CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TheUniversityofSC
Gamecocks1137
markymark550
MWard
WeStill0wnUSC
Lonnie
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
Spurticus
conwaycock2
Another A&M aggi (1755)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1415)
Green and Lammons (1125)
Asheville/Spartanbur (585)
2016 - Terrance Davi (423)
2016 - Anthony " (350)
It's Cover Two's bda (332)
Nashville (308)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (244)
Dawg DL man arrested (157)
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Green and Lammons
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Is it time to switch from
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Another A&M aggie off
2014 ultimate tailgate po
Good Article for those co
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se

Old 05-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #81
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: WB stadium expantion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
exactly right....losing some seats to gain boxes is not going to diminish how loud it gets in WB......this is going to get done in the next 3-4 years......it's a net gain of a few million $$$$ for Carolina each year. This will help get you those new restrooms everyone's been wanting for years.
I hope they don't put in those waterless urinals. I finally used one for the first time the other day and it stunk, yeah, piss smell.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:06 PM   #82
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Do you think that they (AD) would be better off selling a few luxury boxes or upgrading the seating and selling 10,000 more tickets for around 40 bucks a pop?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
not even close.....luxury boxes by a landslide.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #83
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
The only way I can ever see this even remotely being approved is if they replace the seats they remove with more seats at the time of renovation for the boxes.
think of it this way.....if it weren't the right thing to do, why do all other schools have them.....quite frankly, having fewer seats creates more demand and allows the school to increase prices.....
Old 05-25-2014, 10:11 PM   #84
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeCock View Post
I hope they don't put in those waterless urinals. I finally used one for the first time the other day and it stunk, yeah, piss smell.
now that's funny.....

yea, I don't like them either....
Old 05-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #85
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudlyPty23 is crowing loudly

For the love of Pete can someone correct the spelling of "expansion" in the thread title? Once a thread reaches 5 pages I feel like the title should at least be correct.
Pty23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #86
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Some schools expand and decrease the capacity for a year or too. But they make up for it by adding what they lost afterwards. Missouri and Texas A&M did/are doing this.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #87
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
For the love of Pete can someone correct the spelling of "expansion" in the thread title? Once a thread reaches 5 pages I feel like the title should at least be correct.
Only OP can do that on a limited basis.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #88
Gamecocks1137
Bowl MVP

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
think of it this way.....if it weren't the right thing to do, why do all other schools have them.....quite frankly, having fewer seats creates more demand and allows the school to increase prices.....
This could be applied to the same reasoning of well other schools are adding seats, why aren't we?

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:43 AM   #89
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
I dont see anything wrong with having 90K seats. Our stadium would sell out no problem. Close in the corners some and lets hit the 90K mark. We should be ashamed if we think 90K seats are too many. Hell our SEC games would sell out 110K plus. We are a top tier program in the SEC and like the earlier poster said ARK, Ole Miss, Missouri, TAMU, LSU, are all expanding. We either get on the bus or get left behind.
We had a lot of empty seats last year for games

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:54 AM   #90
Aggie96
Resident Aggie

Male

Aggie96 is learning to peckAggie96 is learning to peck
Cool Re: WB stadium expantion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
Arkansas is expanding by adding an upper level (for premium seating) which will increase capacity to 80,000 which is what we currently have, and some people are questioning if it makes sense as Arkansas has not sold out all of their games in their current capacity. Others are expanding to catch up to us as we already have 80,000 seats and LSU and A&M are bigger profile/ have more money and we are trying to catch them. Also, just because other schools are expanding does not mean it is wise or the best way they could be spending their money
Our "Expansion" is really a complete redo of the stadium. We are doing it in stages so that we can still play home games and not interupt the local economy. They looked at playing home games for a full year in Houston or Dallas and ran some numbers and it looked like it would cost local businesses something like 20 million dollars in lost revenue.

Of course the entire project is almost $450 Million, but we should have up to 109k seats. We have been running in the low 90's on most games, but even that was "over Capacity"

It was for sure time to update the stadium though and joining the SEC coupled with our Heisman win was the perfect time. It was getting kind of run down and when we lock arms and sway you could actually feel the stands rock. There have been more than one guy in the press box freak out because they had never experienced it before. It was loud before and I can't wait to see what it is going to be like once it is completely closed in.

Here is a pretty cool video that shows some of it from a quadcopter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwBGJtjCpC4
Old 05-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #91
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his comb

Quote:
Yeah, that's what we need to do... make tickets even MORE expensive. People complain about empty seats, yet the ticket prices go up and up.

carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #92
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
This could be applied to the same reasoning of well other schools are adding seats, why aren't we?
already been posted...it's about money....
Old 05-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #93
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Yeah, that's what we need to do... make tickets even MORE expensive. People complain about empty seats, yet the ticket prices go up and up.

we're not doing all the facility upgrades and new indoor building by charging less for seats.
it's just the way it is.....actually the biggest competition we have for selling seats is HD TV.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #94
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his combcarolina_corpsman is developing his comb

Oh I agree, doesn't mean that I have to like it. I wouldn't mind putting in some big luxury boxes and then building a upper deck over the student section to keep some affordable seats.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #95
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Oh I agree, doesn't mean that I have to like it. I wouldn't mind putting in some big luxury boxes and then building a upper deck over the student section to keep some affordable seats.

it's hard to justify adding more seats when we don't usually sell out all our home games.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:22 PM   #96
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
it's hard to justify adding more seats when we don't usually sell out all our home games.
Like I said, if it didn't cost $300 to take a family of 4 to the game I would think many more people would be inclined to go. And it wouldn't be adding seats, just replacing those that were taken out to make room for the boxes.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #97
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

I hate expanting
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #98
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 740
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

We were sold out before equitable seating(which is not equitable). A lot of people got out of the Gamecock Club back then. They have made up for the loss of the season tickets with that and the price increases, but they have not gotten the seats filled back up yet. Even when it is stated to being sold out, there are always a few thousand empty seats.
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #99
Cocky2001
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 320
Cocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot materialCocky2001 is USC mascot material

There were some games last season where we had some empty seats...but the seats were sold the people just didn't show up...attendance is secondary to the seats being sold...and we sold out every game last season.

I don't believe we should be expanding W-B in the next year or two, but we should be exploring how to do it the best way now so that we aren't rushed when the time does come which I don't believe is far off. And yes, the beast board was designed to be adapted when the expansion in the north endzone does happen so that isn't a concern...nor should it be.

The thing to consider is when it will be consistently profitable for us to expand. I don't want a stadium with only luxury suites...but, we are going to have more and more of them b/c of the money they generate. I am thinking that we may (and should see) renovations/improvements in the E,S, and N lowers beneath the seating...concessions and restrooms...but we'll never see renovations in the seating there. (we can thank that POS Holderman for ruining that for us...) And we should see more concession decking for the people in the East Upper, this will be expensive but the people in that deck deserve better (and again, thank that POS Holderman for that). Closing in the gaps on each end of the West lower should happen but may not be worth it from a money standpoint now.
to come true." Bodhi.
Cocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:25 PM   #100
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
What are you worried about granger for? It's not a scoreboard & please never come to another USC game again.
So a scoreboard is no longer a scoreboard? Please never set foot on campus. Or in the Midlands. Or in the state for that matter.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote