CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
peterlemon
Kyle76
bcolinc
zcoop
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
garnet_black215
18IsTheMan
ecugrad
The Demise of the 3- (2222)
East Carolina Predic (1468)
Pirate Depth Chart (1322)
Why didn't Wes Green (1166)
A&M on 3rd down (569)
You guys are horribl (566)
Did we ever go after (517)
Finally Cooled Off (473)
louisville (414)
It's the offenses no (382)
East Carolina Prediction
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Watching the Georgia game
Name a Gamecock
louisville
What would be your defini
Eastern Michigan's Concre
THIS is why we don't give
Gamecock football Long Te

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Fighting a "Rolled Through Stop Sign" Ticket. Worth it?

About an hour ago on my way home, I pass through a 4-way stop that I go through every single day. I'm a pretty cautious driver because something serious would affect my employment and I don't speed because I don't believe it gets you anywhere significantly faster. Never had a citation in my life before.

At any rate, there was a moped in front of me as I approached the stop sign. The moped scooted about 2 lengths of the moped in front of me and came to a stop while I came up behind him and stopped (at the actual line) then crept forward looking left and right then cross the intersection.

After 30 seconds, I heard a siren and noticed the lights behind me. A 4'7" policewoman tells me I rolled through the stop sign and asked if I was distracted or in a hurry, which I was not. I told her I'm certain I stopped and have never been issued a traffic violation in my life and that I go through that intersection 2 times a day. She issued a $153 citation.

Do I have any chance in hell of fighting this in court or just pay up? It's only $153, but I can find a lot of other things to throw that cash at.

Any thing I should do to prepare myself in fighting it? Photos of intersection? Check to see if line is well painted? Obstructed at all?

Or am I pissing my time away and the one wearing the badge is always going to be right?

Last edited by ColaCock; 05-21-2014 at 06:44 PM.
ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote