CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
spareparts
johnnyb
Aggie96
SuperCockMaster
jebodiah
Master Bedroom
Spurticus
WeStillOwnUSC
75CarolinaFan
Devonte Holloman Ret (2766)
I have not bought in (1267)
JD & DJ Getting (1246)
Article on Shaw & (1234)
Aggie looking forwar (1189)
Cockaboose Owners (1070)
and the #1 2014 acc (1007)
SEC East QB's Ranked (900)
I'm thinking we're g (834)
Clemson OT to transf (660)
JD & DJ Getting Love
Watch ESPN app on Xbox On
First "Carolina Call
I have not bought into ou
SEC East QB's Ranked
The bane of our season
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Really excited to visit t
Spurrier: Davis May Not B
***2014 Carolina Panthers

Old 05-23-2014, 02:59 PM   #41
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
That is like comparing apples to oranges right now, they play different positions these days. Beasley is our starting left back and Shea would be a left mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd forgotten about Beasley being a left back...he's still too inconsistent, I'd prefer Cameron back there...that being said.

We're a midfielder oriented team. For left wingsers...We need depth and younger talents. You still won't convince me that Davis(32--same age as Donovan) has more upside than Shea.

Davis might be more experiences with more consistent passes however, none of these teams will back off of him and give him room or time to pass a perfect through ball.

Shea is a sub, I agree...but he's an Xfactor. He is on fire or he is serviceable. I think he needs consistent playing time and even though Klinsmann likes Shea, doesn't utilize him very often.

As a coach, in the 80th minute of that humid hot climate, imagine big 6'3 Shea coming in vs a tired 5'7 defender...although Germany's back line, witch the Lahm 5'7 exception, is similar in stature...BFG's
Old 05-23-2014, 03:08 PM   #42
tkousc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Big News!!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/...0199--sow.html

German midfielder Lars Bender, OUT!!!
Sweet now the German midfield will be dereft of talent! Besides Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Reus, Muller, Ozil, Khedira,and..............we have no hope.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #43
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

They're a very injured and dinged up squad, I believe they ar rushing their injured too quickly, similar to Ronaldo at Portugal.

GK- Neuer--injured yet to report in
Lahm- Inured
Schweinsteigger- knee injury
Klose--injured year at Lazio and hasn't practiced with team
Khedira--ACL injury recovery
Gomez--failed fitness examination

That's some serious experience and talent. Which is why I say we have the opportunity to draw with Germany. They're dinged up and we play very physical.

That said, Germany will likely have a very favorable schedule f they win first out of our group.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #44
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
I'd forgotten about Beasley being a left back...he's still too inconsistent, I'd prefer Cameron back there...that being said.

We're a midfielder oriented team. For left wingsers...We need depth and younger talents. You still won't convince me that Davis(32--same age as Donovan) has more upside than Shea.

Davis might be more experiences with more consistent passes however, none of these teams will back off of him and give him room or time to pass a perfect through ball.

Shea is a sub, I agree...but he's an Xfactor. He is on fire or he is serviceable. I think he needs consistent playing time and even though Klinsmann likes Shea, doesn't utilize him very often.

As a coach, in the 80th minute of that humid hot climate, imagine big 6'3 Shea coming in vs a tired 5'7 defender...although Germany's back line, witch the Lahm 5'7 exception, is similar in stature...BFG's

Cameron plays right back, but I get your point. Beasley is almost a lock to play in the back 4 though. I don't know what it is but I feel as though the media put way to much pressure on our young stars to produce and burn them out / overhype them. One day I hope we can truly get a world class player and I do believe it will happen just not for atleast 5-10 more years.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #45
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Cameron plays right back, but I get your point. Beasley is almost a lock to play in the back 4 though. I don't know what it is but I feel as though the media put way to much pressure on our young stars to produce and burn them out / overhype them. One day I hope we can truly get a world class player and I do believe it will happen just not for atleast 5-10 more years.

Cameron does play right back for Stoke but he will be anchored in the center for the World Cup.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #46
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
The whole point is he certainly has to be one of the best 23 players America has to offer.
No it is not. He probably is one of the best 23 players but he isn't one of the top 4 or 5 Forwards. JK had already said Donovan was a forward and not a midfielder. He is absolutely right. Donovan does not have the legs under him to be a complete midfielder.

Quote:
Yes but you could also look at it like this. Try and get experience for some of the young guns for the future considering he wouldn't have gotten much PT in Brazil. I understand where you are coming from though. He has never really been on klinsman good side after he decided to be an idiot and take a year sabbatical from soccer during qualifying. IMO that didn't help him out in the least bit fitness or playing wise. You can't quit being a professional for that long and just pick back up where you left off a little less than a year before the biggest tournament in the world/his life

You are absolutely right. The Donovan/Klinsman experiment has never worked look at their time at Bayern. He might have got his mind right from that sabbatical but it killed his form. His legs are done. He doesn't have the speed that some people think he still does. The sabbatical appears to be turning his back on the team and also an assumption of entitlement that he was gonna make the cut. I also see this as more of a grooming for 2018.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #47
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Big News!!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/...0199--sow.html

German midfielder Lars Bender, OUT!!!
Sounds like Germany's actually dealing with quite a lot of dinged up players on their squad. Should be interesting to see what sort of condition they arrive in Brazil in.
GarnetInChicago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #48
uscsig
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his comb
Default Re: Official World Cup 2016 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Fixed it for you. I always get into the world cup simply because the US, and I always end up dissapointed on the mens side. Is that gonna change this year?
He had right it right the first time.
Old 05-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #49
uscsig
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 590
uscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his combuscsig is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
Landon will be missed, Julian Green is the chosen one
He looked terrified against Mexico. He better grow up quick.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #50
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Don't forget:

USA vs Azerbaijan tonight EST 10pm in a friendly on ESPN2

People are expecting a blowout but Klinsmann is going to tinker, it's what he's done since he's been here. I expect to see some in game rotation to adjust
Old 05-27-2014, 02:12 PM   #51
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Should be an interesting game. Excited to see what his lineup is tonight. Think he will come with a younger lineup in this game to see what they got

Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #52
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

If the line up he used to close practice is any indication... I'm not excited about it. No Omar Gonzalez and bedoya starting at a wing spot... Why?
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #53
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

He is probably still resting Omar. He did just get back from an injury don't want to rush it. We still have two more send off games after this to get him some playing time

Old 05-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #54
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

He's feeling out line chemistries

I support everything Klinsmann is doing, I wonder about the Donovan situation but I can only judge based on what I hear. I dont see them in training.

I DO hear that Donovan practices half-heartedly but really turns it up on gameday. It could be Klinsmann wants 100% all the time regardless.

again, that is merely speculation.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #55
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Ready to see the squad in action tonight. Got tickets to the final send-off match in Jacksonville on the 7th and needless to say I can't wait.

Class of 2013
12+4=6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #56
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I'm a bit torn over this LD stuff but it seems like it's personal between coach and player.

It's the coaches team now so he has to live with it either way. Guess I will hope for the best.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #57
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 100000200
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Hate to see LD go out the way he did.......

Hated more to see the Draw we got in group play! Talking about brutal!
Old 05-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #58
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

USA USA USA
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #59
FurmanCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 540
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Don't forget:

USA vs Azerbaijan tonight EST 10pm in a friendly on ESPN2

People are expecting a blowout but Klinsmann is going to tinker, it's what he's done since he's been here. I expect to see some in game rotation to adjust
Thanks for the notice. I wasn't aware of the game, but will watch now. Points sent.
FurmanCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:41 PM   #60
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Dempsey out with groin strain. Wondo gets the start