CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Sandstorm29
MWard
robgusc76
Wilds & Carson B (2499)
Marquavius Lewis (2429)
So, why is next year (2283)
How Long Will The Re (1473)
Restaurant musts in (1074)
Why do so many of yo (1016)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (820)
Shot in the arm for (809)
Custom Jersey (431)
5 Gourmet Foods That (290)
Why do so many of you guy
Frank Martin's Game has b
2015 Commitment - Dante S
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit
Further clarification on
Marquavius Lewis
The Vent and Coaching cha
Previewing Clemson
2015 - Mark Fields

Old 05-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #161
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

CockyCash: 500
TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Tannered, rested & ready, eh?
Won't happen with a leggitite. They always play up tight.
TheUniversityofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #162
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002
Default Re: **2014 SEC Tourney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Who would be the "home" team? I know Ole Miss is #2 seed but the naval plumbers do have a win in the tourney.
Not sure about the SEC Tourney, but I believe in the NCAAs, the same team is not allowed to be the "home" team in two consecutive games. If both teams were the "home" team in their last game, they flip a coin. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what I heard in one of our regionals a few years ago.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #163
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Not SEC but GT up 5-3 over Miami top 9.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:09 PM   #164
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhusc2002 View Post
Not sure about the SEC Tourney, but I believe in the NCAAs, the same team is not allowed to be the "home" team in two consecutive games. If both teams were the "home" team in their last game, they flip a coin. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what I heard in one of our regionals a few years ago.
We were the home team in the 1st game in 2012 and in the Saturday game vs Clemson. So we have been the home team in back to back games in a Regional.

Last year we were the home team vs. St. Louis, visitors vs. Liberty, and then home vs. Liberty.

As for the SEC Tournament, I'm not sure if they simply coin flip after the today or not. I can't remember.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #165
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Not SEC but GT up 5-3 over Miami top 9.
Canes lose!! That has to help our NS chances.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #166
wshell
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 31680
wshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurswshell has earned his spurs

Is the tournament blacked out on CSS or are they just showing the GAC food show until games start back?
wshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:36 PM   #167
jesse james
4-Star

Male

jesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spursjesse james has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Canes lose!! That has to help our NS chances.
Yep - Miami, Mississippi and Vandy all early losses in conference tournament play sure helps. We need to take care of business tonight for sure.

Miami plays Clemson tomorrow. If I thought that a Tigger loss would keep them out of the NCAA tournament it would be a no-brainer . . . but if they're in anyway I think I'd just as soon have them go ahead and knock off Miami again tomorrow.

Some folks say that either the SEC or the ACC will three National seeds, but probably not both . . . ACC doesnt deserve three National Seeds, and if Miami doesn't get one then I think that would make us a lock!
jesse james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #168
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Clemson is in with that win today... Yeah, gotta root for their asses.... As for UK/UF, is AJ Reed throwing tonight for UK?
Old 05-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #169
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

aj reed pitched last night for uk. Either way, UK is up 4-1 on UF in the 3rd. I would love to have another shot at uk, especially because it would be their 3rd game in 3 days.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #170
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
aj reed pitched last night for uk. Either way, UK is up 4-1 on UF in the 3rd. I would love to have another shot at uk, especially because it would be their 3rd game in 3 days.
Agree... And their 3rd starter is garbage... We win tonight, I really like our chances tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #171
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Let's keep the cart behind the horse! However, I like what you are thinking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #172
GabbieM
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 850
GabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudlyGabbieM is crowing loudly

Double, Triple, or HR for gators would be great right now... due to better RPI (if we win/win) tbh.

We know we can beat florida.. we basically did twice until we just let them creep back in.
GabbieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #173
ThisMr X
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabbieM View Post
Double, Triple, or HR for gators would be great right now... due to better RPI (if we win/win) tbh.

We know we can beat florida.. we basically did twice until we just let them creep back in.
All we have to do us survive longer than ole miss or vandy and well be good at this point.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #174
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Well I'm guessing we need to pull for Vandy this morning over Ole Miss. If you read my posts in the game thread...we are vying for a national seed with Ole Miss. We need them out of the tourney.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #175
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
Well I'm guessing we need to pull for Vandy this morning over Ole Miss. If you read my posts in the game thread...we are vying for a national seed with Ole Miss. We need them out of the tourney.

I agree.

I know this is blasphemy but another team we might want to pull for is Clemson. If they can beat Miami that would help too.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #176
uscJustin06
4-Star

Male

uscJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervous

Let's go Vandy. Win today and Lose tomorrow!
uscJustin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #177
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Vandy 1-0 bottom 1st
jojaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #178
jojaba71
Recruit

Male

jojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his combjojaba71 is developing his comb

Vandy and Ole Miss tied at 1 top of the 3rd
jojaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #179
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material

Not good...Ole Miss just took a 2-1 lead in the 6th
Old 05-22-2014, 01:30 PM   #180
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

Vandy's pitcher Beede...his day is done...he hits the first two Ole Miss batters in the 7th...looks like Ole Miss is gonna take this one...again not good