CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
IBleedGarnetandBlack
b381l
18IsTheMan
GH
yazoo
Cockypantherfan
The Yancey
Acockolypse Now
garnet_black215
Confused fan here. (4363)
Is anybody still opt (4009)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (2128)
How were the Aggie f (1400)
Will Gameday still c (1033)
Heck of an atmospher (916)
Play for next year (854)
Priority #1: Teach T (801)
Ward's D has a patte (793)
great pic (735)
I hate a thief
Confused fan here. Why i
Watching other games
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.
Step back from the ledge
2015 Commitment - Shameik
Plugging Holes W/Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Michael
So, Dylan Thompson?
Is anybody still optimist

Old 05-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #21
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material
Default Re: Article: New freshmen eligibility standards coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockySpaniel View Post
Ah, I was wondering why the sudden creation of "bridge" programs with area tech schools and USC / Clemson.
I'm sure similar programs have popped up across the country in anticipation of this new rule.
Again, could someone please explain to me why anybody thinks this new rule has anything to do with prep or JUCO schools? I don't see how that has anything to do with this rule.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #22
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

GIC - look at this.

https://twitter.com/CoachDekeAdams/s...989888/photo/1

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #23
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

It appears to me you basically substitute test scores for a redshirt?

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 04:20 PM   #24
wildwes
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
wildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurswildwes has earned his spurs

Wow, 40% of the players who enrolled last fall would have had to take an academic red shirt.

The percent may be higher for 5Star players who currently rarely reshirt. So superstar players who do not make the grade will only have 2 years of college playing time. I wonder if Clowney would have had to be take a academic redshirt.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #25
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
It appears to me you basically substitute test scores for a redshirt?
Thanks C2. I actually read those same standards from the NCAA's eligibility center when I was reading about this. My point is that with the new standards or the old standards, you still can get into school with a 2.0. The only difference now is that if you've got less than a 2.3, you're riding the pine as a freshman.

In that twitter post, you can see that the JUCO or prep kids would still be the ones listed there as "Non Qualifier(s)." So my point is still, I don't think this impacts JUCO or Prep at all. If I'm just missing something, somebody please set me straight.

And as to substituting test scores for a redshirt, I don't understand what you mean. If you check this page out, you'll see that the GPA:Test Score requirements are still the same. Literally the only change is that you have to finish your core courses in 4 years and 10 of them before being a senior and that if you want to play as a freshman you need that GPA to be at least .3 higher.

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...ence_Sheet.pdf
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote