CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
Badazcock
CockyLifer
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (27514)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2132)
Simple "yes&quo (1474)
Phil Steele just pre (1200)
We actually didnt lo (1133)
Eat Crow (901)
what I think ab ward (888)
Extremely Proud (773)
Garcia: Change the R (754)
TeMarcus Blanton (702)
Nick Marshall
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Extremely Proud
I want people to explain
We would be 7-1 with just
what I think ab ward
Defense question
We actually didnt lose
Simple "yes" or
End of the first half....

Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #101
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
It comes across as a forced tradition to help us break into the upper echelon of rivalry games where the focus should be on the quality of the on-field product. Au/bama and the rest of big names aren't talked about nationally because they have a catchy nickname or flash trophy, it's because it's an annual battle of elite teams whose tradition isn't a ceremony it's in their achievements.

If sc and Clemson keep winning and meeting in top 10 showdowns with now playoff implications, we will be right up there with the other rivalries.

This. I don't really care either way. A cooler trophy would be nice, but the way it's being pushed by a segment of our fans just turns me off. I'd rather see it occur naturally. I also think the whole tree statue thing is a bit over the top. I'd be a proponent of a palmetto tree trophy and/or some tree uni patches/helmet stickers.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #102
Take-a-Knee
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

I love the Palmetto w/crescent flag , It's way too cool not to use some way in the game
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:20 PM   #103
wildwes
4-Star

Male

wildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurs

If anyone gets on Spurrier's radio call-in show, please ask him about the Clash of the Crescent idea. I would love to hear Spurrier's comments about this. If Spurrier supports this, I believe this idea will become a reality.

SPECIAL ADDITION .... Carolina Calls With Steve Spurrier Tonight (Wed. 1/15/14)
Old 01-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #104
RY4N
\_(ツ)_/

Male

RY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPitRY4N rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwes View Post
If anyone gets on Spurrier's radio call-in show, please ask him about the Clash of the Crescent idea. I would love to hear Spurrier's comments about this. If Spurrier supports this, I believe this idea will become a reality.

SPECIAL ADDITION .... Carolina Calls With Steve Spurrier Tonight (Wed. 1/15/14)
Did anyone happen to do this?
Old 01-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #105
AtlantaSportsGuy
Football Guru

Male

AtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spursAtlantaSportsGuy has earned his spurs

Love the idea!

AtlantaSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #106
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Just wondering.. does the Hardees Trophy have anything to do with the fast food chain?

If it's a really stupid question, I apologize.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #107
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Just wondering.. does the Hardees Trophy have anything to do with the fast food chain?

If it's a really stupid question, I apologize.
Yes it does. One of the executive members of Hardee's had a kid that played for clemson. He "donated" the trophy some time ago.

frankly, It is a piece of crap and I would prefer not to have some clemson tie to it.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:02 PM   #108
PalmettoG27
Walk On

Male

PalmettoG27 has hatched from the shell

I think the rivalry game currently being called the 'Palmetto Bowl' has a better ring to it. And if I am not mistaken the winning team always takes a trophy.
PalmettoG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:23 PM   #109
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 508
WeCocky has hatched from the shell

Spurrier-Sweeney Super Saturday Showdown
WeCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #110
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

"Palmetto State Showdown" the winner gets the "Palmetto Gold Plate" not a trophy, just to be different.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #111
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

So is this going to happen or what?
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #112
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
So is this going to happen or what?

No.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #113
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
No.
Well then.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #114
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY4N View Post
(Please read entire post before commenting)

Hey guys, some of you may remember a thread on this a year or so ago but I wanted to start a new one. But in quick summation here is the proposal:

The commission of two bronze palmetto tree statues, one located at Williams-Brice Stadium, and the other at Death Valley. Maybe ten to twelve feet high each, and identically cast. Each tree should have a spot on top where a scale crescent seen on the state flag, also bronze, could be affixed, and every year, Carolina and Clemson should play for that crescent.

Now I remember a few were not in favor of the idea and said it seems like a forced tradition, gimmicky, or the rivalry is fine the way it is but I see it as none of those and we shall have to agree to disagree and you don't need to support this nor sign the petition.

When I first read the article, which everyone should check out, (read HERE) proposing the idea, I thought it was incredible.

Think how it could help with recruiting since younger guys, I believe, would find mass appeal for it. The media would be all about it as well. I don't think some of you realize how unappreciated our rivalry is among the other widely publicized rivalry games. And some of you may say "I don't care, we don't need all the hype. The fans know how much the game means." But again, recruiting. I'd say at least at least 75% of USC commits didn't grow up Gamecock fans. Also, we can have something to be proud of instead of the crumby unrenowned Hardee's Trophy.

There have already been spikes of interest on this since the campaign for this was started in June of 2011. When Hyman was around he said the idea got around to him a few times and they were looking into it. My friend Tre (the guy who created the idea) was contacted by heads of both school's student governments, and I was even in contact with a sculptor from Charleston about creating the statues but I realize SHOULD this ever come into fruition, the schools will likely choose a sculptor. But for a while interest has died down, so I am trying to get the "viral" side of things going again during the major summer sports lull. Personally, I think this would look great in those windows underneath the outside part of the beast board, since OBVIOUSLY it would be a major target to be vandalized/stolen we can't have it in the outside plaza even though it'd be badass. But maybe the school could work something out.

Lastly, pleaseeee do not throw this thread off with the topic/argument on what the crescent actually is. Whether it's a moon, gorget, sign of the second son, or whatever else! The fact is, growing up I always thought it was the moon and I feel 95% of anyone who sees the flag assumes the same. But to be correct in the naming, there is no denying that it is actually a crescent. I thought "Battle for the Carolina Moon" sounded pretty cool but we'll see where that goes. Anyways, thanks for reading and please post about what you think of this and inbox me if you can help in any way possible!

SIGN THE PETITION HERE:

Also pleaseeeee share on Facebook/Twitter/Email
It honestly helps immensely, seriously!

http://www.change.org/petitions/new-...f-the-crescent

AND "LIKE" THE FACEBOOK PAGE HERE FOR UPDATES & SUPPORT:

https://www.facebook.com/TheClashForTheCrescent

After liking the page make sure you hover over the button that shows you "liked" the page and click "Show in News Feed" to get ALL posts.
Facebook is too greedy these days!

Time to revisit the Trophy!
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #115
wildwes
4-Star

Male

wildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurs

If anyone gets on Spurrier's radio call-in show tonight, please ask him about the Clash of the Crescent idea. I would love to hear Spurrier's comments about this. If Spurrier supports this, I believe this idea will become a reality.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #116
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwes View Post
If anyone gets on Spurrier's radio call-in show tonight, please ask him about the Clash of the Crescent idea. I would love to hear Spurrier's comments about this. If Spurrier supports this, I believe this idea will become a reality.
Go away, call yourself if youre so interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote