CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Clowneygotcha
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
Evilchicken3
spareparts
Badazcock
Acockolypse Now
eightohhthree
Ahmad
Mike Davis (3270)
Terrible Officiating (1821)
Cack's Toast of the (1732)
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (1539)
If (big IF) we can w (1361)
USC -21 and a hook @ (1277)
Elliott Fry crushes (1255)
No Gurley near the g (1211)
Most Spirited Fan (918)
How the top 25 SHOUL (855)
ESPN is mad that USC beat
If (big IF) we can win bi
Been a pleasure talking w
No Gurley near the goal l
The SEC East schedule fro
Beasley, Sack God
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Most Spirited Fan
Coach Elliott pregame.
Elliott Fry crushes Clems

Old 05-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #41
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Marquavius Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCatfish View Post
I respectfully disagree. Without weighing in on the presence of other fans on this board, I thought this article was on-point about a big target for us. I appreciate info on our recruits regardless of perspective.
Bookmark then, and keep informed about Allbarn. That link was not just about ML and the poster knows exactly what he is doing....and don't think it is only about putting recruiting information about ML. Its one thing to have an Allbarn fan drop some info, but to throw another teams links on this site shouldn't be permitted.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:50 PM   #42
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DE Marquavius Lewis of Hutchinson JC, KS is back at his Greenwood home for a few weeks and will take some time out to visit USC while in his home state. Lewis has scheduled that visit to Columbia for May 17th.
USC has been out to see Lewis this spring and recruiters Deke Adams and Kirk Botkins continue to work him hard via social media and a couple of times a week on the phone.
“They lost Clowney and they are trying to find some guys that can play for them right away,” Lewis said. “They see me fitting in at that position and playing.”
Lewis said Auburn and Alabama are also working him hard like USC but he hasn’t formulated a favorites list at this point. The USC visit will be the only one he’ll make while he’s home. Clemson also offered him but Lewis said he hasn’t heard from the Tigers since then.
Lewis does not plan to make a quick decision and will carry things out until after his season. So no matter what he sees at USC on his visit, he won’t jump in right away with the Gamecocks.
“I want to see all their facilities and their strength program,” Lewis said. “Also what the school education wise has to offer. And how cool are the coaches and players.”
The coolest of the Gamecocks no doubt was Jadeveon Clowney and Lewis was tuned in Thursday night when the Rock Hill native was picked #1 in the NFL Draft. He says for a player like him, a fellow South Carolinian and a fellow defensive end, Clowney’s USC legacy works in favor of the Gamecocks.
“It’s an amazing impact just because he’s a South Carolina kid and South Carolina has been putting out good defensive linemen for the past couple of years and that makes it a way to the NFL.”
Southern Cal and Cincinnati are Lewis’ most recent offers. Some of his others are Alabama, Florida, Kansas State, Tennessee, Arkansas, Miami, Missouri, West Virginia, Louisville and Auburn. He’s also seen coaches from Southern Cal, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, Miami, Florida, Florida State and Texas A&M have come thru this spring.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-to-visit-usc/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #43
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

USC moves to the front with JUCO defensive end Lewis after his visit

May 17, 2014 by Phil Kornblut Leave a Comment

Marquavius Lewis
DE Marquavius Lewis of Hutchinson JC, KS and Greenwood visited USC Saturday with members of his family and the Gamecocks have now moved to the top of his list though he doesn’t plan to make a decision until some point during his season.
“It was everything I wanted to see,” Lewis said. “They answered all of my questions. My family was excited about it and I’m looking hard at USC.”
Lewis said almost all of his time on the visit was spent with defensive line coach Deke Adams who broke down for him what he was looking for from him as a defensive end in his scheme.
“We sat down and talked from a football standpoint and he told me his wants and needs and challenge me a little bit,” Lewis said. “He was asking me what I would do in certain situations. He said I can take my time (on a decision) but he told me I was his guy.”
And USC, Lewis said, feels good to him right now.
“Right now they probably would be at the top,” he ssaid. “My family seemed to like it.”
Lewis has no other visits planned right now and will return to Hutchinson June 1st. He does plan to visit Alabama during the season and wants to return to USC for an official visit. He’s hearing the most right now from USC, Alabama, Auburn, Arizona State, Tennessee and Southern Cal and has offers from each.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #44
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Good news.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #45
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

Come home and represent you state and people at Carolina. I love all the Gamecocks but there's even more pride in SC kids playing for us.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #46
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Lewis, Jones, Durant and Sawyer will be quite the JUCO haul.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:09 PM   #47
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote from Lewis about Carolina.

He was joined in the capital city by his uncle, mother and her husband, and his younger brother.

"They were pretty wild about everything they saw," Lewis said. "They like the idea of me being close to home."

According to Lewis, the trip was enough to place USC into the lead spot on his list of favorites.

"It's pretty high," he said of his interest in the Gamecock program. "I enjoyed the visit and my family did too. They answered all of my questions. They're at the top of the list because of the impact they had on me and my family."

- See more at: https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con....b00waKqC.dpuf
Old 05-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #48
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Where is home? I know the other guys have SC connections.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #49
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 100
weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Where is home? I know the other guys have SC connections.
He's from Greenwood.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #50
rrsandersjr
Blue Chip

Male

rrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his combrrsandersjr is developing his comb

My son played AAU basketball with him..he is a great kid, quiet and unassuming. He rode back from a Myrtle Beach tournament with us and hardly said a word but he always was a a yes sir, no sir kid. He was 6-4 and cut as an eighth grader and everyone thought he was going to be a bball star. He played middle school football but did not play football until his jr season and really started to come on his sr year. He's gained probably 60 pounds since his sr year and looks like he's as quick as ever. Everybody in Greenwood feels that we are in good shape with him.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:05 AM   #51
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Kipp Adams with a CB for USC.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #52
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Another CB for USC.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #53
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Another CB for USC.
12 of 12 for Carolina

this kid's picture looks like he ought to be in the NFL...
Old 05-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #54
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
12 of 12 for Carolina

this kid's picture looks like he ought to be in the NFL...
Only after being in a USC jersey.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #55
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Looks like Auburn is in the picture now.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:58 AM   #56
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Looks like Auburn is in the picture now.
Figured they would be at some point. This guy is a must need so hopefully we can hold them off.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #57
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Rep the home state. You'll never regret it
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #58
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Keith Niebuhr predicted on AUC that both Lewis and Jones will sign with Auburn.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #59
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Keith Niebuhr predicted on AUC that both Lewis and Jones will sign with Auburn.
Dang, that would hurt.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #60
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Losing both players would suck. I hope they are just on a high right now and it wears off..
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote