CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
OriginalGamecock
CockyATO
JerseyBird
Eaders
kabercr2
GregoryHouse
Gamecock in TX
Legalman72
GamecockNeal
acejrock
3 Reasons USC will b (1547)
Nunez workout video (839)
2016 - Will Putnam (553)
Hate that he is in t (506)
3 teams' records tha (311)
Most Patriotic SEC M (247)
Happy Whit Monday! (218)
Byron Jerideau (137)
East Speculations
2015 NBA Playoffs thread
Byron Jerideau
Nunez workout video
3 Reasons USC will be Eas
Gamecock Golf
EXTEND MARTIN'S CONTRACT
What If?
2015 record predictions:
For all those who are str

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 01:29 AM   #6601
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Juval Mollette

Quote:
Mollette is certainly a big receiver at 6-foot-4 and 186 pounds and he catches the football well, but he's not quite as fast as he needs to be to gain serious separation. While he has had some solid performances this spring, the wide receiver competition hasn't been the best where he's been and he hasn't show that expected long-strider speed. He's a very good possession receiver right now who can be a red zone guy, but we'll see if he can show that deep threat ability this summer and during the season. UNC seems to be the leader with Clemson, Virginia Tech, Tennessee and Michigan also in the mix. - Mike Farrell, Rivals.com National Recruiting Director
Link: https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?C...2682&PT=4&PR=2

Quote:
WR Juval Mollette of Randleman, NC has gone back and forth between Clemson and North Carolina as his favorite. He visited Chapel Hill a couple of weekends ago with his mother and that has elevated the Tar Heels back to the point where the Tigers had resided for weeks after he visited there.
“My mom liked it, that was the main reason for us going,” Mollette said. “I took her to Clemson also and she liked it. She said she likes (North) Carolina more. She said she liked their spirit and she felt like they would take good care of me if I went there.”
Mollette said it’s been a little while since he last talked to Clemson though he’s had some social interaction and received mail from them. Jeff Scott and Robbie Caldwell from Clemson have been thru this spring.
Mollette plans to return to Clemson for a camp this summer and he is also going to take visits to Tennessee and Virginia Tech and will try to get to Michigan. Those three make up the final part of his top five.
“Everybody in my top five has a chance,” Mollette said. “I just favored out Clemson and Carolina because they were recruiting me the hardest at the time.”
Mollette said he won’t have a decision until the end or June or early July.
On a side note, Mollette said he lives about four minutes from the home of Richard Petty and his grandson is the starting quarterback on their team and is one of his best friends.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ace-isnt-over/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-24-2014 at 01:57 AM..
Old 05-24-2014, 01:30 AM   #6602
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Josh Sweat

Quote:
Sweat was extremely impressive at the RCS Baltimore-Washington D.C. and at other stops in the spring. There aren't many players in the country that can match up with his pure athletic talent and God-given ability. Now that Sweat has really filled out his frame and expanded his arsenal of pass rushing, there's no telling how good he could be. Sweat is hard to read when it comes to recruiting, but Virginia Tech has long been rumored to be the favorite with Ohio State also mentioned quite a bit. - Adam Friedman, Rivals.com Mid-Atlantic Recruiting Analyst
Link: https://www.rivals.com/content.asp?C...2383&PT=4&PR=2

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-24-2014, 01:31 AM   #6603
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Jacques Patrick

Quote:
Patrick is big, physical and fast on film and he showed his ability to be a three-down back in camp settings this spring. He catches the ball well, he showed he could work at running back or receiver at RCS Orlando and he has that extra gear that is needed. Florida State, Ohio State, Alabama and Oregon seem to be the top schools right now. - Mike Farrell, Rivals.com National Recruiting Director

Old 05-24-2014, 01:32 AM   #6604
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - George Campbell

Quote:
There's no question Campbell is one of the more impressive athletes in this year's class, but the question continues to surface about whether or not he's a true wide receiver. He continues to struggle catching the ball consistently, and all the physical tools in the world don't matter to a wide receiver if he can't make catches. Some believe that his size and speed may translate to the defensive side of the ball, but as a receiver he just doesn't have the complete game that other five stars do in this class. Since decommiting from Michigan, Campbell has played his recruitment close to the vest. However, Florida and Clemson are two schools very much in the mix heading into the summer. - Woody Wommack, Rivals.com Southeast Recruiting Analyst

Old 05-24-2014, 01:33 AM   #6605
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - RayRay McCloud III

Quote:
McCloud is one of the most dynamic athletes in the country and can play on either side of the ball. His strength is on offense, where he cuts on a dime, easily gets separation from defenders and has excellent ball skills. McCloud is wide open in the recruiting process but will visit UCLA, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Michigan and Michigan State soon. Oregon and West Virginia are also schools mentioned often with McCloud. - Mike Farrell, Rivals.com National Recruiting Director

Old 05-24-2014, 01:34 AM   #6606
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Tim Irvin

Quote:
Irvin is up to 190 pounds but hasn't lost a bit of the speed that helps make him one of the most explosive all-purpose backs in the country. Irvin will never be mistaken for a big bruising running back, but now he has the size to absorb hits at the next level as well. Miami seems to be the team to beat but Clemson, Florida, FSU, LSU, Ohio State, West Virginia and others have been mentioned. - Woody Wommack, Rivals.com Southeast Recruiting Analyst

Old 05-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #6607
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Tyler Carr

Quote:
Tyler Carr is still a guy we absolutely love when it comes to potential and a high ceiling, but he is still a work in progress. He tends to overset at times and really struggles when defenders cross over. Still new to the offensive line, he is progressing but there are things to work on. Alabama and Auburn will likely battle this one out, but Georgia is also in the mix. - Mike Farrell, Rivals.com National Recruiting Director

Old 05-24-2014, 01:36 AM   #6608
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Shyheim Tuttle

Quote:
It's been a tough offseason for Tuttle, who continues to battle injuries. At his size and at this point in his development, being out an extended period of time will only hinder his growth. We look forward to seeing how he recovers and performs over the summer and heading into the fall. Tuttle has been very quiet about the recruiting process, but Alabama, Clemson and North Carolina seem to be out in front, with the Tar Heels having the edge. - Woody Wommack, Rivals.com Southeast Recruiting Analyst

Old 05-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #6609
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Darian Roseboro

Quote:
Roseboro has good upside, but he's growing into a bit of a 'tweener and it's hard to figure where he'll end up along the defensive line. He is 6-foot-4 and 283 pounds, so he could end up moving inside in college because he's not as explosive off the edge as he used to be. He's still very strong and hard to stop, however. He just came out with his top 10 which consists of N.C. State, Michigan, Clemson, Tennessee, Ohio State, Florida, LSU, UNC, Alabama and Duke. - Mike Farrell, Rivals.com National Recruiting Director

Quote:
DE Darian Roseboro of Lincolnton, NC put out his top ten list last week. USC was not included but that hasn’t stopped the Gamecocks from trying to make it a top 11. The Gamecocks got on Roseboro late and that has him willing to take a look at what USC has to offer.
“I want to get down there and get a good feel for it in person,” Roseboro said. “They just want me to experience all they have to offer.”
Roseboro is not sure why the Gamecocks have increased their interest level of late, but it is of no concern to him.
“Maybe they were busy with the ’14 class, I don’t really know, but it doesn’t matter,” he said. “After I check them out, I’ll know if I’m interested in them.”
Clemson did make his list. He has visited the Tigers twice and said his relationship with recruiter Marion Hobby is a good one.
“He’s one of the main reasons I like Clemson,” Roseboro said. “It’s a nice campus and kind of away from everything. I like that. It’s also close to home.”
Other visits he plans to take over the summer are to Michigan and Tennessee. Roseboro would like to narrow his list to five by the end of the summer.
The other schools in his top ten are NC State, Michigan, Tennessee, Ohio State, Florida, LSU, North Carolina, Alabama and Duke.
He does not have favorite in his top ten right now.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-end-roseboro/

Last edited by CoverTwo; 05-24-2014 at 02:03 AM..
Old 05-24-2014, 01:54 AM   #6610
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Brandon Sandifer

Quote:
USC and Alabama have been the two favorites of OL Brandon Sandifer (6-3 326) of Warner Robins, GA and that remains the case as the spring evaluation period heads towards the finish line. Both have been thru this spring as have recruiters from Clemson, Georgia Tech, Nebraska and Florida State.
“Me and (USC recruiter) coach Botkin are pretty close,” Sandifer set. “They are pushing pretty hard for me.”
Sandifer has visited USC, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Louisville and Florida State. He will go to some camps this summer and won’t make a decision until after his official visits.
Sandifer expects to be a guard in college.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...eman-sandifer/

Old 05-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #6611
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - J.J. Arcega-Whiteside

Quote:
Several schools have joined the fray for WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside of Dorman. Wake Forest has been his leader but with offers coming from Georgia Tech, Maryland, Pitt, Virginia, Harvard and Miami-Ohio among others, Arcega-Whiteside will slow things down a bit.
“Wake Forest still leads but I do want to take as many visits as I can before I commit,” he admitted. “I’ll probably try and commit before the season starts.”
Arcega-Whiteside continues to receive two-to-three visits each day from college coaches while his team goes through spring practice and would not be surprised should he receive more offers. He still hears from Clemson and USC but said that it goes from hot to cold and back to hot.
“I still hear from both schools but it is sporadic,” he said. “Sometimes I hear from them a lot and then suddenly I won’t hear from either for a while.”
He will attend camps at the two in-state schools this summer and is still looking into other visits and camps. “I’m not sure where I’ll go but I want to see as many schools as I can, Arcega-Whiteside said. “Obviously I want the schools that are offering me the most.”
His other offers are from Wake Forest, Furman, Elon, Old Dominion, James Madison, Appalachian State and Charlotte.
He did not give a date for a decision.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...test-recruits/

Old 05-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #6612
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Austin Clark

Quote:
OL Austin Clark of Lexington, VA has set June 12th for his announcement date. The weekend prior to that he will narrow his current list of seven down to four and will pick from that. USC is one of his final seven and he plans to visit the Gamecocks one final time on May 31st. He also visited the Gamecocks in the spring for a practice. Clark said he’s also looking at visiting Virginia Tech and Tennessee before he decides.
Clark said he’s getting a strong push from USC at this point.
“They definitely made it a point that I’m a priority for them,” Clark said. “Coach Elliott was the first one to come by and coach Adams is going to come by next week. They have definitely made their point that I’m a priority down there. What first got me interested in them is how great of a football program they have and what coach Spurrier has been doing. After I went down there I got a better perspective on everything and I liked everything I saw.”
Clark has a final seven of USC, Clemson, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Penn State and Ohio State. Last week Tennessee, Virginia and Virginia Tech came thru to check on the offensive tackle.
“I’m pretty confident in the schools right now that I’m considering,” he said. “I’m really sure one of the ones in my top seven is going to be a perfect fit for me. I’m really liking a couple but the reason I’m going to narrow it down to four is that I want those four to be the ones I’m really, really confident about.”
Clark will announce his decision live on the local TV station in Lexington during the 6:00 PM news.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...on-next-month/

Old 05-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #6613
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Maurice Smitherman

Quote:
Clemson is among the top four for DB Maurice Smitherman (5-9 180) of Adamsville, AL. Smitherman has Clemson, Mississippi State, Florida State and Georgia on his list.
“I don’t really have a favorite but Clemson and Mississippi State have a slight lead (over Georgia and Florida State,” he said.
Smitherman plans to attend camps at his top two schools over the summer. He likes what the Tigers are telling him.
“They’re telling me what I can do and what I can accomplish there,” Smitherman said. “I really like what I’m hearing from them.”
It will not be his first visit to the Upstate. Smitherman attended Clemson’s final home game last season. He enjoyed the trip but is looking forward to returning this summer.
“I liked what I saw but I didn’t get to see everything,” he said. “From what I saw, they’ve got really nice facilities and a pretty campus.”
He remains unsure of when his decision will be made and has plans to take at least two official visits.
As a junior he totaled 42 tackles, nine for loss, five pass deflections, three interceptions and four touchdowns. Two of his scores were on the offensive side of the ball. He had one interception return for a score and a blocked field goal attempt for another.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-his-fab-four/

Old 05-24-2014, 02:00 AM   #6614
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - LaSamuel Davis

Quote:
For several seasons any big time college football player produced at Bamberg-Ehrhardt went to Clemson. The run started with Chris Franklin and continued with Ricky Sapp and Da’Quan Bowers.
USC broke up that flow to the upstate a few seasons back by signing AJ Cann. The Gamecocks also grabbed the next Red Raider in line in tight end Kevin Crosby Jr. who signed in February.
But Clemson appears to be ready to return to the neighborhood. According to a source, the Tigers are now the frontrunner for DE LaSamuel Davis (6-4 216) who will hold a commitment announcement ceremony at his church May 31st at 11:00 AM.
Davis has made three visits to Clemson this year and moved Clemson to the front after he and his parents visited for a junior day in February. He also visited Clemson in March and for the spring game in April. Florida also made a strong run at Davis but Clemson continued to make the biggest push.
Davis also has offers from NC State, North Carolina, Oregon, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Kansas State, Southern Cal, UCLA, Virginia Tech, Tennessee and East Carolina.
He missed much of his sophomore season with a deep thigh bruise but bounced back last season with 112 tackles, 38 tackles for loss and 7 sacks.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...t-high-school/

Old 05-24-2014, 02:01 AM   #6615
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Johnathan Sutton

Quote:
LB John Sutton (6-0 227) of Swansea is considered one of the state’s top prospects for the 2015 class yet he’s drawing little interest from USC or Clemson according to his coach Chad Leaphart. He camped at Clemson last year and went to three of their games, yet neither the Tigers nor the Gamecocks have been by to check on him this spring.
“A lot of people fell off after his knee injury,” last season Leaphart said. Florida State, Ohio State and Georgia were some other interested parties before the injury.
Sutton is healthy now and the one of the schools that has stuck with him thru thick and then stands to land him. That would be North Carolina.
“North Carolina is his leader if I had to say one today,” Leaphart said. “He went up there last winter for a basketball game. He’ll probably make a commitment before the season starts. But a lot of people are talking to him and he will visit some this summer.”
Sutton counts offers from the Tar Heels, NC State, Virginia Tech, Duke, Louisville, Tennessee and Auburn according to his coach.
Sutton played in only two games last season before a knee injury ended his season. Sutton was playing running back at the time and suffered a torn ACL while cutting on turf without contact.
“He’s a very explosive player, one of the most explosive I’ve been around,” Leaphart said. “He’s a physical player. Everyone comes away impressed with his physicality.”
As a sophomore, Sutton had 75 tackles with 21 tackles for loss and 6 forced fumbles.
Another Swansea prospect for 2015 in WR Craig Johnson (6-2 200). He had 34 for 600 yards and 9 touchdowns last season. He also plays linebacker and had 65 tackles last season.
Johnson has offers from Marshall, Charlotte and Presbyterian.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...o-chapel-hill/

Old 05-24-2014, 02:02 AM   #6616
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Chris Clark

Quote:
USC has one tight end committed for the 2015 class in Kyle Markway and they are one of the favorites of another tight end in Connor Redmond. They are also in the hunt for one of the nation’s most highly acclaimed tight ends in Chris Clark (6-6 252) of Ridgewood, NJ. Clark attends school in Avon, CT and Tuesday USC recruiter GA Mangus was by the school to visit with him.
Clark wants to visit USC in June before he makes his announcement July 10th at The Opening. The problem is finding a date because he has a pretty full calendar between already committed visits and various camps. He is set to visit Michigan and Michigan State in June.
Clark already has a positive impression about USC football. “It’s a pretty awesome kind of place to play football and you go against the best in practice everyday,” Clark said. “They also have a good idea of what they want to do at tight end, a lot of two tight end sets. There’s a good opportunity to play early, hopefully. And I think it’s an awesome area, South Carolina, with great weather. I hear a lot of good things. And one of my buddies is pretty interested in South Carolina, (OL) Tommy Hatton, and I think it would be really cool to play with him. I have a great interest in South Carolina.”
Clark has USC in his top list along with Tennessee, Michigan State, Michigan, Arizona State and Ohio State which he culled from a list of over 40 offers. There is no leader at this point. He hasn’t visited Michigan State and Arizona State.
Last season Clark had 38 catches for 417 yards and 6 touchdowns.
Clark was once committed to North Carolina but he decommitted earlier this year.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...rospect-clark/

Old 05-24-2014, 02:04 AM   #6617
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Emanuel McGirt

Quote:
OL Emanuel McGirt of Durham released his top 8 schools Friday night…USC, North Carolina, NC State, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, LSU, Florida and Duke. He plans to focus on these programs in his recruiting until he makes his decision in late June.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...nd-wr-charles/

Old 05-24-2014, 02:04 AM   #6618
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Irvin Charles

Quote:
WR Irvin Charles of Haddonville, NJ has cut his list to USC, Penn State, Louisville, Florida, Michigan State, Maryland and Miami.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...nd-wr-charles/

Old 05-24-2014, 02:11 AM   #6619
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default 2015 - Rico Merriweather, Jr.

Quote:
ATH Rico Merriweather Jr. (6-2 190) of Augusta is hearing regularly from USC and plans to attend a camp there this summer. He’s not been offered by the Gamecocks but he senses some real interest.
“South Carolina talks to me a lot,” he said. “They’ve been by several times and want me to go up there and camp. I love everything about South Carolina. They have great coaches, great facilities and great fans. I love the atmosphere up there.”
Merriweather’s only offer thus far is from Michigan State but he’s getting interest from several other programs. He also plans to attend camps at Clemson, Georgia and Georgia Tech over the summer.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...rest-from-usc/

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

Old 05-24-2014, 02:25 AM   #6620
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2015 - Abdul Bello

Quote:
5/19/2014: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Abdul Bello.
per 247 Timeline

Closed Thread