CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Cockypantherfan
ACPhilson
taylorssc
zcockz
PageUSC
KaneisAble
GamecockSuperFan
Roosterboy
DTGCOCKS#32
HBC Weekly Presser (1700)
Thompson Has Neck In (1381)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (787)
Zone Read Analysis w (693)
What fish do you eat (667)
Clowney didnt get ma (657)
4th & 1 Play (597)
Request (348)
So What? (256)
Bad Week For Upstate (238)
HBC Weekly Presser
Zone Read Analysis w/ 201
Just Booked my Hotel for
Thoughts on the basketbal
4th & 1 Play
Mizzou's 30sec touchdown
One player could have cha
Kentucky prediction
Dylan Thompson looks brok
So What?

Old 05-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #221
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: Updated: Diamond DeShields to visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
They all lose money even UConn, but I think with the support being as high as it's ever been they can mitigate those losses. Plus, we have something UConn does not and that's the SEC network.
I guess you could argue they bring in money in other ways and give a free platform to promote our school. I always wonder if it would just make more sense to cut most of the programs that lose money and pay football/basketball players.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #222
Rebel4ever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

DeShields and Cooper. They have to know they can get a degree, win a national title, and go to the WNBA playing here. We're in UConn talent level if Dawn can convince them to be Gamecocks.
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #223
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

It's Sunday. Whole lotta prayin' goin' on!
Sorry to say 'Ain't gonna do the oppo any good.
We gonna dress T'ea and Diamond in G&B.
Hope Geno bade farewell to Natty a few wks ago
'cause he ain't gonna see her for a long long time.

Gonna be two three deep all over. For example:
Sweet T'ea's gonna stir the drink for 10 mins at 110.
Turn to Pebbles, Your turn, girl. Give 'em fits.
Back & forth we go. Ain't no 'I' in us & Gamecock Nation.
Bigs & wings better be ready for snowbirds from Heaven.

Gotta stop & go to church 'cause it's Sunday,
but don't forget about DD on the wing
trying to stiffle that sly grin on her face
waitin' for 'em to pack it in
so she can light it up.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #224
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post
I really hope that they take this visit serious and not just for show.
The interest has to be for real imo. To me it seems like DD and Cooper don't really know where they want to play. If Georgia was better it would probably be there, but it's clear they want to play together, and Diamond seemed really interested in playing with A'ja too.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:07 PM   #225
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
It's Sunday. Whole lotta prayin' goin' on!
Sorry to say 'Ain't gonna do the oppo any good.
We gonna dress T'ea and Diamond in G&B.
Hope Geno bade farewell to Natty a few wks ago
'cause he ain't gonna see her for a long long time.

Gonna be two three deep all over. For example:
Sweet T'ea's gonna stir the drink for 10 mins at 110.
Turn to Pebbles, Your turn, girl. Give 'em fits.
Back & forth we go. Ain't no 'I' in us & Gamecock Nation.
Bigs & wings better be ready for snowbirds from Heaven.

Gotta stop & go to church 'cause it's Sunday,
but don't forget about DD on the wing
trying to stiffle that sly grin on her face
waitin' for 'em to pack it in
so she can light it up.
That's what I'm talkin about. You know it's a party if OldPat is here with the poems.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #226
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
I guess you could argue they bring in money in other ways and give a free platform to promote our school. I always wonder if it would just make more sense to cut most of the programs that lose money and pay football/basketball players.
So cut programs with student athletes who actually use athletics as a means to a college degree but keep and pay barely literate and educated football and basketball players? Sounds kind of counterproductive to the purpose of college athletics.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #227
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
So cut programs with student athletes who actually use athletics as a means to a college degree but keep and pay barely literate and educated football and basketball players? Sounds kind of counterproductive to the purpose of college athletics.
I wouldn't cut any program, especially to pay athletes. Enough money is generated if they really wanted to pay. But the purity/purpose of college athletics left a long time ago.. It's a business, a lucrative one at that..
Old 05-18-2014, 08:41 PM   #228
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

I really can't wait for these two to announce. At first I thought we really had no shot, but in the past week or so I've started to believe that it might be us
Old 05-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #229
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

<p>&lt;p&gt;
Quote:
That's what I'm talkin about. You know it's a party if OldPat is here with the poems.
&lt;/p&gt;</p>

Lol ... You my boy blue
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #230
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>

Lol ... You my boy blue
Um. yeah..
Old 05-18-2014, 09:09 PM   #231
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Um. yeah..
Yeah, every time I edit a post it does that.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #232
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
I wouldn't cut any program, especially to pay athletes. Enough money is generated if they really wanted to pay. But the purity/purpose of college athletics left a long time ago.. It's a business, a lucrative one at that..
Not really, the profits the universities make are invested in the betterment of the schools and the community and the economy. The only reason it seems the "purity is gone" is because some of the players think they are too good at a sport that they should be bothered to open a book and use their brains a little bit.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:12 PM   #233
FearThethumbandDJ
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yep, and a lot of the other sports are rich kids sports such as equestrian. They could afford college easily without a scholarship.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #234
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Yep, and a lot of the other sports are rich kids sports such as equestrian. They could afford college easily without a scholarship.
LOL! How do you know who can afford what? Why is this thread being derailed anyway?
Old 05-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #235
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I don't have the high hopes that they come to USC like others have. I think both end up at UT...
Old 05-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #236
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Not really, the profits the universities make are invested in the betterment of the schools and the community and the economy. The only reason it seems the "purity is gone" is because some of the players think they are too good at a sport that they should be bothered to open a book and use their brains a little bit.
How much of that money does Carolina or the City of Columbia really see? Betterment?? When's the last time Carolina went down on tuition? Ticket prices? Anything, not related to a coaches salary or facility improvement.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #237
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
well spurrier makes 80m for the university each year, most womens basketball programs lose money although i am not certain on ours.
I'm sure they don't make money, but the publicity from having a top, national program is priceless.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #238
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I really can't wait for these two to announce. At first I thought we really had no shot, but in the past week or so I've started to believe that it might be us
I agree; their quotes about our facilities and Dawn's realness really give me hope that they will be Gamecocks. If they do, the UT and UCONN fans will definitely know we are going to be a force to be reckoned with.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #239
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
How much of that money does Carolina or the City of Columbia really see? Betterment?? When's the last time Carolina went down on tuition? Ticket prices? Anything, not related to a coaches salary or facility improvement.
You'd rather have the farmer's market still there and those other run-down buildings we just bought? They didn't build a new greek village and top notch athletic center and the Dodie and they didn't tear down the honeycombs put a new dorm for the honors college? There was no West Quad when I graduated in 2001. It's really nice. There is a lot of construction going on in Assembly and I don't even know what is it. Something is being built next to the Collesium.

And it cost money to keep your students having access to updated technology and if you want to attract better professors you need to open up your budget even more.

USC athletics is the lifeblood of economy in Columbia. So you HAVE put a ton of money to it. And it is worth every single penny. The more money we put into it and the more successful our big money sports are, the money we are going to get from TV Networks deals and the more funding we have for future projects and scholarships and other forms of financial aid, and improving the overall quality of our education.

We are not trying to make things CHEAPER, because Cheaper is not BETTER. And that is their mission, to provide the best education as possible and for that, they needs as much money as possible, and for that, they have pump as much money as is feasible into athletics so that they can get even more money out of it.

However, I digress, because this thread is about Diamond Deshields.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #240
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 698
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

If they both sign and either A. Durr or K. Lambert signs, who starts? Anyone have any lineup ideas?