CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Outland
MountainCock
MDF DUST
QCB
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
taylorssc
The Gator Bowl wants (2086)
USC will upset Aubur (1701)
In-state QB talent (968)
Texas athletic direc (764)
Which loss hurt wors (745)
Ranking the SEC Foot (650)
Rank the QBs under S (646)
USC Picked 12th By S (537)
BA ranks recruiting (485)
Five Upstate High Sc (334)
So Disappointed With The
lack of production=
Rank the QBs under Spurri
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Gameday parking in Auburn
Google finally gets it ri
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Who start on the d line t
Ranking the SEC Football
USC will upset Auburn; Wh

Old 05-20-2014, 10:56 PM   #1
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material
Default Galaxy 5s or wait for iPhone 6

What y'all think

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins
Default Re: Galaxy 5s or wait for iPhone 6

I'm an iPhone man myself. Currently on the 5c 16. Never used a Galaxy because Apples are so user friendly I've never thought about switching to anything else.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:09 PM   #3
jtp
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
jtp is developing his combjtp is developing his combjtp is developing his combjtp is developing his combjtp is developing his combjtp is developing his combjtp is developing his combjtp is developing his combjtp is developing his combjtp is developing his comb

If it's so user friendly, why don't you change the battery real quick for me? Better yet, do some swype texting since you have big fingers? Why are your older devices not compatible with the new updates?

User friendly is a cool catch phrase but IMO they're really not any more user friendly than other devices (or less).
jtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

5s
Old 05-20-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp View Post
If it's so user friendly, why don't you change the battery real quick for me? Better yet, do some swype texting since you have big fingers? Why are your older devices not compatible with the new updates?

User friendly is a cool catch phrase but IMO they're really not any more user friendly than other devices (or less).
Never needed to change a battery and my old 4s updated 3 days before I sold it 20 minutes after putting it on CL.

- Rick H-

Old 05-20-2014, 11:26 PM   #6
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

I got the g5 last week and have enjoyed it sense. My girlfriend, who had previously only had iPhones, got it as well and likes it better than the previous apple offerings. She has had to get used to the ui, though. At any rate, it's up to you. Since the i6 isn't out yet, I couldn't say which one's better. Just speaking as a g5 owner
Old 05-20-2014, 11:32 PM   #7
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalrush24 View Post
I got the g5 last week and have enjoyed it sense. My girlfriend, who had previously only had iPhones, got it as well and likes it better than the previous apple offerings. She has had to get used to the ui, though. At any rate, it's up to you. Since the i6 isn't out yet, I couldn't say which one's better. Just speaking as a g5 owner
I'm almost due for a phone upgrade and was thinking of making the switch over to the Galaxy. If you don't mind can you check back after you have had it a bit and do a little comparison of what you are liking about it over the iPhone and what you are not liking as much?
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #8
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Galaxy
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:16 AM   #9
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

HTC one M8
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #10
scaralum8812
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
scaralum8812 has hatched from the shell

Galaxy all the way!! The IPHONE is not user friendly as some have said unfortunately. The Galaxy phone series are the best and this is coming from a 4s guy who just loves his phone so he doesn't want to upgrade. Plus it helps that you can download apps to play older gameboy/n64 games likes it's nothing. Gamer here as you can tell.
scaralum8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #11
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

I don't play games on my phone and I came from the first generation Galaxy, which I'm sure the new ones are much better. It took me about 15 minutes to feel perfectly comfortable with my first iphone coming from the original Galaxy.

- Rick H-

Old 05-21-2014, 12:35 AM   #12
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

The Galaxy phones are a tablet that makes phone calls. It's insane
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:45 AM   #13
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Android all day.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #14
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

S5 and its not even close!!
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:05 AM   #15
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

To be honest, if you want an Iphone 6, just go buy an Iphone 5, they're all the same anyways.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:08 AM   #16
tekresqguru
USCRugby

Male

CockyCash: 936
tekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his combtekresqguru is developing his comb

My wife had an iPhone for years, just switched to Galaxy, and loves it, states she will never go back
Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #17
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Im going to give you my best thoughts about it... I had a iPhone 4s and switched to a galaxy s4 on April 12.

iPhone Pros:
Simplicity
Glass/Aluminum Body
iCloud (I have an iPad and MacBook and miss iCloud for music purposes but its easy to work around)
iMessage

Cons:
Small Screen
You can't add extra storage or remove the battery

Galaxy Pros:
5 inch screen. I was afraid it was to big at first but it grows on you and looks beautiful. It fits in my pocket fine.
Customization. I love to be able to have widgets on my home screen to show the weeks weather, my daily calendar, and other random stuff.
Multitasking. You can have internet and messaging up at the same time or any other combination.

Galaxy Cons:
Plastic Body
Some dont like the big screen
No iMessage

Random Thoughts:
People always say that apple has a great app store and its so much better than the google play store.. I dont think either is better.

The plastic casing on the galaxy doesn't bother me because I put a obex waterproof case on it.

One thing to note... Not all people have this problem but some do when switching from iPhone to another phone thats not apple. Apple saves your number in their servers so when people send you messages from their iPhone it still sees your number in their servers so it tries to send an iMessage which a galaxy doesn't have. I had to call apple to get them to take my number out. It has solved the problem mostly but some people it still tries to send me an iMessage.

If you are doing it for screen size but really want apple I would wait just to see iPhone 6. Rumors have it that they will have two iPhones again this year one at 4 in. and one at 5.5 in. to compete with galaxy.

From my personal experience I am glad I switched to galaxy. If I didn't have this iMessage issue I would never have had the thought of switching back, but regardless I love my s4.
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:44 AM   #18
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp View Post

Change the battery? What is this 1995?

Older devices? What does that even mean?
Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #19
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACXIMVS View Post
What y'all think
If you want to wait until fall, then wait to see what the new device, 6 or whatever they call it, from Apple brings to the table. Their new phone will not be out until at least September. I wouldn't take any stock into any rumors of what the phone will or will not do.

If you are getting a phone now, just go to a store and play with what you are thinking about getting. I find the new galaxy phones way to big, but would have not realized that until picking them up. If you don't know what to get at all, I would also look at a Windows Phone. They have made great strides on their OS but some of the apps are still lacking. For me it doesn't work since they do not offer a couple of apps I really need, but it might be perfect for someone else. The Nokias are built great and take great pictures as well.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #20
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Change the battery? What is this 1995?

Older devices? What does that even mean?
I was thinking the same thing. Why would you need to change the iphone battery? Just seems like some android fanboys trying to find another reason to crack on the iphone.

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote