CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
cockybusiness2
pitchcock
COCKYTALKIN
Cockypantherfan
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
WeStillOwnUSC
Waldrop doubtful for (1452)
We Have A New KO Guy (1303)
If we loose to Kensu (1192)
The New Idea That'll (978)
I'm over the loss, b (610)
Why not Nosovich @ T (417)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (382)
So What? (353)
Land For Sale (254)
Ole Miss football pr (233)
KY Suspends 4 Players for
Thoughts on the basketbal
Why not Nosovich @ TE?
How to get USC vs KY Stre
UK promoting a blackout f
If we loose to Kensucky..
Win at Ky
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Name a Gamecock
HBC Weekly Presser

Old 05-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
Salmon
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Salmon has hatched from the shell
Default Does it really make a difference if the waiter is the same ethnic as the food

I'm just saying because I see all the time in a Chinese restaurant the man is Asian. I don't even know if their Chinese but they are Asian of some kind LOL. Why??? You don't have to be Asian to serve Chinese food. And if you go to an Italian restaurant they try and look Italian or something, and if you say you're going to eat soul food and it's all white people shouldn't really make a difference!!!

I was just wondering because you all the time or seen Asians serve Chinese food but I'm not really sure why.
Salmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #2
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Does it really make a difference if the waiter is the same ethnic as the food

They stick together, maybe some kind of tax breaks as well.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #3
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Does it really make a difference if the waiter is the same ethnic as the food

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
They stick together, maybe some kind of tax breaks as well.
I do know a few years back that the "Stones" plant had a lot of Asians being brought in under guidelines. These people were actually given a brand new car and they were immune from taxes their first year as citizens. Not sure if anyone here knows what I am talking about, but I would love to know more about that.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Well, this isn't racist at all.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

You're an idiot, there's nothing racist about this. He's asking why is there a trend.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

We have two convenience stores in Ridgeway, both owned by Indians, the foreign kind. To get around taxes they switch stores every few years. It seems new owners get tax breaks for a few years.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
You're an idiot, there's nothing racist about this. He's asking why is there a trend.
Well, seeing how they are usually family businesses, they tend to employ family and friends. It also helps to have people who can pronounce the orders. Not that hard.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #8
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
It's a comment concerning the race of non-white people by someone presumed to be white. Not sure where you've been lately but that = racist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:22 PM   #9
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Egg Roll Station off Devine St... Pretty much all Mexicans were in there cooking the food... And dat chit was good!
Old 05-25-2014, 10:24 PM   #10
Master Bedroom
Two Deep

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

I can think of a more appropriate word for this thread than racist..
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #11
Salmon
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Well, this isn't racist at all.
How in the world is it racist!!! You are making it racist therefore you are the RACIST!! Are you accusing me of being a racist.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #12
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Egg Roll Station off Devine St... Pretty much all Mexicans were in there cooking the food... And dat chit was good!
I have noticed that Mexicans love Chinese food. Any time I get Chinese there are a lot of Mexicans in there. Never any Mexicans at the Mexican places, although I did see some Mexicans in Taco Bell once.

bigdog2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #13
Salmon
Recruit

Male

Quote:
It also helps to have people who can pronounce the orders.
That is more racist than anything I've said at all!!! Do you have to be Asian to pronounce Chinese food names, LOL that is racist
Old 05-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #14
ScottK
Blue Chip

Male

ScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his combScottK is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
How in the world is it racist!!! You are making it racist therefore you are the RACIST!! Are you accusing me of being a racist.
Before we determine if you are racist we must first know your race (I hope asking your race doesn't make me a racist but knowing your race is vital in determining if you are racist).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #15
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
I have noticed that Mexicans love Chinese food. Any time I get Chinese there are a lot of Mexicans in there. Never any Mexicans at the Mexican places, although I did see some Mexicans in Taco Bell once.
Hispanics, people, Hispanics.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #16
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
If they are from Mexico, they are Mexican.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #17
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
If they are from Mexico, they are Mexican.
Good chance they aren't.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #18
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
These workers were Mexican.. Not Haitians, Dominicans, Cubans....
Old 05-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #19
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

Quote:
Good chance they aren't.
They were speaking Mexican.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:50 PM   #20
Salmon
Recruit

Male

That is what I meant why do they have El Salvadorians working in a Mexican restaurant, does it give them publicity.