CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
smoovecock
Lonnie
b381l
l^l^lBGCock
kick_ball
The Yancey
Lalli25
thekob
etowngangsta
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPUR (3532)
Starting Lineup Anno (1891)
Cant believe no one (1885)
We Have to Pass (1000)
Suspicious sign-in a (832)
Poster on another si (705)
Spurrier weekly pres (661)
Rivalry Thoughts and (437)
Two Gamecock women a (337)
This would be awesom (333)
We Have to Pass
Why has there been 40 yea
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
2015 Commitment - Marquav
The Defense
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPURRIER
SEC referees?
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Comparing Results Of Comm

Old 05-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #21
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: Galaxy 5s or wait for iPhone 6

It is a Personal preference.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #22
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtp View Post
If it's so user friendly, why don't you change the battery real quick for me? Better yet, do some swype texting since you have big fingers? Why are your older devices not compatible with the new updates?

User friendly is a cool catch phrase but IMO they're really not any more user friendly than other devices (or less).
He said it was user friendly to him, how is that wrong?

Many android phones stop getting OS updates less than 24 months after release. There are also long delays as to when each device can get that update. Carriers also can limit certian functions when those updates are pushed.

Here is a chart showing all the phones that have recieved KitKat - http://blogs.computerworld.com/andro...4-upgrade-list

Not seeing too many older phones on that. iOS devices may not get a full update (due to performance issues) but most Android phones older than 18 months get nothing.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #23
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
It is a Personal preference.
Bingo.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #24
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Nokia 1200 !!
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #25
snruter amabon
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
snruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot materialsnruter amabon is USC mascot material

Have a 4s right now, will be switching to a Galaxy phone next time. Just not all that enamored with the Apple phones.

Also, many more apps for my Chromecast on the Android system.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #26
darthtripous
Walk On

Male

darthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spursdarthtripous has earned his spurs

I am in the same boat. I have an iPhone 4. Will Verizon be able to transfer all my numbers and all that? Videos? My first video is JBJ making the last out at the CWS nearly three years ago. I don't want to lose it but my iPhone needs to go or apple needs to get their crap out. Every day I am closer and closer to getting the Galaxy.
darthtripous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:25 PM   #27
scargamecocks87
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
scargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudly

is this really being debated. Dude trust me when i tell you the a Galaxy phone shits on an iphone. theres no comparison. The S5 and Note 3 are the most powerful and longest lasting phone on the market right now. i hate debates like this because i usualy find my self talking to iphone idiots. do yourself a favor get the S5 and thank all of us android supporters late.
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #28
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by scargamecocks87 View Post
is this really being debated. Dude trust me when i tell you the a Galaxy phone shits on an iphone. theres no comparison. The S5 and Note 3 are the most powerful and longest lasting phone on the market right now. i hate debates like this because i usualy find my self talking to iphone idiots. do yourself a favor get the S5 and thank all of us android supporters late.
such passion, such eloquence.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #29
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Galaxy>iPhone. I've used both.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #30
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Galaxcy

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #31
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

HTC One M8 is better than either.

*Aluminum unlike plastic s5( the s5 overheats and throttles itself due to the plastic water-resistant case, feels cheap)
* Has much better speakers than iphone or s5
*Even though its not stock android sense is far less bloated than touchwiz, you can mod the m8 or s5 to a custom rom easily though.
*The battery life on my m8 is insane using the custom rom skyfall I get 20-30 of moderate use between charges, if I just check email, facebook and light web browsing I can easily make it a whole weekend without a charge.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #32
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Fanboyism is stooopid. Everyone has different tastes, needs preferences. Go try out a few and see what you like.

Fanboys bicker and throw specs / facts / fiction around like thier life depended on it. In the end it doens't really matter.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #33
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post
Fanboyism is stooopid. Everyone has different tastes, needs preferences. Go try out a few and see what you like.

Fanboys bicker and throw specs / facts / fiction around like thier life depended on it. In the end it doens't really matter.
True, but there is such a thing as an objective comparison of the facts and/opinions which is what most people who research a product are looking to see so they can determine if it meets their needs/wants. Otherwise posts like this would be pointless, you're not getting a lot of objective/useful feedback if everyone just says you need to just decide for yourself. If everyone could just go out and determine for themselves what works for them without any other input/feedback then most review sites would be out of business.

Just because someone has a good experience with a product and gives it their endorsement doesn't always make them a clueless fanatical fanboi.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #34
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 39263636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Add me to the Galaxy vote. Iphone is a solid phone. The Iphone 5s is very fast and great battery life (relative) and the Iphone 6 will mostly be the 5s with a larger screen probably 5". Galaxy has more features, is more powerful, is more customize-able, and admit it Google is taking over the world (well maybe not China).
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #35
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

apple is allowing the mobile device field to pass it bc by of lack of innovation and creativity.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #36
USCfootball
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
apple is allowing the mobile device field to pass it bc by of lack of innovation and creativity.

It's because Jobs is dead. He was the innovator at Apple. Now all Apple does is offer Iphones in fancy colors.

Also, almost have of the Iphone is made by Samsung components so it appears even Apple "prefers" Samsung.

I have the S4 and love it. S5 all the way boyz!!!!
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:39 PM   #37
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

big fan of my galaxy 5. the post describing it as a tablet that also makes calls is pretty accurate. only downside for me is that its a little larger than i would like.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #38
aftertwobowls
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 9500000
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Galaxy
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #39
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 39263636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction View Post

Are we not all guilty of "fanboyism" as registered and active posters on a "fan" site?

Or is it okay for sports but not otherwise?
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #40
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

thanks peeps

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote