CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
ReadR00ster
Spurticus
StormOfTalons
gamecock88
ZenUSC
bcolinc
Garnet Gamecock
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1639)
All of our defensive (1354)
Spurrier Presser (1292)
Uniform thread (1080)
Cack's Toast of the (1038)
louisville (1020)
Rankings (891)
Spurrier: Davis Will (812)
3-4 "D" Ke (601)
3-4 "D" Keep it
Not a talent issue
Recruiting Question
Rankings
Defensive Backfield
East Carolina Prediction
USC/Georgia 9/13/2014
Nick Chubb
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
Jets Cut Tajh Boyd

Old 05-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Horse Racing 2014

The Preakness Stakes is about to start.

California Chrome won the Kentucky Derby pulling away and is the favorite in this race.

Quote:
California Chrome's dam is Love the Chase, and he is her first foal.[7] She was purchased as a yearling for $30,000 by an agent for a horse ownership group called the Blinkers On Racing Stable.[8] As a two- and three-year-old filly, she ran six times and won on her fourth try in a maiden claiming race at Golden Gate Fields. After her win, Steve Coburn and Perry Martin became her official owners.[9] They paid $8,000 for her, and after two more races, they retired her in 2009.[8][9] They hoped she would become a good broodmare.[7] When she retired, it was discovered that she had a breathing problem. When California Chrome became a Kentucky Derby contender, Martin and Coburn turned down an offer of $2.1 million for Love the Chase.[8]
When they bought Love the Chase, a casual observer remarked that only a "dumb ass" would buy her, and so Coburn and Martin decided to name their racing operation DAP Racing, which stands for "Dumb Ass Partners".[11] They created a caricature of a buck-toothed jackass to adorn the back of their racing silks and picked purple and green, the favorite colors of Carolyn Coburn and Denise Martin, for their stable colors.[3] The initials "DAP" appear on California Chrome's blinker hood and the left front of the jockey's silks.[12]
Old 05-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
GH
Moonocababa

Male

GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Horse Racing 2014

Warm ups coming up
Old 05-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #3
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

and they're off!
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #4
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

California Chrome in 3rd
w
\.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #5
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

California Chrome is the winner!
w
\.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
GH
Moonocababa

Male

That was exciting as shit!
Old 05-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #7
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

Can he win the triple crown?
w
\.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Both races were incredible races

now California Chrome has a chance at the Triple Crown
Old 05-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #9
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Gregg View Post
Can he win the triple crown?
hell yes
Old 05-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #10
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Here is his run from the Kentucky Derby

that pull away was great
Old 05-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #11
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

won't win at belmont, but thanks for the free $$$ today chrome
Old 05-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #12
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

two outta three for the "dumb ass partners"
w
\.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #13
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Let see the media circus intensify for a very deserving rider (Victor Espinoza), horse (California Chrome) and the owners.

The horse to win the Triple Crown did it before I was born.
Old 05-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #14
GH
Moonocababa

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
won't win at belmont, but thanks for the free $$$ today chrome

probably not but it would be cool if it happens.

I, for one, will not be a "neigh"-sayer
Old 05-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

I hope he does but I won't bet on it that's for sure. too much history against him
Old 05-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #16
GH
Moonocababa

Male

I just tried to get tickets but the Belmont is sold out (on Ticketmaster).
Old 05-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #17
GH
Moonocababa

Male

There are tickets on stubhub
Old 05-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #18
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
There are tickets on stubhub
not too pricy either. my family went to watch smarty jones when he fell short and haven't been back
Old 05-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #19
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Chrome had to work for that one. Good race.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:41 PM   #20
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

The story after the Preakness on the local news was about how a man was shot blocks from Pimilico (home of Preakness) just 2 hours before the race started.

I can attest that the track is in a really bad area of town...It was funny to watch the transformation this week as I drove by it last week and then again on Thursday of this week.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote