CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (873)
Call of Duty: Advanc (542)
Good Riddance to bad (477)
Keeping tailgate foo (329)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (299)
Bashing Players, coa (240)
The Comeback & T (235)
An A to Z of Noah We (218)
Wallpaper & Back (119)
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI S (106)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 05-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Texas High School builds $60 Million Stadium. And can't play in it.

Quote:
Allen ISD officials said Monday that design flaws appear to have contributed to problems with cracking of concrete at the district’s new $60 million stadium, prompting them to close the stadium for the next football season.

Previously, PBK Architects, which designed the stadium, said the problems in the concourse level were probably caused by shrinkage in the concrete.

But an analysis commissioned by the district shows engineers have found design deficiencies at the concourse level, according to documents released to The Dallas Morning News.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro...his-season.ece

I guess you could say they really Clemsoned this project.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

CockyCash: 500
TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Texas High School builds $60 Million Stadium. And can't play in it.

$60MM you better get it right the first damn time.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

"Previously, PBK Architects, which designed the stadium, said the problems in the concourse level were probably caused by shrinkage in the concrete."

Why did they put the concrete in the ocean, did they not know it was cold?
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd803 View Post
"Previously, PBK Architects, which designed the stadium, said the problems in the concourse level were probably caused by shrinkage in the concrete."

Why did they put the concrete in the ocean, did they not know it was cold?
"I WAS IN THE POOL"
Old 05-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #5
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

pbk is gonna take a hit..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Some of the HS stadiums around here - especially in the 'burbs are ridiculous. My fave is still the Fort Worth city school's stadium - Farrington Field.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #7
burr
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

2014 schedule shows them hosting Dutchfork (SC) on sept5. Quite a road game
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #8
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

That's too big for a high school if you ask me. I would have thought it would be a stadium for a FCS team if it didn't say it was a high school
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #9
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
That's too big for a high school if you ask me. I would have thought it would be a stadium for a FCS team if it didn't say it was a high school
You ever been to a game out here? They fill it up.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:32 PM   #10
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
You ever been to a game out here? They fill it up.
I knew Texas has an ass load of HS talent but wow...
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #11
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 508
WeCocky has hatched from the shell

Unreal. The Texas state championship about sold out the Cowboys stadium
WeCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #12
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

This wasn't just a football stadium for one HS. It was designed to be used for other sports, with indoor facities for things like golf. Also they wanted to be able to attract big concerts to play there, so it isn't as crazy of an idea to have such a large HS stadium.
Old 05-20-2014, 07:34 PM   #13
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaichon View Post
Some of the HS stadiums around here - especially in the 'burbs are ridiculous. My fave is still the Fort Worth city school's stadium - Farrington Field.

Farrington

Sandy Concrete behemoth

You'd be surprised some of the ones in SC are pretty remarkable anymore as well...not like the 60 mil. behemoth but pretty dang nice and large..

River Bluff

Dorman
Old 05-20-2014, 07:48 PM   #14
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9450
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Dorman's setup is sick
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #15
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

I remember when I would go to Dallas from Texarkana I would pass Royce city stadium , the press box was crazy high . I would see it for miles. Most high schools there have 100 yard indoor practice facilities , Texas high in texarkana had one what I was told anyway.

Last edited by AtlGAMECOCK; 05-20-2014 at 10:29 PM.
AtlGAMECOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:15 PM   #16
Arm Chair QB
Walk On

Male

Arm Chair QB has hatched from the shell

I'm glad I don't have to pay school tax in that county !!!!!!!!!!
TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arm Chair QB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #17
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlGAMECOCK View Post
I remember when I would go to Dallas from Texarkana I would pass Royce city stadium , the press box was crazy high . I would see it for miles. Most high schools there have 100 yard indoor practice facilities , Texas high in texarkana had one .

Royce

Greenwood High, SC
It looks like they copied Royce..but Royce looks a little taller with the Bleachers..
Old 05-20-2014, 10:45 PM   #18
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

$100 says there is a graduate of Tater Tech at PBK...

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:00 PM   #19
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudlyweatheredxtown is crowing loudly

My high school, Westwood, has a pretty impressive stadium. Harry-Parone ain't too bad either.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #20
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
$100 says there is a graduate of Tater Tech at PBK...
You Win..
cliff Whittingstall has been practicing master planning, programming and architecture for higher education
for more than 14 years; and has excelled at managing higher education projects of varying complexity
and scale. His project experience includes research laboratories, libraries, academic classroom buildings,
student unions, residential complexes, dining facilities, wellness buildings and athletic complexes for
projects ranging under $500,000 to more than $130 million in construction. Whittingstall’s resumé reflects
extensive first-hand experience and knowledge of sustainable and high performance design techniques
and commissioning practices to achieve varying levels of LEED certification. With a tenacious drive and
ever-present passion for sustainable projects, the PBK principal accredits his graduate school career
as a major influence in his life path; even noting his thesis at Clemson University, titled “Sustaining an
argument: a holistic sustainable community center for West greenville, south carolina.”