these days he almost has to.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote