CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
5lbYardcock
18IsTheMan
The Yancey
GH
conwaycock2
StormOfTalons
b381l
ecugrad
Carolina opens -15.5 (2693)
What changes can and (2270)
Gamecock football Lo (2011)
Shaw: Check Out This (1858)
Mike Davis "dou (1650)
Gamecocks claimed an (1372)
Tanner McEvoy should (1312)
Gamecocks D staff re (1032)
who thinks we need a (960)
The Demise of the 3- (797)
Do we have any shot again
Who else wants to see Con
Why didn't Wes Green play
What changes can and will
What's your take on our a
Recruiting Question
Carolina opens -15.5
Gamecocks D staff reveal
SOS Teleconference
Gamecocks in the Majors/M

Old 05-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #321
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Updated: Diamond DeShields to visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I'm not an angel, either and you probably aren't, as well.
Yeah, but Diamond is probably a lot more strong willed than either of us. She is honestly the cockiest person I can think off the top of my head, cockier than Manziel imo.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #322
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Yeah, but Diamond is probably a lot more strong willed than either of us. She is honestly the cockiest person I can think off the top of my head, cockier than Manziel imo.
LOL, you don't know me very well then.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #323
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't think her attitude has been good in the recent past, and if you or any don't like that I don't like her attitude, I don't care. I'm still saying it. And that is the majority opinion. I never said she's uncoachable, all I ever said there is question of whether she wants to actually be coached. The exact same thing was said by many of the experts on who cover WBB on ESPN. I'm not going to pretend for the benefit of your state of mind that I am not able to read between the lines and you don't like that. Sorry bud.
It is not the majority decision on here and I have yet to find an article that even hints at what you are saying, cool you have an opinion but to say things like she is the cockiest person you can think of off the top of your head, or cut hairs and say she does not want to be coached-almost the definition of uncoachable, or say she left because she could not get along with others, or she will not be able to take her ball and go home something she did not do! She in fact had a great season so the north Carolina coach had no problem coaching her, her teammates and coaches she left have not said one negative thing about her to my knowledge but your opinion is what it is so say it like that. Sorry bud but it is a red flag to have such a strong opinion about a 19 year old young lady who has done nothing but leave her choice of college after one year, have you coached her? Have you met her? Ever had a conversation with her?
qcgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #324
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Pillow fight on aisle five.

I like the ignore feature, but too many people linking other posters makes it difficult to do that very thing.

How about getting back to posting concrete information on the recruit instead of speculative projections of posters opinions of someone they have never met?

In Coach Staley wants one or both of these young ladies and thinks they will be good for the team on and off the court and that she will be up to keeping things running smoothly, then that is all that matters.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #325
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

The resident basketball fool making the forum unreadable again.

Deshields would be a great addition without a doubt and she has said that a decision would follow shortly after this this visit
Old 05-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #326
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
Pillow fight on aisle five.

I like the ignore feature, but too many people linking other posters makes it difficult to do that very thing.

How about getting back to posting concrete information on the recruit instead of speculative projections of posters opinions of someone they have never met?

In Coach Staley wants one or both of these young ladies and thinks they will be good for the team on and off the court and that she will be up to keeping things running smoothly, then that is all that matters.
Agree, apologize for the rant and look forward to getting an update that she wants to be a GAMECOCK!
qcgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #327
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Trap, wait for me. Guess the crazy season is here.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #328
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 256
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

How many scholarships are available? I'm hearing 3 for next year
Old 05-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #329
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
How many scholarships are available? I'm hearing 3 for next year
We have 1 still available for 2014-15 and will have 3 more for '15-'16.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:52 PM   #330
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
We have 1 still available for 2014-15 and will have 3 more for '15-'16.
OK. I've wondered about this. I've heard 3 and I've heard 4. I know of Muffin, Ibiam, and Gaines. Is the fourth (possibly Shelbretta)? Or will she still have a year left?
Old 05-19-2014, 11:36 PM   #331
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
It is not the majority decision on here and I have yet to find an article that even hints at what you are saying, cool you have an opinion but to say things like she is the cockiest person you can think of off the top of your head, or cut hairs and say she does not want to be coached-almost the definition of uncoachable, or say she left because she could not get along with others, or she will not be able to take her ball and go home something she did not do! She in fact had a great season so the north Carolina coach had no problem coaching her, her teammates and coaches she left have not said one negative thing about her to my knowledge but your opinion is what it is so say it like that. Sorry bud but it is a red flag to have such a strong opinion about a 19 year old young lady who has done nothing but leave her choice of college after one year, have you coached her? Have you met her? Ever had a conversation with her?
I have never personally known anyone who has portrayed themselves cockier than she has, and I have never seen anyone I don't know to have portray themselves as that cocky. Maybe some rappers and rock stars.

You need to stop only comprehending want you want to when you read my posts or just stop reading them. I didn't say she was uncoachable dude. I didn't even say she doesn't want to be coached. I said THERE IS A QUESTION of whether she wants to be coached and that question was NOT raised by ME.

A lot of the experts were saying this. Debbie Antonelli said she didn't think she could handle the discipline of Dawny Staley, and I think it was Vopel who wrote something like "It was like going to a professor and asking her to give her a passing grade without actually teaching her anything," in response to Diamond saying something about wanting to play for a coach that is going to "let her play."

Listen, she is cocky as heck. I still like her. I still want her in Garnet and Black. I think she is good person deep down. She NEEDS discipline, somewhere deep down in her conscience she knows that that she does if she is going to be the best player she can be and the best person, I think she NEEDS to play for Dawn Staley. But it's not going to be easy for Dawn and its REALLY not going to be EASY for Diamond. But that is okay, but the best things to accomplish are NEVER EASY.

So just chill out and back off and let it play out. Your whining about things you don't like about what other people say is pathetic considering I am far from them only one saying these things.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #332
scfastpitch
Blue Chip

Male

scfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPitscfastpitch rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
OK. I've wondered about this. I've heard 3 and I've heard 4. I know of Muffin, Ibiam, and Gaines. Is the fourth (possibly Shelbretta)? Or will she still have a year left?
Shelbretta is on medical scholarship now . No longer on basketball scholly .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #333
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

Quote:
We only had 10 on scholarship in 2013-14 and one graduated. We currently have 5 signees - Wilson, White, Duckett, Cuevas and Cliney = 1 available. 3 more graduate in 2015.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #334
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Unfortunately I think her basketball PLAYING career is over. We have one spot open for 2014 and 3 spots open up in 2015 . 1+3 =4 by 2015.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #335
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
You want links here. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...lina-tar-heels Read the comments. Read what people think of her. This doesn't come from nothing. There is a REASON for them.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #336
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
You want links here. http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...lina-tar-heels Read the comments. Read what people think of her. This doesn't come from nothing. There is a REASON for them.
these comments are from people at the school she just abruptly left.....if that happened to us, there would be a bunch of people pissed off about it.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #337
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

OOOO! I love this comment: Alison Moore Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Te'a Copper adding to the rumors by tweeting, "so me and diamond a package deal???" <smh> I would hate to be the coach that got those two egos as a package deal, talent or not!

That one is quoting T'ea Cooper herself. That is okay though DAWN IS the coach that can handle those two egos I beleive.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:05 AM   #338
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
We only had 10 on scholarship in 2013-14 and one graduated. We currently have 5 signees - Wilson, White, Duckett, Cuevas and Cliney = 1 available. 3 more graduate in 2015.
Does that extra 1 available come from Shakayla Thomas?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #339
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
these comments are from people at the school she just abruptly left.....if that happened to us, there would be a bunch of people pissed off about it.
So there are all pure BS and spectulation and there is one grain of truth to them at all? Are you making that stand? Are signing your name to that belief?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:06 AM   #340
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

Quote:
OOOO! I love this comment: Alison Moore Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Te'a Copper adding to the rumors by tweeting, "so me and diamond a package deal???" <smh> I would hate to be the coach that got those two egos as a package deal, talent or not!

That one is quoting T'ea Cooper herself. That is okay though DAWN IS the coach that can handle those two egos I beleive.
Give it a rest.