CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Regalcock
BiscoCocky
yazoo
StormOfTalons
b381l
robgusc76
The Yancey
Gamecockswag
TheUniversityofSC
GoldenSpur7
I'm not buying the h (2016)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (1321)
SL,UT Gamecocks (1290)
Wow! barely a comme (908)
SHOULD GAMECOCK PLAY (792)
Howdy! - Tailgating (701)
Greetings from ECU F (485)
Nice Article With Ke (462)
Clemson 1st string R (396)
35 Things You Need T (300)
2 back sets
2014 Signee - Darin Small
SHOULD GAMECOCK PLAYERS B
Kentucky 2013 full game v
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
2015 - Bradrick Shaw
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
New Sign at Williams Bric
OBC banner being added to
Season tickets?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Clowney at Mini-Camp

Thought some might like this article about how Clowney is doing.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...ie-5484998.php

Quote:
"I'm here to get the ball rolling with the Texans and show what I got on the field," he said. "I'm not concerned about (being under a microscope). I'm concerned with being a good teammate and (earning) the respect of my teammates.

"I want to be the best Houston Texan I can be."
Loved this quote from him. He is doing things the right way and I am sure that is going to make his teammates like him better and the team as a whole play better.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
ScottK
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb
Default Re: Clowney at Mini-Camp

I'd love to know but it says I have to be a subscriber to read the whole article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScottK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
I'd love to know but it says I have to be a subscriber to read the whole article.

Shouldn't take being a subscriber. I will PM you the full article.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:44 PM   #4
scargamecocks87
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
scargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudly

Outside linebacker?
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by scargamecocks87 View Post
Outside linebacker?
Yeah, they figured he'll fit in their system better that way.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Shouldn't take being a subscriber. I will PM you the full article.
could you put me on that PM train? I was also asked to be a subscriber.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #7
ScottK
4-Star

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb
Default Clowney at Mini-Camp

Thanks for the article. Am I understanding correctly that he will not be playing DE at all?

Old 05-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #8
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks for the article. Am I understanding correctly that he will not be playing DE at all?

Houston plays a 3-4, not a 4-3. Defensive ends in a 3-4 are kind of a hybrid DT/DE from a 4-3. Outside LB's in a 3-4 are kind of a hybrid DE/OLB from a 4-3. Clowney will still be on the line of scrimmage more times than not, and will be still be rushing the passer. He will be playing in space more than usual, but Houston knows what they have and will play to Clowney's strengths, and that is having him with his hand down at the line of scrimmage.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #9
ScottK
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock View Post
Houston plays a 3-4, not a 4-3. Defensive ends in a 3-4 are kind of a hybrid DT/DE from a 4-3. Outside LB's in a 3-4 are kind of a hybrid DE/OLB from a 4-3. Clowney will still be on the line of scrimmage more times than not, and will be still be rushing the passer. He will be playing in space more than usual, but Houston knows what they have and will play to Clowney's strengths, and that is having him with his hand down at the line of scrimmage.
Thanks for the info. You can tell I haven't watched the Texans play much lol

Old 05-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

The GM at the 1st presser stated with Clowney he gives them the option to play 4/3.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:00 PM   #11
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecoldcock View Post
Due to the passing nature of the league and formations with 3+ receivers being used all the time, the Texans will be in their subpackage probably 70% of the time which means Houston will have 4 down linemen and JD will be coming off the edge with his hand in the dirt as he did at SC. However,there will be some times in the game where he is required to drop into coverage or rush the passer from a standup OLB position.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #12
USC-Hokie
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 700
USC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his combUSC-Hokie is developing his comb

I can tell you he has been given no preferential treatment. Bill O'Brien is no non sense and is making them earn the Texan helmet sticker logo, he has taken names off of lockers and only using numbers and Jadeveon has been given a temporary removable locker just like the rest of the rookies. He doesn't hand anybody anything. Might be why Andre Johnson wants out.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #13
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC-Hokie View Post
I can tell you he has been given no preferential treatment. Bill O'Brien is no non sense and is making them earn the Texan helmet sticker logo, he has taken names off of lockers and only using numbers and Jadeveon has been given a temporary removable locker just like the rest of the rookies. He doesn't hand anybody anything. Might be why Andre Johnson wants out.
Johnson wants our bc their QB situation is a grease fire and he's closing in on the end of his career and wants a shot at a ring.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #14
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

I think he will fit in...and like it there. We will miss him here.
gocockswyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:53 PM   #15
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Good article (pics and stuff): How does Jadeveon Clowney fit in Houston’s hybrid defensive fronts?
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #16
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Thought some might like this article about how Clowney is doing.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spor...ie-5484998.php

Loved this quote from him. He is doing things the right way and I am sure that is going to make his teammates like him better and the team as a whole play better.
he is saying all the right things and being very humble.....he'll play both standing up and with his hand down.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:41 AM   #17
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Per Houston "his hand will be in the dirt 80% of the time rushing the QB."
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #18
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Johnson wants our bc their QB situation is a grease fire and he's closing in on the end of his career and wants a shot at a ring.
This
Old 05-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #19
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
He needs to shut the hell up IMO. He has been paid to be the "face of the franchise" so act like a good employee and not complain to the media.