CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JulesWinnfield90
black_magic85
rolinb1
trapper82
robgusc76
TigerSpectator
2000grad
BlueHerons
Cockypantherfan
cockybreeyan
TJ Holloman (2231)
Clemson RB Out for Y (1155)
TAMU Starting CB Out (975)
They are coming to y (885)
Clowney possibly hur (781)
2013 game vs TN is o (779)
Hard Knocks this wee (622)
This helmit is aweso (566)
Your SEC Standings P (560)
Our players and the (550)
Our players and the way t
Your SEC Standings Predic
TAMU Starting CB Out For
Clowney possibly hurt
Connor Shaw Browns
100 Best Restaurants in t
2013 game vs TN is on SEC
TJ Holloman
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Preparing for the smash r

Old 05-18-2014, 10:22 PM   #241
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Updated: Diamond DeShields to visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
If they both sign and either A. Durr or K. Lambert signs, who starts? Anyone have any lineup ideas?
Ha! Funny! Cooper or Lambert or Durr. They aren't going to be playing together. not when we already have Cuevas.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #242
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 356
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Ha! Funny! Cooper or Lambert or Durr. They aren't going to be playing together. not when we already have Cuevas.
I think we have a legit shot with Lambert and Durr.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #243
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
I think we have a legit shot with Lambert and Durr.
Probably Durr, only because she can play the two. And Mitchell would be a senior when they both got here. I think if Cooper comes Lambert is probably out of the picture. Sadly, there's a part to this no one else is speaking on and that is the real threat of transfers.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #244
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
If they both sign and either A. Durr or K. Lambert signs, who starts? Anyone have any lineup ideas?
But to answer your question. Since this lineup would be so talented Dawn may have to swap out five at a time like in AAU. Which makes sense fresh bodies. fast pace, with a high talent level on the floor at all times. Other teams won't be built like this except a few.

Here's my first five assuming everything goes as planned for 2015.
Mitchell-PG (she's a senior here)
Deshields-SG
Wilson-SF
White-PF
Coates-C
Old 05-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #245
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
Probably Durr, only because she can play the two. And Mitchell would be a senior when they both got here. I think if Cooper comes Lambert is probably out of the picture. Sadly, there's a part to this no one else is speaking on and that is the real threat of transfers.
I would think we'd be in better shape with Lambert than either of the other two.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #246
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
I don't see anyone in the frontcourt leaving. The backcourt will be fighting for minutes though.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #247
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
You'd rather have the farmer's market still there and those other run-down buildings we just bought? They didn't build a new greek village and top notch athletic center and the Dodie and they didn't tear down the honeycombs put a new dorm for the honors college? There was no West Quad when I graduated in 2001. It's really nice. There is a lot of construction going on in Assembly and I don't even know what is it. Something is being built next to the Collesium.

And it cost money to keep your students having access to updated technology and if you want to attract better professors you need to open up your budget even more.

USC athletics is the lifeblood of economy in Columbia. So you HAVE put a ton of money to it. And it is worth every single penny. The more money we put into it and the more successful our big money sports are, the money we are going to get from TV Networks deals and the more funding we have for future projects and scholarships and other forms of financial aid, and improving the overall quality of our education.

We are not trying to make things CHEAPER, because Cheaper is not BETTER. And that is their mission, to provide the best education as possible and for that, they needs as much money as possible, and for that, they have pump as much money as is feasible into athletics so that they can get even more money out of it.

However, I digress, because this thread is about Diamond Deshields.
We'll just digress then... I'd rather be happy about the possiblities for our Women's BBall team anyway.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #248
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
I would think we'd be in better shape with Lambert than either of the other two.
Even though Cooper is here and Lambert is not?
Old 05-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #249
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Even though Cooper is here and Lambert is not?
I would say yeah, because common opinion is that Cooper is a heavy Tennessee lean eventhough she is visiting us. While Lambert says she wants to major in International Business and looking at her list you have some teams that are either down like Ohio State and some teams that are losing a lot of talent and probably on their way down like Duke and Stanford, and the other team is Colorado.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #250
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
I would say yeah, because common opinion is that Cooper is a heavy Tennessee lean even though she is visiting us. While Lambert says she wants to major in International Business and looking at her list you have some teams that are either down like Ohio State and some teams that are losing a lot of talent and probably on their way down like Duke and Stanford, and the other team is Colorado.
We've always been in consideration for Cooper, yeah I know the Vol fans feel as if she is a lock. I just don't see it. What would make her jump on at the last minute to go on an unofficial visit with Diamond(in which they pay for)when she already knows where she is going? Why is it in our paper if it's just a visit? Why are they tweeting, just to piss us off when they say Tennessee? I think someone feels something. Just my gut. As far as Lambert goes, hey the early bird gets the worm.

Last edited by CockyGuy; 05-18-2014 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a line
CockyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #251
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

Do they have a decision date?
Old 05-18-2014, 11:31 PM   #252
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
Do they have a decision date?
I'm not sure about Cooper, since she's a junior in high school. She does have a true-life special on MTV this summer. There's some debate on whether she picked a school or not.

But it's being reported that Deshields wants to attend summer school, wherever she goes so she will commit sooner rather than later. And I honestly think she wants to get this nightmare over ASAP.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #253
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
We've always been in consideration for Cooper, yeah I know the Vol fans feel as if she is a lock. I just don't see it. What would make her jump on at the last minute to go on an unofficial visit with Diamond(in which they pay for)when she already knows where she is going? Why is it in our paper if it's just a visit? Why are they tweeting, just to piss us off when they say Tennessee? I think someone feels something. Just my gut. As far as Lambert goes, hey the early bird gets the worm.
I don't think Cooper is a lock, I just have no reason to doubt that she is or was or is no longer leaning UT. We could get her. All three are dynamite PGs.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #254
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
I don't think Cooper is a lock, I just have no reason to doubt that she is or was or is no longer leaning UT. We could get her. All three are dynamite PGs.
*Side Note* She's a HUGE Lakeisha Sutton fan
Old 05-19-2014, 12:07 AM   #255
meesh982000
Walk On

Female

meesh982000 is learning to peck

Deshields comment about her next program:

DeShields just turned 19 last March. Looking back at the 17-year-old that committed to North Carolina in 2012, DeShields realized she emphasized the wrong things. This was her answer when asked what she learned from that process.
“The most important thing that I have learned is that I think it has more to do with relationships, being able to speak and be heard and be listened to,” DeShields said. “I just think that it’s going to be really important the relationship that I have with every coach and every player at whatever college I decide to go to.
“Because these are the people that you spend most of your day with, and I think relationships are going to be very important to me and comfort. I am not saying I did not have that at North Carolina, but that is what is going to be really important for me at this point.
“Not the gear. The shoes. The locker room. That stuff doesn’t matter to me anymore. I don’t want people telling me that I can be Michael Jordan. I want what’s real.
“I want what can’t be touched. I want what’s not tangible. I want emotion. I want love and happiness and all of those things that can’t be touched.”
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:25 AM   #256
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post

DeShields just turned 19 last March. Looking back at the 17-year-old that committed to North Carolina in 2012, DeShields realized she emphasized the wrong things. This was her answer when asked what she learned from that process.
“The most important thing that I have learned is that I think it has more to do with relationships, being able to speak and be heard and be listened to,” DeShields said. “I just think that it’s going to be really important the relationship that I have with every coach and every player at whatever college I decide to go to.
“Because these are the people that you spend most of your day with, and I think relationships are going to be very important to me and comfort. I am not saying I did not have that at North Carolina, but that is what is going to be really important for me at this point.
“Not the gear. The shoes. The locker room. That stuff doesn’t matter to me anymore. I don’t want people telling me that I can be Michael Jordan. I want what’s real.
“I want what can’t be touched. I want what’s not tangible. I want emotion. I want love and happiness and all of those things that can’t be touched.”
That's pretty cool. The friendships you make in college are typically for the long haul.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:29 AM   #257
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

According to Diamond's Twitter our coaches went to see a movie with her and her family and Diamond picked the Neighbors.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:55 AM   #258
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post

This sounds like she wants to have a bunch of friends on the team. Makes sense I suppose. Maybe they were not a tight group up in tarhole country.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #259
meesh982000
Walk On

Female

meesh982000 is learning to peck

It seems to me like a whole lot of people are not happy with her visiting us.
http://twitter.com/DDeShields23/stat...41651400720384
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #260
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudlyscfastpitch is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
:

This sounds like she wants to have a bunch of friends on the team. Makes sense I suppose. Maybe they were not a tight group up in tarhole country.
I've seen some messageboard talk that McDaniel was a little jealous of all the attention to DeShields .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote