CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
El Cid Ranger
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (1852)
Rank the QBs under S (1385)
Back like cooked cra (973)
Tennessee game (656)
Who start on the d l (616)
Google finally gets (471)
No Comments on the H (461)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (345)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (165)
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
If the Head Ball Coach re

Old 05-22-2014, 09:45 AM   #21
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material
Default Re: undrafted player options if not offered CFA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky View Post
Why would he leave school if he didnt think for sure he'd get drafted??
That's the million dollar question.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:46 AM   #22
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Hopefully some of the younger guys paid attention to this and realize how hard it is to make the jump. I'm thinking it will be harder in the future for Juniors to get drafted than it used to be.

Check out this article: Is Staying In School Longer the Secret to a Great NFL Career?

It talks about how Chip Kelly likes to draft college graduates because
Quote:
"No. 1, I think it shows you the intelligence factor, and No. 2, it shows that they’re committed to establishing goals and following through on their goals".
Chip Kelly's thinking was influenced by conversations with Tony Dungy
Quote:
Former coach Tony Dungy, for one, cites the dominant Indianapolis Colts and New England Patriots teams of the early 2000s, which were heavy on college graduates. Of course, they also had Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, two of the best quarterbacks in NFL history (and both four-year players.) Dungy also claims that college graduate are more likely to earn a second NFL contract, suggesting that maturity leads to longer careers.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #23
Bertrous
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bertrous has hatched from the shell

we have a lot a teams in Europe who are looking for FBS players (www.europlayers.com).
I am head coach for a french team, so if you know some players, let me know ;-)
Bertrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:26 PM   #24
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
If they left early, they don't. Unless you are a top 2 rounds pick, why on earth would you give up a free education?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

you guys keep saying this in this thread, do any of you REALLY think Hampton was here for education? Talk to him for 5 minutes, or just watch one of his interviews.

I'm not knocking the kid, but he was obviously here for football, and he got an inflated evaluation apparently. Too many good corners in the class, he should've waited but hey, it is what it is and we have more than reloaded. Looks like it could be the beginning of the best secondary we have ever had, and that's saying a lot.

....also, if he could keep his name out of the headlines I say he still has a shot at the big leagues. I'd be willing to bet that cost him a free agent contract

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #25
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I heard some talk show hosts debating this topic this morning and allowing them back into college.

F that. They made a decision and they should wear their big-boy pants from now on. Plus I am sure their scholarships are now used on some other guy, so there really isn't room for them to have a free ride. They are adults and need to live with the decision they made.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote