CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
l^l^lBGCock
NinjaSven
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
Lonnie
CoverTwo
A. Pilgrim
Regalcock
Rivalry Thoughts and (3280)
How is Shaq Davidson (1570)
Perspective on our g (1213)
Currently 2nd in att (858)
SEC referees? (749)
Alshon - Bose (660)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (563)
Defense and offense (536)
How cool would it be (495)
Brad Lawing (394)
Carolina/Clemson game dre
Palmetto Bowl
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Brad Lawing
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
Good Omen for Saturday?
weekend conference Predic
How is Shaq Davidson's re
Playstation 4
How cool would it be to..

Old 05-22-2014, 08:14 AM   #401
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material
Default Re: Updated: Diamond DeShields to visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPat View Post
Perhaps I'm looking at this thing a little differently than others, but I'm hoping Diamond and Te'a do what's right for them, and have the wisdom to know what that is - no matter where they end up.

Back-in-the-day my daddy said, 'Son, there's two sides to every story, and the truth is generally found somewhere in between.'

Since KB injected herself into your recruitment, I ask DD & TC to do themselves a favor. Get the names of 5 or 6 of KB"s teammates the year she played at USC & give several of them a call. And remember what your dads told you - same as mine told me, I'll bet.

HINT: You can't play yourself into shape at the collegiate level. You just can't.
I heard it different "there are three sides of every story...his side...their side....and then there's the truth. But I agree ....
Old 05-22-2014, 08:17 AM   #402
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
The way I see it buddy is that the last time we saw Bone at SC she gave the middle finger salute on her way off the court so Bone probably isn't going to give such a good rapport about Dawn and the University if DD is talking to her, but I've been wrong before.
I have never heard that before...not saying it's not true but could you provide some hard evidence of that ? That would have been talked about for a long time, if true. People say crap that isn't true or never happened all the time and I am thinking this is one of them.....
Old 05-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #403
warriorcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
warriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his clawswarriorcock is sharpening his claws

I wasn't there that day when Bone returned to CLA, so I can't say for sure what exactly happened. But I do seem to recall that something occurred, but I always thought it was directed to our fans rather than having anything to do with Dawn.
If you go back and read the Cockytalk game thread, our fans were getting on her pretty good...as you would expect. In that thread someone mentions her flipping off the crowd.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=187831

Bone's quote:
"My decision to leave was about me," Bone said. "But coming back, I had the utmost respect for everybody involved That's the same coaching staff that recruited me and some of the same players I played with."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...a-sec/1907603/
warriorcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #404
Tkj24
Walk On

Female

Tkj24 has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcock View Post
I wasn't there that day when Bone returned to CLA, so I can't say for sure what exactly happened. But I do seem to recall that something occurred, but I always thought it was directed to our fans rather than having anything to do with Dawn.
If you go back and read the Cockytalk game thread, our fans were getting on her pretty good...as you would expect. In that thread someone mentions her flipping off the crowd.

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=187831

Bone's quote:
"My decision to leave was about me," Bone said. "But coming back, I had the utmost respect for everybody involved That's the same coaching staff that recruited me and some of the same players I played with."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...a-sec/1907603/
I read the entire thread about the aTm game. Kelsey was a kid who missed her family. I can't believe everyone booed her every time she got the ball. That wasn't very nice. I would've probably flipped double birds to them. If you don't like the calls boo the refs but not the kids that wasn't nice at all.
Tkj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #405
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkj24 View Post
I read the entire thread about the aTm game. Kelsey was a kid who missed her family. I can't believe everyone booed her every time she got the ball. That wasn't very nice. I would've probably flipped double birds to them. If you don't like the calls boo the refs but not the kids that wasn't nice at all.
LOL the fans booed her because she left. You gotta expect something like that when you leave somewhere and go to a school you know is going to face your previous team. "oh no they booed her" welcome to big time athletics. Everything you do is under a microscope, if you dont like it, play division III. A true athlete would embrace it and play the best game of their life.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #406
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Maybe she was homesick. That's understandable because kids get homesick. However, she's a pro player now BOTH stateside and abroad this was a couple years ago, and yet she still finds a way to inject herself in Gamecock business. Twitter isn't the greatest source of info, but I've noticed that little to no former Gamecock teammates interact with her on there. Heck, Dawn is one of the most engaging and entertaining coaches on Twitter, and they don't interact. I find that to be telling since everyone who has played with and/or for Dawn give her high praise... JMO
Old 05-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #407
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

*walks out the door cursing himself for thinking there might be posts in this thread about DD.*

end scene
Old 05-22-2014, 01:16 PM   #408
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervousCockyGuy is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
*walks out the door cursing himself for thinking there might be posts in this thread about DD.*

end scene
Well personally I apologize and I couldn't care less about KB, but we wouldn't be having this convo if she didn't try to play a role in this. Anyway, you're right. I'm done.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #409
SmallVol1
Walk On

Female

SmallVol1 has feathers coming inSmallVol1 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
LOL the fans booed her because she left. You gotta expect something like that when you leave somewhere and go to a school you know is going to face your previous team. "oh no they booed her" welcome to big time athletics. Everything you do is under a microscope, if you dont like it, play division III. A true athlete would embrace it and play the best game of their life.
Teresa Geter. Just saying. She's still loved at UT.
SmallVol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:13 PM   #410
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallVol1 View Post
Teresa Geter. Just saying. She's still loved at UT.
great another vil. It is an epidemic around here.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:58 PM   #411
Todd803
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 272
Todd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPitTodd803 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkj24 View Post
The boos were very light until she started mouthing off at our players (Especially Ashley Bruner) everytime down the court. That is what set the crowd off. Can't expect people to ignore her cursing at our players every 30 seconds. Not saying right or wrong to boo, but it is going to happen b/c of that.

Regardless, Diamond will make a decision that she thinks is best for her and she should. I think she might have reached out to Bone b/c she was another high profile transfer and not that it was from USC.
Todd803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:45 PM   #412
meesh982000
Walk On

Female

meesh982000 is learning to peck

http://twitter.com/DDeShields23/stat...99616993034240
I feel so stagnant lately since I haven't been in school lol IMMA BE BACK SOON'
I hope she's becoming a Gamecock ��������
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #413
gAmkok
Eh.

Male

CockyCash: 200
gAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPitgAmkok rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd803 View Post
The boos were very light until she started mouthing off at our players (Especially Ashley Bruner) everytime down the court. That is what set the crowd off. Can't expect people to ignore her cursing at our players every 30 seconds. Not saying right or wrong to boo, but it is going to happen b/c of that.

Regardless, Diamond will make a decision that she thinks is best for her and she should. I think she might have reached out to Bone b/c she was another high profile transfer and not that it was from USC.
This is exactly how it happened. Once she started talking junk to our players (I believe it started with Bruner and continued with others), the crowd took offense.
gAmkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #414
rockincockingirl
Walk On

Female

rockincockingirl has hatched from the shell

I'm new here, but I've been following this forum for years. I'm just curious why Kelsey is still a topic of discussion here. It's time to move on.
rockincockingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #415
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

^^ The responses are going to be funny
Old 05-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #416
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockincockingirl View Post
I'm new here, but I've been following this forum for years. I'm just curious why Kelsey is still a topic of discussion here. It's time to move on.
Must say an interesting choice of topic for a first post, but I agree with you.
Guess it's the 'jilted lover syndrome' at work, but one-way streets are the pits.
BTW, been around the world a couple of times myself, but no one can ever say they've seen it all. LOL.
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #417
meesh982000
Walk On

Female

meesh982000 is learning to peck

So no one knows any real scoop on if Diamond Deshields is coming to South Carolina?
But there is a really long thread on Tenn pay site. I hope she comes here.
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:45 PM   #418
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

She is a topic because it has been said DD was talking with her.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:04 PM   #419
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockincockingirl View Post
Then you would know she became a topic when DeShields called her, end of discussion, funny you say all that and your first post has her in it?
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:57 PM   #420
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1373
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
She is a topic because it has been said DD was talking with her.
This. Do a quick search for Kelsey on this forum and you will how little she has been talked about since she left. She moved on and so did we.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote