CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
Outland
taylorssc
B-G
gadeneer1986
Latt7more
ReadR00ster
b381l
CoverTwo
Why is everyone anti (1195)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Rest of the season p (1097)
Incoming Class (1074)
Just thought of some (900)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (758)
Tennessee kickoff an (742)
Let us clarify some (740)
Miss St. defense (618)
Is Clowney back toni (601)
How did we not make it.
Our Road Upset Wins
Thoughts on the basketbal
World of Warcraft, CSGO,
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp
No easy road for our offe
Garber vs Klinsmann round

Old 12-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #21
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Dupree Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
does this kid have d-1 talent?
Define d-1 talent.

If the coaches want him, yes.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #22
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

do the coaches want him? that's not how i'd define it, though, seeing as our coaches don't "want" a lot of kids that go to several d-1 schools. I'd say a kid with a three star rating is a solid d-1 player. even though i hate to play the star game, the services are good at recognizing kids that at least have the talent to play at the next level
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #23
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

Did anyone see his performance in the state title game
Awesome game

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #24
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACXIMVS View Post
Did anyone see his performance in the state title game
Awesome game
Yes, I did. I posted on it one page back. I saw him make plays other wrs might not make. I realize this is only hs, but it was at the top level in SC, and Mason Rudolf gets his stats because of Dupree. He is one exciting player.

This is Kornblut's writeup on recruiting interest in him:

Quote:
Interest is rising in junior WR Dupree Hart (5-7 170) of Northwestern. Hart put on a show in the state championship game with 21 catches. He finished the season with 114 catches for 1645 yards and 26 touchdowns. “He's the best I've ever coached,” said Northwestern coach Kyle Richardson. "Everybody that's come in to recruit (Mason) Rudolph are very interested, but they are a little scared of his size.” Richardson said USC, Virginia Tech and Pittsburgh are the most recent schools to express interest in Hart. LSU and Clemson have also shown interest...
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...818/-1/psports

Last edited by carolinacoast; 12-14-2013 at 07:54 PM.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #25
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
Yes, I did. I posted on it one page back. I saw him make plays other wrs might not make. I realize this is only hs, but it was at the top level in SC, and Mason Rudolf gets his stats because of Dupree.

This is Kornblut's writeup on recruiting interest in him:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...818/-1/psports
Ace was about his size.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #26
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Ace was about his size.....
I don't think Spurrier would have a problem. I saw Dupree make two one handed catches in traffic and at least one diving catch in the endzone to get to the ball.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #27
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 508
WeCocky has hatched from the shell
Default 2015- Dupree Hart

Am I seeing something that colleges arent on this kid? WR out of Northwestern in Rock Hill, doesnt have an offer from us or Clemson. He is only 5'7 but he could do things in the return game. He broke AJ Green's state receiving record.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1106497/...ghts/131220375
WeCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #28
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015- Dupree Hart

He doesnt have much of an offer sheet, probably a reason.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:59 PM   #29
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
He doesnt have much of an offer sheet, probably a reason.
Thats what I'm thinking. His best offer is either App or Coastal
Old 05-19-2014, 10:05 PM   #30
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky View Post
Thats what I'm thinking. His best offer is either App or Coastal
Yea hed probably need a huge season to land a major offer. 5'7'' 160 is just so small in the game today unless youre blazing fast and i cant see his 40 time.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #31
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Yea hed probably need a huge season to land a major offer. 5'7'' 160 is just so small in the game today unless youre blazing fast and i cant see his 40 time.
Or unless you're Nick Jones.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #32
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky View Post
Am I seeing something that colleges arent on this kid? WR out of Northwestern in Rock Hill, doesnt have an offer from us or Clemson. He is only 5'7 but he could do things in the return game. He broke AJ Green's state receiving record.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1106497/...ghts/131220375
Keep in mind Northwestern has a very pass friendly offense that tends to inflate stats so breaking AJ Green's record while impressive should be taken with a grain of salt. Keep in mind Justin Worley put huge numbers up while in this offense.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #33
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Or unless you're Nick Jones.
I think he and Lattimore were a package deal.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #34
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Keep in mind Northwestern has a very pass friendly offense that tends to inflate stats so breaking AJ Green's record while impressive should be taken with a grain of salt. Keep in mind Justin Worley put huge numbers up while in this offense.
That is true...a lot of their yards came off dump passes.
I'm not knocking Dupree, the guy can flat ball...but he doesn't have the blazing speed of an Ace Sanders and Jerad Washington or Damiere Byrd.

If a guy is Hart's size, he has to have that speed to be a high D1 offer.

Since Dupree doesn't have that speed (probablyl runs close to a 4.55-4.6) he is likely going to be a D1-AA guy.
He would certainly fit in nicely at a Coastal Carolina.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #35
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
That is true...a lot of their yards came off dump passes.
I'm not knocking Dupree, the guy can flat ball...but he doesn't have the blazing speed of an Ace Sanders and Jerad Washington or Damiere Byrd.

If a guy is Hart's size, he has to have that speed to be a high D1 offer.

Since Dupree doesn't have that speed (probablyl runs close to a 4.55-4.6) he is likely going to be a D1-AA guy.
He would certainly fit in nicely at a Coastal Carolina.

Ace ran a 4.53 and 4.58 in the NFL combine. Ace had football speed not straight ahead speed. maybe this kid is the same.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #36
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

I agree this kid is perfect for coastal Carolina.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:43 PM   #37
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

I was thinking he was a 4.4 type of speedster, not 4.5-4.6. I dont see much of him so I can't really have an opinion, I just wanted to see what you guys from South Carolina thought.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #38
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Ace ran a 4.53 and 4.58 in the NFL combine. Ace had football speed not straight ahead speed. maybe this kid is the same.

Not even close IMO

Old 05-20-2014, 02:06 PM   #39
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
I'm not meaning to seem argumentative, but several of the catches I saw him make on 2013 season highlight video were not dump offs, and regardless if an offense is pass-friendly, the receivers still have to make the plays. I mean, what good would it do if the QB threw the ball to you 30+ times per game if you don't take advantage of most of those opportunities? And even if a pass is not a deep pass or even is just at the line of scrimmage, doesn't it mean the receiver has some play-making ability if big yards come from the play? A QB in a pass-happy offense is much more questionable than a receiver, IMO.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:53 PM   #40
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I'm not meaning to seem argumentative, but several of the catches I saw him make on 2013 season highlight video were not dump offs, and regardless if an offense is pass-friendly, the receivers still have to make the plays. I mean, what good would it do if the QB threw the ball to you 30+ times per game if you don't take advantage of most of those opportunities? And even if a pass is not a deep pass or even is just at the line of scrimmage, doesn't it mean the receiver has some play-making ability if big yards come from the play? A QB in a pass-happy offense is much more questionable than a receiver, IMO.
I just think a pass friendly offense works because it puts up several receivers with big numbers that you can't ignore. He has huge numbers but he went about it a bit differently than AJ Green who got the record in double and triple coverage all game long and was able to get the record because he was just that much better than everyone else on the field it wasn't even remotely system related. Not saying Hart isn't a good receiver just saying his stats are being amplified a bit by the system he is in. It also didn't hurt that he had that Randolph or Rudolph (forget the exact name) kid QBing for him and he is going to be a freshman at OKST this coming year.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote