CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
thekob
Roosterboy
l^l^lBGCock
Bed Sores
markp_vip
TheUniversityofSC
dixiecock
The Yancey
COCKYTALKIN
Conflict with Aggies (5334)
Skai Moore not start (3851)
New JK Video Imminen (2307)
Spurrier on a&m (2030)
Kyle Carpenter to le (1755)
Old Footage from WB (1151)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1114)
One of the great thi (629)
Defensive Backfield (571)
The Field (543)
The 3-4
Kyle Carpenter to lead Ga
Sandstorm towels
Spurrier winning at footb
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Lay's Potato Chip Flavor
One of the great things a
Centerplate CEO, Des Hagu
2014-15 Premier League se
The Field

Old 05-23-2014, 11:44 PM   #161
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default Re: Can we still get a top 8 seed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
One thing to consider, if writing a check to the NCAA helps secure a bid, I would believe we are at least in the conversation!

My observation of this years team, is that they have been under a lot of pressure to meet the goals and expectations of the season. I have to believe that once we get our regional, and seed or not, we will relax and take a breath..... then work to get the magic back!

Couple points......
1) Coach Holbrook played a significant roll in our top level success 2010-2012
2) Coach Holbrook was a hand picked successor by Ray Tanner
3) Coach Holbrook works tirelessly in coaching our team and recruiting

Not sure what you base your opinion on.............
Let me be perfectly clear...............................I BELIEVE IN CHAD HOLBROOK.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:55 PM   #162
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Kendall Rogers said earlier that LSU and TCU would likely get the last two national seeds...we just need to concentrate on our regional...that's going to be tough as it is. Who knows where they put Clemsux...I sure hope not here again. I doubt it but you never know with some of these fools in the NCAA.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:08 PM   #163
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

This is the latest projection I could find, and im not really sure about the site validity.

Columbia Regional: MATCHED WITH Tallahassee Regional:
1-South Carolina 1-(4)Florida State
2-Clemson 2-Central Florida
3-Charleston 3-Tennessee
4-Western Carolina 4-Bethune-Cookman

SERIOUSLY hope the NCAA doesnt put Clemson in the South Carolina regional. I know we have had success against them, but Im not really sure which South Carolina team will show up, and Clemson played some really good baseball at the ACC tournament. Hopefully the NCAA is tired of that matchup. Also think Western would be the 3 seed, they've had a VERY good year. Also about Clemson, they just snuck into the NCAA tournament with their two wins at the ACC tourney so I dont think they'll draw a two seed anywhere unless they get luck.

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology

From baseball america, even though I think they love the ACC too much, right now it looks like 10 SEC teams, but could possibly sneak in 11 if Tennessee gets lucky. Clemson in this breakdown is still not a sure thing in the Tourney. Got them battling for one of the last three spots with a few other very good possibilities getting in above them.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/colle...tock-report-2/
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #164
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Let me be perfectly clear...............................I BELIEVE IN CHAD HOLBROOK.
I do too.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #165
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
This is the latest projection I could find, and im not really sure about the site validity.

3-Charleston 3-Tennessee

SERIOUSLY hope the NCAA doesnt put Clemson in the South Carolina regional. I know we have had success against them, but Im not really sure which South Carolina team will show up, and Clemson played some really good baseball at the ACC tournament. Hopefully the NCAA is tired of that matchup. Also think Western would be the 3 seed, they've had a VERY good year. Also about Clemson, they just snuck into the NCAA tournament with their two wins at the ACC tourney so I dont think they'll draw a two seed anywhere unless they get luck.

From baseball america, even though I think they love the ACC too much, right now it looks like 10 SEC teams, but could possibly sneak in 11 if Tennessee gets lucky. Clemson in this breakdown is still not a sure thing in the Tourney. Got them battling for one of the last three spots with a few other very good possibilities getting in above them.

Tell you what.
If they want to send Clemson our way, then go ahead.
They have to beat us physically and mentally................and they can't beat us mentally. JUST CAN'T DO IT. And that ladies and gentlemen is not supposition, it's a matter of fact. I'll take where we are right now and run with it, because I expect Chad and Jerry to exactly that..............
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:49 PM   #166
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post

3-Charleston 3-Tennessee

Whittle at tbs is saying that clemmons isn't the lock that the local media is making them out to be

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #167
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
South Carolina: The Gamecocks are a lock to host an NCAA Regional, but are on the outside looking in for a national seed right now. South Carolinaís resume took a step back this week, but does include some impressive metrics. For instance, the Gamecocks, which have an RPI of 14, also had a non-conference RPI of 7 to go with a 31 non-conference SOS. Maybe the Gamecocks can find a way to get into the top eight, but itís looking unlikely at this point.
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/...x?article=9948
Old 05-25-2014, 10:25 AM   #168
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Those guys put way too much stock into conference tournaments. More so than the committee usually does. For example, lsu wasn't even a regional host before the sec tourney. Now they swept a bad auburn team last weekend and won 3 games this week and suddenly these guys say they are a national seed? They(especially Kendall) are really influenced by margin of victory too. Yes, mercy ruling someone is impressive but it still only counts as 1 W. The bottom line is their rankings and lists are opinions and every year they are surprised by 1-2 seeds. Our body of work is pretty good for the whole season so I hope they are wrong even though we don't deserve it.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #169
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Those guys put way too much stock into conference tournaments. More so than the committee usually does. For example, lsu wasn't even a regional host before the sec tourney. Now they swept a bad auburn team last weekend and won 3 games this week and suddenly these guys say they are a national seed? They(especially Kendall) are really influenced by margin of victory too. Yes, mercy ruling someone is impressive but it still only counts as 1 W. The bottom line is their rankings and lists are opinions and every year they are surprised by 1-2 seeds. Our body of work is pretty good for the whole season so I hope they are wrong even though we don't deserve it.
I think it was about 4 years ago that they made the conference tournaments part of the selection rules and a big part of the post season selection process. Eric Hyman was on the committee the first year they implemented it and he talked about it a good bit on 107.5.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #170
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Well I mean that the committee doesn't hold it against teams that go 1-2 or 0-2 in the tourney. That's usually us and they usually let our body of work throughout the season do the talking instead of tournament. Of course they reward teams that win or make it to the ship.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #171
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Am I the only one that isn't worried about the national seed. Ya playing at super at home would be fantastic. But I feel like if we play well we will win the next two weekends. If we don't we won't, regardless where it is.
I don't think the showing in Hoover is indicative of our team. Hell I was mad about how we lost but it really didn't get to me that we did. I just could care freaking less about that tourney.

They just need to get back to the basics, and with a week to stew on it, come out mad.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #172
weatheredxtown
Master of Minutia

Male

CockyCash: 200
weatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talonsweatheredxtown has developed his gaff and talons

When are the seeds and host sites announced?
Old 05-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #173
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Schedule

Noon ET May 26
DI Selection Show on ESPNU

Regionals
May 30-June 2

Super Regionals
June 6-9

June 14-24/25
2014 College World Series
Old 05-25-2014, 02:25 PM   #174
rnecavs07
Starter

Male

NIT Bracket Champion: Awarded for taking first in the NIT Bracket Challene - Given for: NIT Bracket Champion 
CockyCash: 753
rnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to rnecavs07 Send a message via Yahoo to rnecavs07

Tomorrow night I believe
rnecavs07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #175
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPitlilhornet rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Tell you what.
If they want to send Clemson our way, then go ahead.
They have to beat us physically and mentally................and they can't beat us mentally. JUST CAN'T DO IT. And that ladies and gentlemen is not supposition, it's a matter of fact. I'll take where we are right now and run with it, because I expect Chad and Jerry to exactly that..............
They won't have to if we beat ourselves...
lilhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #176
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

The sites are announced tonight I believe
Old 05-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #177
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1574750
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
The sites are announced tonight I believe
This is correct. They'll be announced at 9:00 PM ET tonight. I'm not sure about the channel(s), but it will be on the NCAA website.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #178
Gamecock87NC
Walk On

Male

Gamecock87NC has feathers coming inGamecock87NC has feathers coming in

You know what, personally I think the selection committee would be amiss not to take this year's tournament into account with the depth of good teams in the SEC this year. That said, we are certainly a lock for hosting Regionals and as a Gamecock born and bred I will NEVER give up on these guys...tough year to be sure and not playing up to our potential but over the years this program has been built to be the Alabama of baseball. I just think you have to believe when history is on our side...even last year with quite a few losses we were ONE game away from another countless trip to the CWS and I doubt this year will be any different. Maybe close again but I just LOVE that we can always be a threat just as football is finally becoming...GO COCKS!!!!!
Gamecock87NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #179
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 221039
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatheredxtown View Post
When are the seeds and host sites announced?
I thought I heard Regional host would be announced tonight and the rest of tournament tomorrow.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #180
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
They won't have to if we beat ourselves...
I'm seeing that clemmons misses the tourney all together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2