CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GH
b381l
Mt. Lattimore
jrussjr
RGHoskins
ConwayGamecock
BeatBamaTwice
davisd9
sporkgod50
JerseyBird
Musburger/Palmer to (1450)
Shaq R. (1306)
Dustin Johnson takin (1282)
1st practice tonight (1234)
I'm in the Atlanta a (1002)
Malcolm Mitchell (kn (724)
We don't have a prac (432)
weather in columbia (431)
Overrated and Underr (364)
Donell Stanley injur (328)
Backup QB competition
Re-Airing South Carolina
Could we see 3 QBs on the
1st practice tonight
We don't have a practice
Official SEC Network and
Musburger/Palmer to comme
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Lebron James Going to Cav
Dustin Johnson taking a l

Old 05-21-2014, 06:37 AM   #1
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Clowney to be the FACE of Wilson...wow.

This guy is raking it in ...............

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenhe...orsement-deal/

Heitner: Why was Clowney the right fit? Why him as opposed to the many other highly touted NFL Draft prospects?
Murphy: Jadeveon was the only player we wanted to work with. His tenacity on the field, style of play and his dedication to the game are what motivated us. There were other players in the draft who are very popular, but no one has the universal appeal that Jadeveon has.

Murphy: In Football we have had very few players who have specifically been the face of Football. We are selective and want to be sure the partnerships we form truly fit with our brand and we with theirs. In the past we have had Joe Montana, Walter Payton and Tom Brady. We are really excited about the opportunity to have Jadeveon Clowney be a part of the Wilson family.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney to be the FACE of Wilson...wow.

Not surprised....he has an infectious smile...the kids love him. I think these people are finding him to be a genuinely nice guy who happens to be an athletic freak. Shaq O'Neal was similar as far as marketability.

Don't be surprised to see Jadeveon in movies if this continues. But he's going to have a lot on his plate.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Hope he has someone handling his money and someone watching the guys who are handling his money. And both of them sending statements to his momma !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Clowney has more cousins than he thought. Loll

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 AM   #5
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Clowney has more cousins than he thought. Loll
Come to think of it I think I did have a great great uncle Clowney...
Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Not surprised....he has an infectious smile...the kids love him. I think these people are finding him to be a genuinely nice guy who happens to be an athletic freak. Shaq O'Neal was similar as far as marketability.

Don't be surprised to see Jadeveon in movies if this continues. But he's going to have a lot on his plate.
Agree 100%. He faced some tough criticism about work ethic, and shrugged it off like Bill Clinton. Clowney is an attractive person who really thrived in the USC environment. Says a lot about our program. Totally rebuts the Clemson fanbases universal, unfair, and harsh criticism of Clowney. Eat it Clemp.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #7
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:

Lol... really? I mean your statement seems a bit of a stretch don't ya think?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #8
henmania
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
This guy is raking it in ...............

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenhe...orsement-deal/

Heitner: Why was Clowney the right fit? Why him as opposed to the many other highly touted NFL Draft prospects?
Murphy: Jadeveon was the only player we wanted to work with. His tenacity on the field, style of play and his dedication to the game are what motivated us. There were other players in the draft who are very popular, but no one has the universal appeal that Jadeveon has.

Murphy: In Football we have had very few players who have specifically been the face of Football. We are selective and want to be sure the partnerships we form truly fit with our brand and we with theirs. In the past we have had Joe Montana, Walter Payton and Tom Brady. We are really excited about the opportunity to have Jadeveon Clowney be a part of the Wilson family.

Wow. This has to help us in recruiting. I saw kid last year on a football field in south Georgia running around in a USC "7" jersey. I asked him if he was a Gamecock fan and he said no, he was a Clowney fan. Dude has potential to be a major star. But he has to go play. And I think he will deliver big time.
henmania is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #9
Salmon
Recruit

Male

Salmon has hatched from the shell

Quote:

I have to agree with you. He is made for Hollywood. It's already happening if you look at things. Lots of sports figures have had successful movie careers. I would pay to see him in a movie and most everybody would too.
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:35 AM   #10
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Lol... really? I mean your statement seems a bit of a stretch don't ya think?
He did not say that Jadeveon would be the lead in said movie. Heck, if Shag and Terry Bradshaw can appear in movies, certainly Jadeveon can!!
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #11
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
He did not say that Jadeveon would be the lead in said movie. Heck, if Shag and Terry Bradshaw can appear in movies, certainly Jadeveon can!!
I understand, but it still is a bit of a stretch. A lot of other famous athletes who have good personalities were never in movies so why would it be any different than Jadeveon?
Old 05-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #12
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I understand, but it still is a bit of a stretch. A lot of other famous athletes who have good personalities were never in movies so why would it be any different than Jadeveon?
The difference is they might've turned those opportunities down, whereas Jadeveon might not.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

The guy is set for life now if he watches his money and doesn't go too crazy.

I just hope Clowney isn't another one of the many athletes who have gone bankrupt (great 30-for-30 doc by the way by ESPN)
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #14
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

You just can't help but feel happy for him right now. Who knows, maybe if everything goes right and after a successful NFL career *knock on wood* he might become a huge donor to the university or even a coach.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #15
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
...and they were the face of a fanchise?
Quote:
Jadeveon will be the face of Wilson football. We’ll use his likeness in marketing materials, website, and in store. He will endorse Wilson football gloves and protective gear. He will also be endorsing the crown jewel – Wilson NFL Footballs.
This is huge...maybe you didn't notice.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post

I just hope Clowney isn't another one of the many athletes who have gone bankrupt (great 30-for-30 doc by the way by ESPN)
The way he handled the "no,I'm still broke" statement makes me believe he is solid. The guy knew he was a multimillionaire and he still smiled and passed it off. He even down played it, if the truth be known. "I'm still living at home with mom" says that. That is a lot of his appeal.....I never had a problem with someone with money unless they threw it in your face.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #17
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post

He'll be good, I think. Clowney has always seemed to have the right kind of people surrounding him. Also, he's already made (signed contracts worth) a lot more money than some of those guys.

Follow Gamecockology on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #18
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
...and they were the face of a fanchise?

This is huge...maybe you didn't notice.
Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Andrew Luck, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Calvin Johnson, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah I would say these guys are the face of a franchise. My point is it is ridiculous for you to say Clowney could have movie roles start rolling in because he is the face of a franchise. Landing a large endorsement deal does not equate acting talent or cameo roles in films.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #19
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Andrew Luck, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Calvin Johnson, etc, etc, etc.

Yeah I would say these guys are the face of a franchise. My point is it is ridiculous for you to say Clowney could have movie roles start rolling in because he is the face of a franchise. Landing a large endorsement deal does not equate acting talent or cameo roles in films.
Ok....
Old 05-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #20
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Ok....
Why is he laughing...
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote