CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Acockolypse Now
MEL
auslander
sanford
MWard
ccured
Spurticus
WeStillOwnUSC
The Yancey
Stephen Garcia AMA o (1500)
Texags (1306)
ESPN Car wash Spurri (1115)
Ace suspended 4 game (1036)
COMCAST TO CARRY SEC (997)
Dawg DL man arrested (909)
Holy Hell, Indeed, S (796)
Comporium (736)
Top 10 Reasons Why T (661)
Georgia DE Jonathan (620)
Gamecock Showcase Attende
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Texags
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Holy Hell, Indeed, SEC Ne
2015 - Mon Denson
Ace suspended 4 games
2015 - Traveon Samuel
2015 - Zack Bailey
Another A&M aggie off

Old 05-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
uscsig
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his comb
Default The 92 million dollar game

Who wins promotion to the English Premier League? I would love to see Watford in the top flight, but I think Crystal Palace is better top to bottom. The game takes place May 27th at Wembley.

What do you guys think?

P.S. 92 million dollars is the estimated cut of the EPL television and sponsorship deal.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material
Default Re: The 92 million dollar game

Palace
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

I don't know either of those two teams, but I think the idea of a play in game is kind of cool. All or nothing type of scenario. I bet it will be a blast to watch.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Best game in soccer. Seen my team win it twice.

Both clubs are garbage, but the managers are top notch.

I'll take Watford as that is Sir Elton John's club.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
BritishCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
BritishCock has feathers coming inBritishCock has feathers coming inBritishCock has feathers coming in

I love the play-off final, was one of the best days of my life seeing my team win the play-offs at Wembley a few years ago. It's a shame we only got 11 points (1 win, 8 draws) in the EPL the next season lol.

I think Watford will win this but it will be close
BritishCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
uscsig
Recruit

Male

uscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishCock View Post
I love the play-off final, was one of the best days of my life seeing my team win the play-offs at Wembley a few years ago. It's a shame we only got 11 points (1 win, 8 draws) in the EPL the next season lol.

I think Watford will win this but it will be close
Derby County fan?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
BritishCock
Walk On

Male

BritishCock has feathers coming inBritishCock has feathers coming inBritishCock has feathers coming in

Yes, unfortunately
Old 05-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
uscsig
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Yes, unfortunately

Wasn't Benny Feilhaber with the Rams that season?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #9
BritishCock
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsig View Post
Wasn't Benny Feilhaber with the Rams that season?
Yes he was. He didn't start many games which I found odd because he looked to be better than the people who were playing. What has happened to him since?

Eddie Lewis also played that season but the less said about that the better
Old 05-20-2013, 05:45 PM   #10
uscsig
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Yes he was. He didn't start many games which I found odd because he looked to be better than the people who were playing. What has happened to him since?

Eddie Lewis also played that season but the less said about that the better
He is in the states now playing for Kansas City. He is not the same player he was just four years ago. I think his confidence was shot after the flops in England and Denmark. I hope he can find his spark again, we could use him in Brazil.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
BritishCock
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscsig View Post
He is in the states now playing for Kansas City. He is not the same player he was just four years ago. I think his confidence was shot after the flops in England and Denmark. I hope he can find his spark again, we could use him in Brazil.
any idea how ex-Ram Giles Barnes is doing at Houston Dynamo? He had so much talent but suffered some bad injuries.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
uscsig
Recruit

Male

Quote:
any idea how ex-Ram Giles Barnes is doing at Houston Dynamo? He had so much talent but suffered some bad injuries.

He has caught on rather well with the Dynamo. He scored scored a brace in a 4-0 thumping of my once proud D.C. United. He seems to still have quite a bit pace left in his game.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #13
BritishCock
Walk On

Male

So with the new Premier League TV contract the Play Off Final is said to be worth about $200m to the winner.

The game is this Saturday and its Derby County vs QPR.

I am a big Derby fan so will be cheering them on at Wembley.

Incidentally, our wage bill is 12m per year vs QPR 78m per year (higher than Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid) so all the pressure is on QPR this weekend.

Will the game be on TV in the US or do they only show PL games?
Old 05-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #14
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
So with the new Premier League TV contract the Play Off Final is said to be worth about $200m to the winner.

The game is this Saturday and its Derby County vs QPR.

I am a big Derby fan so will be cheering them on at Wembley.

Incidentally, our wage bill is 12m per year vs QPR 78m per year (higher than Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid) so all the pressure is on QPR this weekend.

Will the game be on TV in the US or do they only show PL games?
Not sure if the game will be on but I have watched a lot of PL games this season. I absolutely love watching European soccer, partly because of the announcers.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #15
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

I really wish US professional sports had a similar system. It makes the games the bottom of the pack play actually interesting later on in the year. In the NFL, once your season goes south, you might as well write off the entire season and hope for a better draft pick. In the EPL, if you do this, you're toast.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #16
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

MLB would be improved with this system.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #17
BritishCock
Walk On

Male

It is a difficult one. What is interesting about US Sports is that a team can go from the worst team in the league to a play-off team very quickly. Many people over here are a bit fed up with the PL as the money disparity between the top and bottom means that the same 5-6 teams will always finish at the top.

Some sort of mixture between the two would be the ideal but it would be very difficult to implement change in any major league as teams would vote against it
Old 05-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #18
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
I really wish US professional sports had a similar system. It makes the games the bottom of the pack play actually interesting later on in the year. In the NFL, once your season goes south, you might as well write off the entire season and hope for a better draft pick. In the EPL, if you do this, you're toast.
Love it. Installing a relegation system would be awesome. Worst team in the NFL goes to the Arena League.

Record vs. Clemson as a USC student: 5-0
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #19
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
It is a difficult one. What is interesting about US Sports is that a team can go from the worst team in the league to a play-off team very quickly. Many people over here are a bit fed up with the PL as the money disparity between the top and bottom means that the same 5-6 teams will always finish at the top.

Some sort of mixture between the two would be the ideal but it would be very difficult to implement change in any major league as teams would vote against it
It's not the difference in relegation there and none here that makes that difference. Quickest fix for that disparity is spending caps.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #20
mater
Class of '02

Male

CockyCash: 100380
mater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot materialmater is USC mascot material

As a Chelsea fan and having seen Crystal Palace beat the Blues this season...I would have to say Palace.

"When a suitcase just won't do."
mater is offline   Reply With Quote