CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
smoovecock
GregoryHouse
rosstheboss
markymark550
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
robgusc76
M.C.
2014 Charleston Clas (3022)
The Defense (1916)
**USC Women vs. San (1895)
Spurrier on Pharoah: (1541)
Women's soccer Sweet (1534)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (1091)
USC/clemson spread (801)
In case no one saw.. (742)
injury report? (670)
Your favorite Greate (457)
Texans getting frustrated
The Defense
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
Question about after the
**USC Women vs. San Diego
2014 Charleston Classic:
Tiger Burn
A little late to the conv
What Are Your Win/Loss Ex
Odell Becham Catch

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Austin Clark - Virginia Tech

Offensive Lineman from Lexington, Virginia

USC offer.

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Austin Clark

Quote:
Clark has a great frame. He measured in at 6-foot-5.5, 271 pounds and displayed excellent footwork and body quickness during the drills and won more than his share of one-on-ones. Tennessee, South Carolina, Penn State, Ohio State, Virginia, Virginia Tech and others all are in the mix with the Vols in the best shape at this stage. He visited Columbia on Friday and heads to Columbus next weekend. Clark is definitely a stock up prospect.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/North-C...ke-Camp-185626

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-04-2014, 01:10 AM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Clemson and USC have offered OL Austin Clark (6-6 295) of Lexington, VA. Clark has already attended a junior day at Clemson and plans to attend a junior day at USC March 29th. His first visit to the Palmetto State was an excellent one.
“I had a great time down there,” Clark said. “It went really well. I got to see the whole campus and seeing Death Valley for the first time was really cool. The coaches are telling me they really want me to come there and that I am exactly wheat they’re looking for-an athletic lineman. I can’t wait to get back down there for a game.” The Gamecocks have a little more time to build a relationship with Clark. “I’ve been talking to them for a while now,” he said. “I talk to coach (Shawn) Elliott a lot on Facebook. He’s telling me that I am at the top of their list and that’s really good to hear. I can’t wait to get down there and experience it for the first time.”
Clark has also attended junior days at Virginia Tech and Tennessee and heads to Virginia this weekend. He plans to narrow his list to “five or six in the next month or so” and added that USC and Clemson have a good chance of making that list. Clark’s offers include Clemson, USC, Penn State, Ohio State, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech, North Carolina, Duke, Maryland, Temple, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Rutgers and Vanderbilt. He does not have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...nsive-lineman/

Quote:
OL Austin Clark (6-6 295) was at USC Friday to watch spring practice. He was at Clemson’s junior day in early February. Right now both schools have a shot to make his short list when he gets down to 6-7 schools in a month.
“South Carolina definitely will make it and Clemson is almost certain,” Clark said. “I had a great visit (at USC), a really good time. I hung out with coach Adams and coach Elliott and talked to coach Spurrier. They are high on my list. Coach Elliott coaches guys hard but he knows what he’s doing. I think he’s a great coach. I spent the whole day with him and he showed me around.”
Clark has equally positive feelings for Clemson based on his earlier visit. “Clemson is a great place. It was really cool meeting coach Caldwell in person. He’s a really cool guy and a great coach. Everything they are building caught my attention plus their need for offensive tackles.”
Clark has also been to Tennessee and Virginia Tech and he’s going to Ohio State this coming weekend. He will graduate early so he plans to decide before the season.
He has 16 offers total. The others are Tennessee, Penn State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Miami, North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, Maryland, West Virginia, Rutgers, Temple and Vanderbilt.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...on-likes-both/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-04-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
OL Austin Clark of Lexington, VA has seen his offer list grow to more than 15 and Thursday he plans to reveal on Twitter his final seven list. Clemson and USC are among his offers and have been active with Clark in recent days.
“I talked to (Clemson recruiter) coach Caldwell on Twitter and Facebook and (USC recruiter) and coach Elliott was by the school the other day,” Clark said. “I didn’t talk to him but I did talk to him on Twitter. Both of them remain very interested. I’m really high on their boards and they would like to have me.”
Clark visited USC for a spring practice session. He was at Virginia Tech last week and he’s also been to Ohio State. Recruiters from Miami and Virginia are coming in this week to see him. He also has offers from Tennessee, Penn State, North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, Maryland, Temple, Rutgers, West Virginia and Vanderbilt.
“I pretty much know who the seven are going to be,” Clark said. “The main thing I was able to think about was how I feel not just around the coaches and the football side of thing but also more of the school side of things like class size, majors and professors.”
Clark plans to release his information via Twitter sometime Thursday afternoon.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...a-final-seven/

Old 05-16-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Bump.

Per Rivals, us, Ohio State, Tennessee, and VT stand out right now.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #6
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Announcing June 12th. Visiting here May 31st.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:02 PM   #7
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

All 7 CB are UT. An OSU analyst just switched his prediction a couple of days ago from Tech to UT. Maybe we can steal him with a good visit. Not many kids from that area have ever picked us.

I'll be happy with a OL class of Sandifer, McGirt, Palmer, Hatton, Bailey and Milton.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
All 7 CB are UT. An OSU analyst just switched his prediction a couple of days ago from Tech to UT. Maybe we can steal him with a good visit. Not many kids from that area have ever picked us.

I'll be happy with a OL class of Sandifer, McGirt, Palmer, Hatton, Bailey and Milton.
Toss Bailey in there too. He's listed as a guard though and we need more than two OT's.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Toss Bailey in there too. He's listed as a guard though and we need more than two OT's.
I realized I forgot Bailey. We have a shot at OT Jalen Merrick....although a small shot.
His offer list is a who's who of top schools.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Learned a long time ago not to read too much into timelines, etc. But when a prospect says he's going to announce in 3 weeks, (when he's got 7 more mos to decide) he's likely already made up his mind. Visiting us on May 31st doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Hope I'm wrong. If he's an OT at the next level, we've certainly got a good opportunity to sell.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #11
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Learned a long time ago not to read too much into timelines, etc. But when a prospect says he's going to announce in 3 weeks, (when he's got 7 more mos to decide) he's likely already made up his mind. Visiting us on May 31st doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Hope I'm wrong. If he's an OT at the next level, we've certainly got a good opportunity to sell.
Pretty much. He knows where he's going, otherwise he wouldn't have set a date. CB is 100% UT, so it's probably going to take a whole hell of a lot to change his mind.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #12
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

He may not be a take for Tenn according to the insider at Vols24/7
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 05-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #13
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
If he's not that makes things interesting, but I won't get my hopes up until it's confirmed.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:54 AM   #14
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
If that's the case, I think he picks Tech....of course maybe that's why he's taking visits because he knows he's not a take for UT.....but why already say when you're going to announce.....something doesn't add up.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:03 AM   #15
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If that's the case, I think he picks Tech....of course maybe that's why he's taking visits because he knows he's not a take for UT.....but why already say when you're going to announce.....something doesn't add up.
Some players just want to end their recruitment by a certain date so it doesn't interfere with their senior season. If he isn't a take for UT he is going to come here to assess if he wants to go to VT or us. Even if he is a take for UT we have a chance to steal him away.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #16
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

More info from VQ Mods

Quote:
I think the biggest thing with Clark, after seeing him multiple times, is just what is he?

He's not a left tackle in college, and I really wonder if he's a right tackle either. So, that leaves him at guard and I think he has potential there but Tennessee, in a limited scholarship year, really needs some tackle bodies.

The more I see and watch Dylan Jackson's development the more I think he has a really good shot at sticking on the d-line and growing into a 6-6, 270-pound defensive end. I think that means they need to really connect on another tackle for sure if not two more.

I'm sure Tennessee wants to take five offensive linemen after only signing three last year.

Quote:
I just want to clarify that I'm not saying he's not a take or anything like that, just saying I think it will be interesting how this will play out and I don't think it's a done deal or anything like that that some people think it is.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #17
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Chris Clark ‏@GCChrisClark 3m
So @rivalsmike says he would guess #Gamecocks right now for 4-star OL Austin Clark. Interesting.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #18
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Vols lead for potential 5* OT Drew Richmond. If we are really only going for true tackles, since we already have a couple G prospects committed, then we may have moved on.

Our staff is taking some big risks with this class waiting for the top end prospects and very specific fits only.

It could pay off big time, but if we have a rough year we may wish we had some of these other guys already in the fold.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #19
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Vols lead for potential 5* OT Drew Richmond. If we are really only going for true tackles, since we already have a couple G prospects committed, then we may have moved on.

Our staff is taking some big risks with this class waiting for the top end prospects and very specific fits only.

It could pay off big time, but if we have a rough year we may wish we had some of these other guys already in the fold.
I think you are in for another rough season, but it should be another stellar recruiting class
Old 05-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #20
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
I think you are in for another rough season, but it should be another stellar recruiting class
Maybe, depends on how rough. 6-6 would be big for our program.
Closed Thread