CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
GamecockMomSC
Cockhornleghorn
2000grad
Regalcock
ZenUSC
Captain9Dragons
We Have to Pass (1913)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1403)
Spurrier weekly pres (1329)
This would be awesom (883)
How is Shaq Davidson (717)
McConaughey cast as (438)
Perspective on our g (427)
Defense and offense (314)
Black Friday Hard Co (260)
SEC referees? (255)
We Have to Pass
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
SEC referees?
Currently 2nd in attendan
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
Why has there been 40 yea
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg
2015 Commitment - Dexter

Old 05-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #61
FlyingCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 485
FlyingCock is learning to peck
Default Re: WB stadium expantion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Yeah because the few luxury box fans deserve so much. How about the other real fans that don't force thousands of dollars down the University's throat. Pretty sure that noise the opposing team hears doesn't come from the box.
Pretty sure that a lot of the money that is generated from the football games comes from those boxes and the fans inside them.
FlyingCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #62
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Sounds like UK is shrinking seat quantity for quality..

Construction will begin after this season ends and is projected to be complete in time for the start of the 2015 season.

Highlights and amenities will include:

■ A reduced capacity from 67,000 to 61,000. The goal is to create better seats, not more seats, officials said.

"We've got to create an environment that's fun for people to want to come," Barnhart said. "And I think this is the right size for us. And if there's someone else in 15 years that disagrees with what the old guy did, then so be it. But for now, I think this is the right size for Kentucky."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2013/11/25/2...#storylink=cpy
Old 05-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #63
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

They are shrinking but last year they put out sketches of their stadium if they decided to expand.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #64
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

I wish I had the opportunity to get to more games. But I can certainly see why people might rather watch the games in the comfort of their living room with AC and a high Def TV. Not to mention by the time you buy tickets, parking and potentially tailgate it's an expensive day. I would love to pack 90,000 plus every game but unless the economy improves or parking and tickets go down in price many folks can't afford it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #65
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
I wish I had the opportunity to get to more games. But I can certainly see why people might rather watch the games in the comfort of their living room with AC and a high Def TV. Not to mention by the time you buy tickets, parking and potentially tailgate it's an expensive day. I would love to pack 90,000 plus every game but unless the economy improves or parking and tickets go down in price many folks can't afford it.

Ummm or Beast Board is better than any TV you find in a home.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #66
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
While not as big, my tv has a great picture, (including picture in picture) surround sound, a convenient bathroom, and the fridge is a staircase away. I will however, say my couch is much more comfortable than the seats in WB. If I lived even remotely close to sc I would love to go to games, but my point was for people on a budget or who can't spare a whole Saturday the tv is a much better option.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #67
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Yeah because the few luxury box fans deserve so much. How about the other real fans that don't force thousands of dollars down the University's throat. Pretty sure that noise the opposing team hears doesn't come from the box.

"Real fans". You mean the guys who spend $40 a ticket and bitch about it. How about the people who spend $50,000 for a suite each season? Let's see, Jim Bob who spends $40 for one ticket and only sets foot on "campus" for that game or the guy who spent 4-8 years on campus paying tuition, donates to the academic side of the school, and drops $50k a year for a suite for he and his family. I wonder which one is the "real" fan?
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #68
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
Horrible grammar/spelling aside, please explain to me why I'd pay at bare minimum $40 to come to the stadium just to watch the game on the scoreboard?
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #69
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
Horrible grammar/spelling aside, please explain to me why I'd pay at bare minimum $40 to come to the stadium just to watch the game on the scoreboard?

What are you worried about granger for? It's not a scoreboard & please never come to another USC game again.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #70
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
those of you in the know... Is it truth or myth we sold out all the home games during the 1-21??
Definitely a myth.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:38 PM   #71
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
The BOT and the Athletic Dept will never think of expansion unless we start selling even more season tickets. We did really well selling out all the home games last year, but around 15K of those tickets were single game tickets.

There was a thread on here a while back that broke down the numbers of season tickets we've sold, so don't hold me to the exact numbers.

Our stadium has 80,250 seats, we sold around 60K Season tickets last year, we have to have around 7,500 tickets for away teams and the rest are sold as single game tickets or in packages. I think that we'll have to start selling more than 70K Season Tickets, in order for the BOT and AD to think that adding seats is a profitable idea, also they'll be wondering if it would be better to add more luxury seating that they could charge a higher per seat price for (and take away some of the existing bleacher seating to do so.)

What they don't want to do is fork $40Million over for a stadium expansion and then in 4 years struggle to even sell out a division game. It will take more than just 1 year of 70K season tickets sold to get this done. The goal isn't to have a huge ass stadium, the goal is to fit the stadium to the market demands.
We don't have 70,000 season tickets to sell - over 15,000-18,000 are taken up by student seats and visitors' tickets.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #72
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD View Post
I don't see any stadiums expanding. Maybe adding more luxury seating to replace other seating.
This is now being discussed to remove 2-3 thousand seats and replace them with luxury boxes.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:50 PM   #73
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
This is now being discussed to remove 2-3 thousand seats and replace them with luxury boxes.
That idea is pretty stupid. Lets remove the noise that helps us win games.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #74
gamecockguy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Luxury seating is where the money is at these days.

Its part of the reason that ATL is replacing the Georgia Dome. It was built before luxury seats were a big thing and the way it was designed they didn't really have room to add them (Arthur Blank and ATL also want a Super Bowl, but I digress)
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #75
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockguy View Post
Luxury seating is where the money is at these days.

Its part of the reason that ATL is replacing the Georgia Dome. It was built before luxury seats were a big thing and the way it was designed they didn't really have room to add them (Arthur Blank and ATL also want a Super Bowl, but I digress)
Atlanta should be more worried about fielding a winning team than another Jerry World if you ask me
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #76
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

Do you think that they (AD) would be better off selling a few luxury boxes or upgrading the seating and selling 10,000 more tickets for around 40 bucks a pop?

Old 05-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #77
granicock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 448
granicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his clawsgranicock is sharpening his claws

The next "expansion" to Williams-Brice will be to add more luxury seating. The obvious area would be the east side. There is currently alot of demand. USC has fell behind and needs to make this a priority. The only SEC school with fewer luxury seating areas is Vandy (with none). Like it or not, there is some serious money to be made for the University.
granicock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:05 PM   #78
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by granicock View Post
The next "expansion" to Williams-Brice will be to add more luxury seating. The obvious area would be the east side. There is currently alot of demand. USC has fell behind and needs to make this a priority. The only SEC school with fewer luxury seating areas is Vandy (with none). Like it or not, there is some serious money to be made for the University.
exactly right....losing some seats to gain boxes is not going to diminish how loud it gets in WB......this is going to get done in the next 3-4 years......it's a net gain of a few million $$$$ for Carolina each year. This will help get you those new restrooms everyone's been wanting for years.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #79
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
exactly right....losing some seats to gain boxes is not going to diminish how loud it gets in WB......this is going to get done in the next 3-4 years......it's a net gain of a few million $$$$ for Carolina each year. This will help get you those new restrooms everyone's been wanting for years.
The only way I can ever see this even remotely being approved is if they replace the seats they remove with more seats at the time of renovation for the boxes.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #80
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
More luxury boxes means more $$$$....