CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecockgal
NinjaSven
Rebel4ever
BlakelyH19
roosterdude21
Carolina-Beez
kevhugh
Cockyteg
eatlighting
Lankey62
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (32604)
Gameday in Columbia (1711)
ECU is a good team (1403)
Why we'll dominate C (1186)
Alabama vs Florida. (1004)
ECU is a good team (974)
Lammons out (955)
Is it possible for o (899)
Spurrier not happy s (856)
Spurrier was Embaras (854)
how could we put up that
Is it possible for our Sp
Cal-Arizona game, WOW!!!
Where was Wilds late in t
Ducks-Wash St
ECU
Spurrier was Embarassed
More David Williams Pleas
Spurrier not happy so why
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 05-17-2014, 09:22 PM   #101
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material
Default Re: Can we still get a top 8 seed?

McDonald and Perno were both saying on ESPN the other night that the winner of the Carolina/Vandy series has the inside track to a national seed. Other "experts" are saying the same thing. We have a very good shot. UF has one locked up. Sounds like it's between us, Vandy and Ole Miss (who we also beat head to head) for the other one. Everyone thinks LSU's rpi is too low for them to be strongly considered. A good showing in Hoover would only help us though.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #102
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPitMt. Lattimore rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti View Post
Lol that's your opinion brah
yea bro brah word holmes
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #103
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 402990384
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

When I started this thread last week, I was unsure of what we needed to do to lockdown a top 8 seed. One of the obvious obstacle's was to win our mid week game, then win the series at Vandy..... and we did!

So the only question now, is how many games do we have to win in Hoover to get that elusive top 8 seed?

In our Bracket, we play the winner of Miss St and Georgia. For obvious reasons, I would like to get another piece of UGA..... but a win over Miss St would help our RPI more, so for that reason, I am pulling for Miss St. Then we most likely would play Florida (assuming they will beat the winner of Bama/Ken).

Would POTENTIALLY beating MISS ST and Florida be enough to lock up a #8 seed?

What do YOU think we need to lock up that #8 seed?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #104
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

I know ya'll will love this projection...... a #7 seed!

http://www.collegebaseballdaily.com/...ions-may-19th/
Old 05-19-2014, 09:47 PM   #105
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I think it all depends on how Holbrook and Meyers play our staff this coming week. Save arms or all in ?
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #106
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
When I started this thread last week, I was unsure of what we needed to do to lockdown a top 8 seed. One of the obvious obstacle's was to win our mid week game, then win the series at Vandy..... and we did!

So the only question now, is how many games do we have to win in Hoover to get that elusive top 8 seed?

In our Bracket, we play the winner of Miss St and Georgia. For obvious reasons, I would like to get another piece of UGA..... but a win over Miss St would help our RPI more, so for that reason, I am pulling for Miss St. Then we most likely would play Florida (assuming they will beat the winner of Bama/Ken).

I think it's dependent on 2 things. We must get at least 2 wins, and we must do better than Ole Miss. Vandy has an outside shot if they go deep/win the tourney and Ole Miss and USC tanks. But if we do those 2 things^ I think we're in.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:03 PM   #107
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
I think it all depends on how Holbrook and Meyers play our staff this coming week. Save arms or all in ?

Knowing how these guys coach I think they'll be all in. Monty should be ready to go and start on Wednes (although I'd like to see Scott). As much as the coaches downplay winning enough to get the national seed, they know what's at stake and I think we'll see a team that really wants it this year, as opposed to other years.

IMO it's actually a good idea to tank the SEC tourney, unless you're on the bubble for positioning in the tourney like we are. It most cases it serves to humbles your team, refocus them, and rest them up for the NCAA tourney.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:06 PM   #108
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

Think you guys are spot on.......

The way I see it, a win against Miss St/ UGA, and a win against Florida (Potentially), would be enough. I also am on board with the "All In" approach. From where I sit, after last years debacle in Chapel Hill. With the pitching staff we have, I will take my chances and try like hell to lock up that #8 seed.

Last week, I wasn't sure if we had what it took. Winning a series in Nashville has to provide our team with some confidence, it certainly has boosted mine!

Hoping we can get the "All In" approach to stick for the entire post season!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #109
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:

That site also has Indiana as a 5 seed?

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:06 AM   #110
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
That site also has Indiana as a 5 seed?
Indiana is have a good year, despite the conference they play in. Pretty good baseball team. If im not mistaken they have been decent a couple years now.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:37 AM   #111
Singaporecock
Redneck Abroad

Male

CockyCash: 1000500
Singaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot materialSingaporecock is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Singaporecock

Quote:

There is no way they send Clem5on to us three years in a row...as this projection suggests.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #112
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singaporecock View Post
There is no way they send Clem5on to us three years in a row...as this projection suggests.
Be prepared for dissapointment because it can happen again. The ncaa has taken the word "regional" seriously for a few years now.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:05 AM   #113
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
As for the final national seed race between Ole Miss and South Carolina, to say it was an easy decision is very much an understatement. After all, South Carolina definitely has a compelling case. For starters, the Gamecocks won the season series against the Rebels, albeit at home in a very even series. Meanwhile, the Gamecocks have A) more wins against RPI Top 25 teams and B) a 15-9 record vs. RPI Top 50, as opposed to 14-11 mark for the Rebels. However, the Rebels have a better road mark and finished higher in the SEC standings, winning the SEC West Division and earning the No. 2 seed in this week's conference tournament. Whomever performs better in Hoover, Ala., likely gets a national seed. The other? It will need Indiana or ULL to slip up.

Besides South Carolina, college baseball fans also should watch for Oklahoma State, Cal Poly and TCU. The Cowboys are very much a national seed type of team if they can perform well in the Big 12 tournament and get that RPI in the top 18, while TCU possesses a good resume and Cal Poly continues to rise in the RPI and is the West Coast's elite team outside of Oregon State and Washington. Some things would really have to go their way for teams like Vanderbilt, Rice and Louisville to end up as top eight national seeds.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/...x?article=9905
Quote:
CORAL GABLES, Fla. 1. Miami (6)
4. Florida Gulf Coast*

2. Alabama
3. Western Carolina*

COLUMBIA, S.C.
1. South Carolina
4. College of Charleston*

2. Texas Tech
3. Georgia Tech

Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #114
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

They can give 3 SEC teams national seeds. The national media talked about it last Thursday night on ESPNU. They said they wouldn't be surprised if Ole Miss, Florida and either SC/Vandy would get national seed. Now that SC beat Vandy, we have the road to get there.

Tommy Moody on 107.5 this morning said that he thinks 2 games in Hoover should get it done BUT they should really try to win more than 2.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #115
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Why not? The selection committee has shown that they LOVE trying to create drama.

Rivalries = drama, even when lop-sided.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #116
Gallo Pazzesco
Walk On

Male

Gallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervousGallo Pazzesco is making other chickens nervous

If we win three games in Hoover I think we get a Super. Two games and it'll be close. One game and doubtful.
Gallo Pazzesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #117
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallo Pazzesco View Post
If we win three games in Hoover I think we get a Super. Two games and it'll be close. One game and doubtful.
This is so close, it literally could come down to which two teams we beat!
Need to win the first one for sure!!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #118
Gamecock Scott
Blue Chip

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 3rd Place 
CockyCash: 200
Gamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPitGamecock Scott rules the CockPit

Quote:
Clemson has to be concerned about getting in the field of 64 before being worried about facing us again.
Gamecock Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #119
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post

I see they have Duke left out this projection but listed as an "At Large Team to Watch".

Duke is a higher seed in the ACC tourney than Clemson, but they have a slightly worse overall record.

Is the Duke vs Clemson game tomorrow a play-in game for the NCAA?
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:23 AM   #120
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:

If we beat Miss St and. Florida, there's no way we don't get a national seed.

We don't have to win the tournament to be one, although I'm cool if we do win it!