CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GarnetSwarm1990
Gamecocks1137
kingofnerf
NinjaSven
Jim Lahey
Storm Of Spurs
roosterdude21
Sandstorm29
wincocks84
jonesz2
Marquavius Lewis (2609)
So, why is next year (2445)
How Long Will The Re (1621)
Why do so many of yo (1163)
Restaurant musts in (1161)
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10 (864)
Shot in the arm for (852)
Custom Jersey (463)
5 Gourmet Foods That (325)
Abu Bowl Ready (256)
Nosovitch/bowl/ question.
The Vent and Coaching cha
Previewing Clemson
2016 - Jordan Giberti
looks like we have 2 OL r
How Long Will The Rebuild
Marquavius Lewis
2015 Signee - Sherrod Pit
Why do so many of you guy
Frank Martin's Game has b

Old 05-23-2014, 05:42 PM   #101
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit
Default Re: Marcus Lattimore statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayserv View Post
Spurticus, I agree. I really like the way you write. How about this question (sorry to change subject), I think Brandon Wilds is better than Mike Davis, and this year Brandon will do what he did his first year. What do you think.
I was a a big believer in Wilds being the better of the two until 2013 when Davis changed gears and set himself above any other RB at USC.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:00 PM   #102
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

I agree that Lattimore shouldn't have a statue. If we're only going by impact and statistics, why not throw Syvelle Newton in the mix? Dude basically carried the team in 2006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Does Big George have a statue? He at least won the Heisman.
George Rogers is the only person in the history of Carolina football that deserves a statue right now. Spurrier will when he's done, regardless of SEC and national championship(s) won. Sustained greatness an success at a high level is worthy of being honored, particularly when it's never happened before. I wouldn't be on board with Morrison having a statue though. All he did was get us to #2 in the nation and beat Clemson a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
I would like to see us do what UNC basketball does with retiring jerseys and numbers.

Reserve retiring numbers for the highest honors, like heisman winner.

For those who aren't on that level, but still did a lot for the program, retire their jersey, and hang a replica of it somewhere inside the stadium. Do that for people like Lattimore, Shaw and Clowney. You honor their number without taking the number out of circulation.
So, what exactly is Carolina's official approach to honoring great players besides retiring numbers? Do we have a ring of honor or other various levels of achievement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky chick View Post
Why do we need a statue when we can always see the real thing in his favorite spot (along with the Heisman)? Love Big George, but I always do get a chuckle out of him and his entourage at every game with his trophy.
We should put of a statue of him holding his Heisman statue.

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #103
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

the ad policy enacted back in 2001 is to no longer retire numbers, but to retire jerseys instead. i cant see them amending it at any point either. retire the jersey keeping the number in circulation and then leave it up to the current coach if he allows a player to wear the number of a retired jersey.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #104
Cocked & Locked
4-Star

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

I love Marcus so much I named my Boykin Spaniel Lattimore, but I don't think he deserves a statue.

As far as winning the NC to get a statue we have never been anywhere close to being in contention for the NC. Hell I may never see us win a NC in my lifetime but if I do it will be the biggest celebration ever.

Right now George is the only person that deserves a statue. Not only for winning the Heisman but everything he has done for the University. He does so much for USC that many are not aware of. If it were not for George I would have not stayed in school and graduated. He and one of the Dean's sat me down and pounding in my head that there was a life after my football career was cut short and I should continue with by business degree. So glad I listened.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:23 PM   #105
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

My cat is Stephen Marcus Cattimore.