CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
snruter amabon
b381l
wumarshall82
Spur's Addiction
U-Dub Gamecock
HeadCockFan
Yearofthegamecock
Cockyteg
Take-a-Knee
Can it get any bette (1157)
Auburn Stealing Sign (1066)
Funny Golf Story Abo (928)
Defense Tackles (809)
I used to like bush (787)
Boo This Man... (703)
georgia rewind... (672)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (402)
Stay focus (331)
Doniyah Cliney to si (259)
Stadium improvement idea
uniforms saturday
Good crowd for volleyball
Winston
**official Vandy predicti
Doniyah Cliney to sit out
Can it get any better!
Where to Watch the Game i
2016 - Collin Hill
Boo This Man...

Old 05-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #281
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material
Default Re: Updated: Diamond DeShields to visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
There are few things guaranteed in sports.

Then why do you post negativity with such certainty? And yes, your posts in this thread are littered with negative speculations.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #282
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Pilgrim View Post
Then why do you post negativity with such certainty? And yes, your posts in this thread are littered with negative speculations.
It's his MO.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:49 PM   #283
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
It's his MO.

Agreed. Just trying to help him realize his own contradiction.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #284
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Diamond is good, but she is not Jordan or Kobe level. You are forgetting that she's going to be sitting out next year. In that time other players are going to betting used to having the ball in her hands. Go to players are going to emerge. She's going to have to be able to share the ball with them. It's an issue, it may not have an actual negative effect when the time comes, but it is something that needs to be thought about. If Dawn wants her to share the ball more, she is going to share it or get benched. Dawn is running the show, Diamond won't be just because she think she is Jordan, Diamond will have to play the way Dawn wants her to. If Diamond has a problem take orders she is probably not going to be "happy" here or anywhere or anytime for her life, because we all have someone telling us what to do and how to do things. That is how life is. So we'll just have to see is she can develop a team mentality and not be so demanding about how she is being coached.
I am assuming you are not 19 anymore and God forbid a 19 year old make a bad decision. I trust Dawn can build our team (as she has proved) and there is nothing positive from this speculation.

This is nothing but gossip and a quasi accusation that our coaching staff can't field a team that plays well together. You should stop talking about a college student like you know them personally, it is not flattering.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #285
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
I think the acc sucks in general! So who did Ringer have a problem with at Carolina since he is transferring? Who did Bone have a problem with at South Carolina when she transferred since you assume transferring means you have a problem with someone? Every player that plays at South Carolina is going to have to accept Dawn's coaching? She she should go to the place she feels comfortable and she decides to go to if that is USC I have no doubt she will excel!
Well if she isn't comfortable accepting coaching, than I'm going to have to agree with those that said I would rather not want her here. When Kelsey Bone left we were a bad team. UNC just had a historic recruiting class, went to the Elite 8, beat us twice. The ACC has ND Maryland and Duke too. NC State isn't bad either. They are probably the best conference in WBB especially now that Louisville is joining.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #286
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd803 View Post
I am assuming you are not 19 anymore and God forbid a 19 year old make a bad decision. I trust Dawn can build our team (as she has proved) and there is nothing positive from this speculation.

This is nothing but gossip and a quasi accusation that our coaching staff can't field a team that plays well together. You should stop talking about a college student like you know them personally, it is not flattering.
I don't have to know someone personally to know some things about them because they show who they are bits and pieces at a time with how they behave. I am all for take on Diamond to Deshields, but to pretend she doesn't have some red flags is asinine. You accept that and say we can make Diamond a better player.

I think everyone is assuming that reason she was unhappy was not HER fault. When someone is not happy is usually IS their own fault. She had many reasons to be happy at UNC and very few not to be. That's a red flag.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #287
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well if she isn't comfortable accepting coaching, than I'm going to have to agree with those that said I would rather not want her here. When Kelsey Bone left we were a bad team. UNC just had a historic recruiting class, went to the Elite 8, beat us twice. The ACC has ND Maryland and Duke too. NC State isn't bad either. They are probably the best conference in WBB especially now that Louisville is joining.
Even more ludicrous, they have 3 national titles in the history of woman's basketball, notre dame and louisville bring in more titles then the rest of the conference combined and all of them combined are 1 more than ten! So Bone left because we were a bad team not because she did not get along with someone? Have you spoken to Diamond? I have spoken to a few people in the know in north Carolina athletics and none have speculated or assumed a thing, they do not know why she decided to transfer and tell me she was a delight to have in the program!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #288
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell

Unless someone here is friends or family with Diamond, none of us really know about her situation. From the little bit I have seen, it seems like the coaching staff at UNC was surprised that she wanted to leave, that they *didn't* want her to leave, so I don't get the sense that she was giving the coaching staff a difficult time while she was there. Everything that she and her mom have said about leaving UNC has been about how she was not getting the "whole" experience there, which I take to mean that she was missing her friends (and family). (I'm hoping our proximity to Georgia works in our favor.) She's made it clear that she wants to play with T'ea Cooper. (I'm a little surprised that T'ea came to visit too, because some people think she is a TN lock, but I don't fault the 'gal pals' for wanting to find a good situation where they can play together. BTW, isn't that a photo of the two of them together on T'ea's twitter feed?) I echo the others on this thread who said that Dawn would not have brought her in for a visit if she was concerned about coaching her, and I would definitely have the "problem" of having too much talent rather than too little.
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #289
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Why does everyone assume she had issues ? Maybe the coach at UNC had issues...maybe her teammates had issues. Leaving a program is a red flag ?....at 17 that is normal. I didn't know who or what I wanted at 17 and most don't. This is overkill on this thread. I would trust the coaches...hope things work out and get on with it. This girl didn't like the situation she was in and decided to leave. That sounds like good sound decision making to me. I would NEVER suggest anyone (including any player at South Carolina) stick it out if they are not happy. People that question every little thing about someone else has major problems of their own they need to deal with. I hope she finds a place to be happy and Dawn could make that possible.....or not.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #290
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't have to know someone personally to know some things about them because they show who they are bits and pieces at a time with how they behave. I am all for take on Diamond to Deshields, but to pretend she doesn't have some red flags is asinine. You accept that and say we can make Diamond a better player.

I think everyone is assuming that reason she was unhappy was not HER fault. When someone is not happy is usually IS their own fault. She had many reasons to be happy at UNC and very few not to be. That's a red flag.
Your writing, grammar, spelling, typing is a red flag you have issues. She only needs one reason to be at a college, she wants to be and she decided she does not want to be at north Carolina and that is all YOU know!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #291
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Your writing, grammar, spelling, typing is a red flag you have issues. She only needs one reason to be at a college, she wants to be and she decided she does not want to be at north Carolina and that is all YOU know!
ha.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #292
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Well I was checking on this thread for legitimate updates on her status, but since it has been taken over by certain personalities who prefer pontificate on their speculations over and over again I will be taking a hiatus and just trying to find my information on other sources.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #293
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
How many times have already said I had a bad opinion about her attitude BEFORE it got out she was going to transfer? You must have not have watched her very much this year. Did you see her in a lot of other games that weren't against USC? She acts a damn fool some times. This is know about her. She doesn't shy away from the spotlight or controversy, she invites it.

Anyways, I have seen enough of her that I am entitled to my opinion of her. That opinion is she is a great player, would love to have her, but she needs to grow up. I am not down with using youth as an excuse for poor behavior. Maybe youth makes it forgivable but it doesn't make poor behavior acceptable. So everyone needs to stop bringing up her age. She was 18 she's not 10. She's old enough to show a little more class.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #294
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Well I was checking on this thread for legitimate updates on her status, but since it has been taken over by certain personalities who prefer pontificate on their speculations over and over again I will be taking a hiatus and just trying to find my information on other sources.
Judging by her Twitter account, I think the picture is becoming clearer.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #295
jellafever
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

She should just go ahead and take her talents to the WNBA. Who needs a college education with those paychecks from WNBA???
jellafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:37 PM   #296
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Anyways, I have seen enough of her that I am entitled to my opinion of her. That opinion is she is a great player, would love to have her, but she needs to grow up.
That's legit, Read. Speaking for myself, I've only seen her in that one game where she spanked us, and I thought she was impressive on the court.

Is there anything you have seen about her that would make you doubt Coach Staley's ability to handle her? I don't think coach is the type to back down (though she seems to have the players interests' at heart). Obviously, the homesick Kelsey Bone didn't like having her tailbone kicked by Coach S.

Last edited by TaiwanCock; 05-19-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: *
Old 05-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #297
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
Is she a journalism major? Looks like the dean of our J-school met her and sent her a tweet.
Old 05-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #298
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
not sure i understand the clarity you are seeming from her tweets. care to clarify?
Old 05-19-2014, 03:48 PM   #299
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanCock View Post
Is she a journalism major? Looks like the dean of our J-school met her and sent her a tweet.
damn it. I don't think that is allowed, is it?
Old 05-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #300
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
damn it. I don't think that is allowed, is it?
She is a transfer so it will play out different.