CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rioninusc
QCB
PageUSC
Regalcock
KaneisAble
Master Bedroom
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
taylorssc
doubledribble
Our Defense? (2093)
Fight, win, kick a-- (888)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (793)
CFN prediction for a (716)
MMA: Holeve (Down Sy (486)
What happened to thi (433)
A simple defensive l (404)
Why I'm hopeful abou (402)
This is War (399)
Ranking Top HC jobs (385)
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
The Gator Bowl wants us!
A simple defensive line &
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
calling all Gamecocks fro
2016 - Issac Nauta
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
Our Defense?
In-state QB talent

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Trenton Thompson - Georgia

Quote:
5/16/2013: South Carolina Gamecocks offer Trenton Thompson
per 247 Timeline

Rivals Bio

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 05-25-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
#7Clowney
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous#7Clowney is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: 2015 - Trenton Thompson

Gamecocks seem offer a lot 5* this class
Old 05-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

UGA has a pretty big lead early, followed by FSU.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawginCola View Post
UGA has a pretty big lead early, followed by FSU.
That seems to be the case. 100% prediction to UGA on 247, if that matters much this early.

He's a big boy, too.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Trenton Brown enrolled at Florida this spring and he is going to compete for playing time this fall. The big offensive lineman played high school ball in Albany, Ga. at Westover High School before playing at Georgia Military College.

Westover has another big-time prospect right now and his name is Trenton too. The two spent a lot of time together at Friday Night Lights.

"Oh yeah, Trenton was showing me around, telling me about Florida, and we hung out a lot," 2015 soon-to-be Scout 100 defensive tackle Trenton Thompson told Scout.
"Trenton told me Florida is the place to be and that I need to be here in a couple of years. I knew Florida was going to move up for me once I visited and that happened today. They have a lot to like."

Auburn made an impression on Thompson last weekend when he camped there, it was Florida's turn Friday.

"Florida moved up to my number two school. Georgia is still in the lead, but Coach [Will] Muschamp told me that I'd like it when I visited and he was right. When we talked, he had my attention and we had a nice conversation. It was good to meet him, some of the other coaches, and just be in the great atmosphere."

The 6-foot-3, 287 pound rising junior will likely return to The Swamp. He liked more than he even thought he would.

"I loved it. The atmosphere makes me want to visit here again."

The relationship between the two Trenton's can only help the Gators in this battle.

"I have known Trenton Brown for a while and us being from the same town, the same school, and being friends helps Florida. I know he is going to tell me the truth and I want to learn more about Florida from him."
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1310482.html

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 09-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via Rivals

Old 12-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Video feature via Rivals

Quote:
The first numerical Rivals100 presented by Under Armour for the class of 2015 has been revealed, and Albany (Ga.) Westover School defensive tackle Trenton Thompson starts in the pole position as the No. 1 prospect in the class. And with eight new five-stars and one player losing that coveted fifth star, there is plenty to talk about with this release.

"This is going to be a very interesting and exciting year," said Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell. "The last few years there has been a clear No. 1 to start things off with Jadeveon Clowney, Dorial Green-Beckham, Robert Nkemdiche and Da'Shawn Hand, but this year is different. We looked long and hard at every candidate and had many discussions, and Thompson became the guy. He has everything you want from a defensive tackle: He is explosive, he has great technique, he is agile and quick, he can pressure the quarterback and he hustles. His film and in-person evaluations blew us away."

"Out of all the players I saw in person this year, Trenton was the guy who really blew me away the most, regardless of class. He's relentless at the defensive tackle position, and his natural strength combined with his athletic ability makes him a nightmare for offensive linemen," said Wommack. "He's still growing and learning the position and hasn't come close to hitting his ceiling yet, a scary thought for offensive linemen who will be battling him in one-on-ones during the upcoming camp and combine season."
Link: http://www.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1585322&PT=4&PR=2

Old 12-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

AJC:

By Michael Carvell
Westover High School defensive tackle Trenton Thompson is ranked as the nation’s No. 1 overall college football prospect for 2015 by Rivals.com.
The 6-foot-3, 290-pound Thompson lists his favorites as UGA, Florida State, Tennessee, South Carolina and Michigan State.
I live two blocks from the stadium where his high school team plays many games. The team buses drive right by my house. I'll be waiving the flag next Fall every Friday for him. Hope we are still in it by then.
(This is big FSU and Auburn country. Surprised Auburn not listed)
Old 12-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

This guy is ridiculously quick for his size
Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #10
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

At 6'3" 290, he's a huge Jr DT. If he gains 20-30 lbs of good weight he could be a NT in a 3-4. However, that would pigeon hole him for 1 spot on that DL. If he's fast enough, he might be able to slide over to an end on a 3-4, but that depends a lot on his 10 yard split.

He would be a monster in our 4-3 though and our defense is a lot better than UGA's, and it has been for several years. If Grantham has another season like the last one, he gone, and that's not just my opinion, I've heard that from MANY dawgs.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 12-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Doesn't look like we're in it.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Doesn't look like we're in it.

Well, we in his top 5, FWIW. Need to get him in for a Spring Practice weekend. 5 1/2 hour drive.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:53 AM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via Rivals

Old 05-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #14
DawginCola
Bowl MVP

Male

DawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPitDawginCola rules the CockPit

In a recent interview he said he would be visiting USC this summer.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #15
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

I probably love this guys attitude the most

"I never give up, not matter what the situation or what the score is, it's never too late to make an impact," Thompson said. "I've always tried to keep that fire going and to make my family and my city proud."
Old 05-25-2014, 01:13 PM   #16
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 508
WeCocky has hatched from the shell

He's an animal. Would be a reach for us though. Although I think having a superstar D-lineman like JD that goes #1 helps our appeal.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #17
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

It'll be nice to get a visit, but that's about all we'll get out of him.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #18
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Article via 247

Old 05-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #19
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Article via 247
No mention of the gamecocks.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #20
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
No mention of the gamecocks.
Not surprising.
Closed Thread