CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
Dietz
zcoop
GregoryHouse
Yearofthegamecock
Jdallen20
4gamecockfb
roosterdude21
CockyLifer
Badazcock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (28057)
ESPN Game Day Commen (2231)
Simple "yes&quo (1575)
We actually didnt lo (1387)
Phil Steele just pre (1253)
what I think ab ward (1142)
Extremely Proud (1042)
Eat Crow (1033)
Garcia: Change the R (800)
I want people to exp (758)
I want people to explain
We actually didnt lose
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Stop bashing Dylan
BAW
Extremely Proud
Defense question
Who start on the d line t
Eat Crow
what I think ab ward

Old 05-20-2014, 06:15 AM   #361
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Re: Updated: Diamond DeShields to visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
I would, but if I ignored them, I wouldn't know what sh*t they were trying to talk to me. ...Best not just to get me started. If you see me getting started, don't mess with me. That's all I am going to say for this night.
Wow just chill out. I think Dawn and the coaching staff know more about these girls than you and I ever will. You think Dawn would sign a kid tht has a boat load of issues or was uncoachable ? Neither do I so we will have to trust her and the other coaches who will do their homework on this. If Dawn takes them, then I am good with it. People will try to trash others that don't do what they want them too. Clemsux fans wanted Clowney and drooled at the thought....when he didn't sign with Clemsux...he was stupid, couldn't get in, was overrated.....none of which was true. You can't draw a conclusion from disgruntled people she left behind or the ones she left at the alter. You do that...and you are the one that doesn't get it. You spread this crap on VolNation (yes, I see you there) and these kids read these post, you are not helping anything. You don't know personally so just let it go......
Old 05-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #362
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

I think someone needs a time out.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #363
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Hmmm, Diamond is talking with Kelsey Bone about what she went through
Old 05-20-2014, 08:12 AM   #364
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Is that good or bad?
Old 05-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #365
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Is that good or bad?
Its good.

Why would we not want any potential transfer to consider all factors before pulling the trigger?

We're not Clemson...we dont want to hide anything from recruits. Just be up-front and let them make a decision that they feel is best for them.
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #366
meesh982000
Walk On

Female

meesh982000 is learning to peck

Quote:
IMO that's not good but it's up to Diamond to make a decision for what best for her.
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #367
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 457821129
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post
IMO that's not good but it's up to Diamond to make a decision for what best for her.
You could provide a supporting fact, or at least a little insight on why you feel the way you do.

If Diamond is talking, it can only be good as far as I am concerned, no matter the outcome.

She want to make sure what she is getting into, and likewise, we have to do what is best for the team.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #368
meesh982000
Walk On

Female

meesh982000 is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
You could provide a supporting fact, or at least a little insight on why you feel the way you do.

If Diamond is talking, it can only be good as far as I am concerned, no matter the outcome.

She want to make sure what she is getting into, and likewise, we have to do what is best for the team.
I stated that only because she left our program after her freshman year just like Diamond left UNC and I don't know if Bone left on good terms with Coach Staley.
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #369
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

I have a lot of faith in Coach Staley. She is the best thing to happen to womens basketball here at USC. She will make the right decision about DeShields. I have the same amount of faith in her as I do with Coach Spurrier. She knows what she is doing. I am excited about womens basketball and I am not even a big basketball fan. lol. Cannot wait until the next season starts. This is what good coaches do....get fans excited and filling the seats.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #370
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Now, there's a young lady who deserves a rant..

Last edited by CockyGuy; 05-20-2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: My spelling looked like something a tater would write
CockyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #371
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
I have a lot of faith in Coach Staley. She is the best thing to happen to womens basketball here at USC. She will make the right decision about DeShields. I have the same amount of faith in her as I do with Coach Spurrier. She knows what she is doing. I am excited about womens basketball and I am not even a big basketball fan. lol. Cannot wait until the next season starts. This is what good coaches do....get fans excited and filling the seats.
Absolutely. Tickets will sell based on the names A'ja Wilson, (and hopefully) Diamond Deshields alone.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:16 AM   #372
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Is that good or bad?

Maybe Coach Staley suggested to Diamond to contact Kelsey. I imagine that the situation was brought up during DD's visit, so it would be a good move on Coach Staley's part (IMO) to encourage Diamond to get Kelsey's perspective on it as well. There's nothing that Dawn needs to hide in that situation and a move like this would prove it, again IMO.
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #373
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Maybe Coach Staley suggested to Diamond to contact Kelsey. I imagine that the situation was brought up during DD's visit, so it would be a good move on Coach Staley's part (IMO) to encourage Diamond to get Kelsey's perspective on it as well. There's nothing that Dawn needs to hide in that situation and a move like this would prove it, again IMO.
I always was under the impression that the biggest reason Kelcey left was more about her mom. Didn't her mom move to Columbia with Kelcey? I could be wrong, but it seemed that was factor. Mom intervening, that is.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:45 AM   #374
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I always was under the impression that the biggest reason Kelcey left was more about her mom. Didn't her mom move to Columbia with Kelcey? I could be wrong, but it seemed that was factor. Mom intervening, that is.
I don't even think Diamond and Kelsey are having a conversation per se, unless someone really has insider info. Kelsey tweeted something like this. "Going to A&M is the best decision I've ever made" (i.e away from USC and Dawn). The irony is that it was during Diamond's visit and she re-tweeted it. Then, a "fan" tweeted something to Kelsey, which prompted her mom to jump in.

Last edited by CockyGuy; 05-20-2014 at 12:08 PM.
CockyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #375
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
I don't even think Diamond and Kelsey are having a conversation persay, unless someone really has insider info. Kelsey tweeted something like this. "Going to A&M is the best decision I've ever made" (i.e away from USC and Dawn). The irony is that it was during Diamond's visit and she re-tweeted it. Then, a "fan" tweeted something to Kelsey, which prompted her mom to jump in.
Doesn't surprise me at all. This should get interesting.

I doubt it has an impact on Diamond, tho. Seems like very different circumstances to me. Dawn also has better players now.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #376
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post
I don't even think Diamond and Kelsey are having a conversation persay, unless someone really has insider info. Kelsey tweeted something like this. "Going to A&M is the best decision I've ever made" (i.e away from USC and Dawn). The irony is that it was during Diamond's visit and she re-tweeted it. Then, a "fan" tweeted something to Kelsey, which prompted her mom to jump in.
According to Twitter, they were discussing different things via Facebook. No idea what their conversation is about and what it isn't about. A few obvious ideas:

1. She wants to know why Kelsey left USC, and if the same problems could surface for her. - This is good and bad for us, good in that she is very seriously considering us and bad in that Kelsey may have an ax to grind.

2. She wants to know more about how things occur in the transfer process, what to expect about that. - This probably doesn't lean good or bad for us.

I also don't believe that "going away from USC and Dawn" is what one has to come away with when they say that going to another school was the best decision of her life. Sometimes people just want something else.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #377
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

For those interested, here is an in-depth article about Kelsey Bone and her family history. It's very long, but really pretty interesting.
But anyways long story short, the tipping point was her mother moved to Columbia to support her. But she didn't make the trip to a game at LSU due to distance. But of course it was close to her Texas family and they were all there. That really upset Kelsey and at that point she knew she wanted to go home. She was homesick.

http://www.swishappeal.com/2013/3/18...bone-interview
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #378
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

[quote=trapper82;4162875]According to Twitter, they were discussing different things via Facebook. No idea what their conversation is about and what it isn't about. A few obvious ideas:

1. She wants to know why Kelsey left USC, and if the same problems could surface for her. - This is good and bad for us, good in that she is very seriously considering us and bad in that Kelsey may have an ax to grind.

2. She wants to know more about how things occur in the transfer process, what to expect about that. - This probably doesn't lean good or bad for us.

I also don't believe that "going away from USC and Dawn" is what one has to come away with when they say that going to another school was the best decision of her life. Sometimes people just want something else.[/quote]

I wouldn't gather that off of one post either. I'm not that juvenile. However, most of Bone's posts tend to be negative/neutral against USC. Almost, as if she doesn't want to acknowledge she's been there before.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #379
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

The person that chimed in on that may be the biggest idiot in the world. Just look back at their tweets about Nunez when he committed to USC.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #380
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
The person that chimed in on that may be the biggest idiot in the world. Just look back at their tweets about Nunez when he committed to USC.
To be honest, it felt like a troll account, or an undercover Tater.