CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
doubledribble
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
QCB
gadeneer1986
GarnetSwarm1990
So Disappointed With (2495)
Rank the QBs under S (1741)
Back like cooked cra (1368)
Tennessee game (944)
Who start on the d l (700)
No Comments on the H (695)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (222)
Gameday parking in A (157)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Tennessee game
Texas athletic director:
Back like cooked crack
No Comments on the Holes?
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
So Disappointed With The
Which loss hurt worse, Mi

Old 05-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #1
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Wil Crowe

I don't think enough can be said about the freshman's performance this afternoon. This was a crossroad performance by Mr. Crowe. Long and strong, he carried us to the 8th without blinking. Dudes gonna be a monster in his next couple of years, but this afternoon he gave the 2014 edition of the Fighting Gamecocks everything we needed. #It'sAllHappening
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:31 AM   #2
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: Wil Crowe

Plenty to Crowe about, for sure. And we Wil
Old 05-18-2014, 03:33 AM   #3
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Plenty to Crowe about, for sure. And we Wil
Nice.lol

He is a bad man! Looking forward to the future with guys like him.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:59 AM   #4
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
I don't think enough can be said about the freshman's performance this afternoon. This was a crossroad performance by Mr. Crowe. Long and strong, he carried us to the 8th without blinking. Dudes gonna be a monster in his next couple of years, but this afternoon he gave the 2014 edition of the Fighting Gamecocks everything we needed. #It'sAllHappening
this

Old 05-18-2014, 04:01 AM   #5
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Serious question. If all three starters return next year (I obviously could be wrong but I think Monty will stay) would you move Crowe to Friday nights? Or do you like him in the Sunday role still?
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:24 AM   #6
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Nice.lol
Thanks - I was disappointed to learn that Wynkoop's name is prounounced "WINE-koop"; "WIN-koop" would have been another awesome name for a Gamecock player
Old 05-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

It's been a long season and my memory isn't what it used to be, but I believe that was Wil's finest performance in the conference or perhaps the season. No walks or HBP's, 9 K's and 2 earned runs on 4 hits. Pretty sharp right when we needed him to be...
Old 05-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #8
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Straight up dominance by Wil. The future holds great things for this young man. 9 k's and NO walks! Are you kidding me? Against Vandy when the series was on the line. Wil is the man, plain and simple folks.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #9
cockybusiness2
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 461300
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Winners want the ball when it is on the line. Will seems like that type of player
cockybusiness2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #10
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

For some strange reason (?) Crowe seems to have his best performances against teams from the state of Tennessee. If my memory serves me right he was outstanding against UT in his start against them.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:31 PM   #11
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Stud.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #12
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

That reminded me of the coming out party for J-Mont.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #13
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Serious question. If all three starters return next year (I obviously could be wrong but I think Monty will stay) would you move Crowe to Friday nights? Or do you like him in the Sunday role still?

It seems like the coaches do not move the weekend rotation guys around unless there is an injury or someone leaves the program. As long as J-mo, Koop and Crowe are all here, I bet it'll stay the same order.

Now - that said, if Monty were to leave, I could see Holbrook moving Crowe up to Friday and leaving Koop at Saturday.
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #14
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

He reminds me of that big Nebraska farm boy pitcher that goes up against robert redford in "The Natural"...
Old 05-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #15
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
If all three come back I wouldnt touch the rotation, unless one of the three just has an unreal fall and is unhittable. Its a "If it aint broke dont fix it" kinda deal. And I still think even if Monty leaves Friday night goes to Wynkoop. Koop has been the most consistent starter this season in my opinion, just hasnt gotten the run support. But like I said that all could change based on the up coming fall practices. Koop has more experience and thats one of the things you look for in an ideal friday night starter .
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:53 AM   #16
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Well personally id move wil to the saturday start to give yourself L-R-L

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:44 AM   #17
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

I'm glad this Tennessee boy decided to be a Gamecock. Bright future ahead for him.
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote