CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
BiggerLSUfan
The Yancey
WeStill0wnUSC
Lonnie
USCBASEBALL1
markp_vip
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1026)
Ranking the Opposing (703)
Not a Rival.. (530)
Gamecock Coaches as (506)
help with army insig (393)
NCAA Football 15 (241)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (224)
I'm a grand godfathe (221)
George Miller revisi (170)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (153)
2015 - Mon Denson
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Section 16
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Marching band
Good Article for those co
Hello Gamecocks!
NCAA Football 15
Muschamp + fan = win
2014-15 Premier League se

Old 05-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #21
cockysousa
Battle

Male

CockyCash: 300
cockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Mississippi State GAME Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr
I think I heard on "The Game" this morning that the Yardcocks are 5-1 when hosting a Super and 1-8 when not hosting a Super. Did I hear that correctly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
Yes. I've tried very hard to block it form my memory . . . but sadly our only loss as a Super Regional host was when we were the #1 seed in 2000. We were something ridiculous like 50-6 in the regular season. We swept the Regional and won the opening game of the Super Regional before losing the next two games to La-La. Finshed the year 56-10 and didnt make it to Omaha. But we haven't lost a Super Regional at home since.
I think I'm pretty good at math. . . Am I missing something? How does that add to 5-1? I'm not trying to start something. I'm just sincerely asking.
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! - Dr. Seuss
cockysousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #22
cockysousa
Battle

Male

cockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talonscockysousa has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockysousa View Post

I think I'm pretty good at math. . . Am I missing something? How does that add to 5-1? I'm not trying to start something. I'm just sincerely asking.
Or does the 5-1 record mean the whole super regional itself? Ahh . . . NM. . .
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! - Dr. Seuss
Old 05-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #23
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

We've hosted 6 Supers and are 5-1 in them.
2000 (L), 2002 (W), 2003 (W), 2004 (W), 2011 (W), 2012 (W)
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #24
doccock
Super Doc

Male

CockyCash: 500
doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
We weren't the National Seed in 2003.
His point was that a national seed gets you a super regional at home. That is important to us be cause we have only been to the CWS once when we had to play a super on the road.
doc
Old 05-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #25
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
His point was that a national seed gets you a super regional at home. That is important to us be cause we have only been to the CWS once when we had to play a super on the road.
doc
Just getting back to reading what I posted and it wasn't very clear what I meant. Thanks for clearing it up.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #26
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by doccock View Post
doc
Yes, and later I stated that I clearly knew what he meant, but the statement was still wrong. Just having some fun folks. Gotta have some fun if you're going to be a Gamecock fan.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #27
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

We all know what the #1 rule is in the Baseball forum.
Rule #2 is make sure you got your facts straight !..........or else............boom !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #28
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Gotta have some fun if you're going to be a Gamecock fan.
There is no fun in Baseball.

At least, it seems that way reading 80% of the posts on here
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #29
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 220685
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Guessing State will be the "road" team so I wonder what uniforms they'll pull out tonight - have to figure they're worth at least a couple runs due to the opponents staring and laughing at them
Hail no.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #30
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

FAIL State?
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:52 PM   #31
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 200
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Add we are 16-0 at home during the post season at Carolina Stadium..... so why do we want to play at home again???
Old 05-21-2014, 04:01 PM   #32
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Both us and UNC were #2 seeds that won their Regionals. We simply got the Super because we had better facilities at The Sarge than UNC, and I'm certain out bid them too. They didn't remodel their stadium until Fall 2007.
I remember that because we went to a super in 07' that we should have won, and they were talking about how the stadium i sat in wasnt going to be there, they were going to like tear it down and rebuild it. It definitely wasnt as good as sarge. The only nice thing was they had a scoreboard that looked nice, i remember that

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #33
cockysousa
Battle

Male

Quote:
We've hosted 6 Supers and are 5-1 in them.
2000 (L), 2002 (W), 2003 (W), 2004 (W), 2011 (W), 2012 (W)
Yeah, I realized where the 5-1 came from about half a second after I hit "submit reply." Haha!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #34
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Is this game going to be carried by Time Warner Cable?
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #35
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemon View Post
Is this game going to be carried by Time Warner Cable?
Was wondering the same.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #36
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Rocking in Jaco beach and tring to find what channel carries fthe game in english. Im pumped. We finished strong and I want us to take another whack at UF
Old 05-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #37
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 476200
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Question? Is CSS carried by Direct TV or is Direct TV carrying the game on any channel
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #38
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1782750
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybusiness2 View Post
Question? Is CSS carried by Direct TV or is Direct TV carrying the game on any channel
No and I don't think so.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #39
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

I am wondering about what chan on TWC as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #40
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

no CSS for TWC people... I think CSS is on the Dish and Direct TV somewhere