CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
COCKYTALKIN
taylorssc
Outland
The Yancey
RGHoskins
smoovecock
The Gator Bowl wants (1993)
USC will upset Aubur (1576)
In-state QB talent (1271)
In-state QB talent (968)
Texas athletic direc (740)
Which loss hurt wors (724)
Ranking the SEC Foot (582)
USC Picked 12th By S (512)
Rank the QBs under S (469)
BA ranks recruiting (454)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Who start on the d line t
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Thoughts on the basketbal
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Google finally gets it ri
Ranking the SEC Football
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
lack of production=

Old 05-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #41
GamecockInAugusta
Honor, Duty, Apostrophes.

Male

CockyCash: 10019050
GamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot materialGamecockInAugusta is USC mascot material
Default Re: Galaxy 5s or wait for iPhone 6

The Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8 are much more powerful phones than the iPhone 5S and its predecessors. Better camera too. But most people don't need the power. Go into a store and play with both phones. See which one fits your eye better. They all basically do the same things. The iPhone does restrict you to proprietary files and software in most instances.

Also, no cloud service is perfect. iCloud will randomly erase everything, Google will stop syncing your pictures without warning, Verizon's cloud service will sometimes not work properly.

To someone who asked earlier, back up your videos and pictures. Verizon probably won't transfer them to the new phone. Your best bet is to put them on Google Drive, Dropbox, Verizon Cloud, or any of the myriad cloud services out there. Better yet, save them to multiple cloud services and also onto your PC.

-Verizon employee
Old 05-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #42
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

galaxy 4s here. not an iphone fan
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #43
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Change the battery? What is this 1995?

Older devices? What does that even mean?
You might want a bigger battery or you might be going on a trip (camping, hunting etc...) where you want to bring an extra charged battery to swap out so you can use the phone all the time without worrying about draining your battery. Typically, you don't need an extra battery, but when you do, it's very handy. I would never buy a phone without a removable battery unless every manufacturer eventually goes that way.

Must haves on any phone I buy.
Removable battery
Standard USB charging
Micro SD Slot

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #44
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

LG G3
Old 06-05-2014, 09:16 AM   #45
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I wish I was patient and waited for the S5 but I got an iPhone 5s back in February because I was ready to stop paying Sprint money for crap service (my contract had ended in December 2013). Signed with Verizon got $200 for my iPhone 4s which I paid $200 for in December '11 then Verizon gave me $100 because I signed up in February 2014. ANYWAYS... yeah..... Galaxy is my next phone so I guess that'll be in the S7 in 2016.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #46
scargamecocks87
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
scargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudlyscargamecocks87 is crowing loudly

why do people continue to ask the stupid question. the iphone is the most outdated piece of crap out there. nothing about that operating system changes nor does the phone itself. small battery fragile glass screen and back. limited accessability. you restrict your self the day you buy that phone. Get the GS5 or the Note 3. just stop even contemplating the Iphone please i beg you.
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:43 AM   #47
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

When is the S6 coming out? Don't they usually like to launch the phone in August or September to coordinate with schools starting? I heard the S6 is going to have a 16 core processor and a 21 MP camera as well as have cat 6 capabilities.

I'm eligible to upgrade from the S3 right now, so I was wondering should I go ahead and do the S5 or wait a few more months and get the S6 (if it is released in August/September.) I've also seen that it won't be out until the 2nd half of 2015, so if that's the case I'll get the S5 now.

As far as the whole Samsung/iPhone thing, I prefer the Samsung not only against the iPhones, but against any model. I had the HTC when it first came out as a smart phone, and the Samsung is far more durable and functionally better.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #48
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
When is the S6 coming out? Don't they usually like to launch the phone in August or September to coordinate with schools starting? I heard the S6 is going to have a 16 core processor and a 21 MP camera as well as have cat 6 capabilities.
That's insane given where we were at just 5 years ago.

davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:17 AM   #49
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
That's insane given where we were at just 5 years ago.
I know. It's really amazing about the camera function of these models too. The S3 has an 8MP camera, the S5 doubles that at 16MP. This S6 is supposed to have the capability to capture 4K video recording, so I was wondering if they are actually going to make it a 4K display as well.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #50
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post

I'm eligible to upgrade from the S3 right now, so I was wondering should I go ahead and do the S5 or wait a few more months and get the S6 (if it is released in August/September.) I've also seen that it won't be out until the 2nd half of 2015, so if that's the case I'll get the S5 now.

As far as the whole Samsung/iPhone thing, I prefer the Samsung not only against the iPhones, but against any model. I had the HTC when it first came out as a smart phone, and the Samsung is far more durable and functionally better.
Depends on if you want Android or Tizen - http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wir...ne-3q-23953035. Samsung has already announced they want to move away from Android which will be very interesting and if it is totally or just a partial move. They want to be able to control their OS instead of Google.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #51
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Just got my S5 Active in the mail last night and so far it blows the iphone out of the water.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #52
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
Just got my S5 Active in the mail last night and so far it blows the iphone out of the water.
Hows the feel of it? Its suppose to be identical internally to the s5

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #53
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan53186 View Post
Hows the feel of it? Its suppose to be identical internally to the s5

I think it's a little thicker and heavier than the regular S5, but considering you don't need a bulky case that will all even out. definitely feels nice and sturdy, supposed to be made to mil spec so it should hold up. Guess the only drawback from the S5 is that you don't get the finger print scanner.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #54
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think it's a little thicker and heavier than the regular S5, but considering you don't need a bulky case that will all even out. definitely feels nice and sturdy, supposed to be made to mil spec so it should hold up. Guess the only drawback from the S5 is that you don't get the finger print scanner.
I heard the finger print scanner wasn't that great anyway.

What did you have before? I wonder what's the jump between it and the s4 active

Old 06-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #55
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan53186 View Post
I heard the finger print scanner wasn't that great anyway.

What did you have before? I wonder what's the jump between it and the s4 active

I had an iphone 4 before. From what I read the S4 active had a worse camera and display than the S4, but the S5 Active has the same diplay and camera as the S5, so it seems to me that going from the S4 Active to the S5 Active is almost like going up 1 and 1/2 generations.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #56
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I had an iphone 4 before. From what I read the S4 active had a worse camera and display than the S4, but the S5 Active has the same diplay and camera as the S5, so it seems to me that going from the S4 Active to the S5 Active is almost like going up 1 and 1/2 generations.
Thanks. Just wish I didn't have to pay 200 for it

Old 07-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #57
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

$600 either way or a 2yr contract on your soul. Personal preference.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #58
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I just got the Galaxy S5 a few weeks ago, I had the GS3 before that. The S5 has MUCH better battery life, the camera is night and day better and the video stabilzation feature is really on point. The speed when using the internet or 4G network is really good.

There's a really intersting Ultra Battery Saving mode, turns the screen to a b/w, limits activity and performance, but I could run that phone for a week on 1 charge. Theres another battery saving mode that keeps a lot of the functionality and screen/colors, but limits performance and shuts down apps you're not using, this also extends the charge life with a click of the button.

The product is a lot faster when i'm streaming video over the network. Also, I like the new call log features that I didn't have on the S3.