CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
b381l
GarnetBlack&Blue
2000grad
JerseyBird
gromweat
Acockolypse Now
Ahmad
WeStill0wnUSC
NinjaSven
Nick Chubb (6385)
Spurrier Presser (2220)
Cack's Toast of the (1736)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1719)
Rankings (1522)
Update: Brison Willi (1374)
3-4 "D" Ke (1361)
Will Devin ever suit (1112)
Over reacting? (538)
New to Cockytalk... (420)
Update: Brison Williams i
Why won't Spurrier implem
No Fun League Strikes Aga
Cack's Toast of the Game:
2015 Commitment - Shameik
All of our defensive play
Uniform thread
Keeping 2015 together!
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Spurrier Presser

Old 05-26-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default No contract phone help

Anyone know which one is best as most reliable?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: No contract phone help

Wal-Mart has a pretty big selection of no contract phones. I can't tell you which one is best, but maybe someone in electronics can. Seriously, don't ask the people in electronics, they have no idea what they are talking about.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Do you know if the minutes rollover?

Old 05-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

A lot of people down here use MetroPCS...I think it is no-contract and they actually have decent phones compared to most I see "in store".

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:03 PM   #5
rnecavs07
Starter

Male

NIT Bracket Champion: Awarded for taking first in the NIT Bracket Challene - Given for: NIT Bracket Champion 
CockyCash: 753
rnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to rnecavs07 Send a message via Yahoo to rnecavs07

I know a lot of people who use straighttalk down here. Its 45 a month for unlimited everything. You can use almost any phone on the network just have to call the help desk and they will walk you through how to switch it over to their network.
rnecavs07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #6
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

I was looking for something that is small amount of minutes for my son to have a phone as he is playing in the neighborhood

Old 05-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #7
rnecavs07
Starter

Male

NIT Bracket Champion: Awarded for taking first in the NIT Bracket Challene - Given for: NIT Bracket Champion 
rnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot material

https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/por...p/serviceplans
Old 05-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #8
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Is that the Wal-Mart phone?

Old 05-26-2014, 05:04 PM   #9
rnecavs07
Starter

Male

yea
Old 05-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #10
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 720
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Virgin mobile is pretty good too

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #11
JoeCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

I have straight talk both the $45 unlimited (Smart phone) and the $30 plan.

Which network does good in your area?

For me, I had Verizon previously and the service was good. When we were buying the Straight Talk phones, we bought the ones with "C" in the model number and they work off of Verizon towers. The only change is a cheaper monthly bill.

The only drawback is you have to buy your phone up front.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:55 PM   #12
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCock View Post
I have straight talk both the $45 unlimited (Smart phone) and the $30 plan.

Which network does good in your area?

For me, I had Verizon previously and the service was good. When we were buying the Straight Talk phones, we bought the ones with "C" in the model number and they work off of Verizon towers. The only change is a cheaper monthly bill.

The only drawback is you have to buy your phone up front.
Some of the smaller phones, if he is just buying for his son to use in what I am guessing would be an emergency situation can go for as low as 19.99. That is if your just looking for a phone and nothing fancy.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #13
JoeCock
4-Star

JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Some of the smaller phones, if he is just buying for his son to use in what I am guessing would be an emergency situation can go for as low as 19.99. That is if your just looking for a phone and nothing fancy.
Very true. You can also check the Straight talk web page. I have seen refurbished phones, along with the $30 card, for $35.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #14
unccgamecock
Banned

Male

unccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spursunccgamecock has earned his spurs

You could use a no-contract phone if you absolutely want to avoid a contract. However, me personally, I'd rather make the initial investment of buying a phone out of contract on a reliable network and just paying month to month with Verizon.

Haven't done too much research or heard too much on other services but Walmart does apparently have a pretty good selection. Not sure how great the service is though.
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:21 PM   #15
JoeCock
4-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
You could use a no-contract phone if you absolutely want to avoid a contract. However, me personally, I'd rather make the initial investment of buying a phone out of contract on a reliable network and just paying month to month with Verizon.

Haven't done too much research or heard too much on other services but Walmart does apparently have a pretty good selection. Not sure how great the service is though.
My Straight Talk phones use Verizon Towers. Same service, only cheaper.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #16
Captain9Dragons
Forest Grump

Male

CockyCash: 22107959
Captain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot materialCaptain9Dragons is USC mascot material

we have straightalk with 2 phones and they work very well (iPhone)

TracPhone makes a decent throw away phone, had good service, a good phone is $20 and a 90 day card is $20, no big deal if you lose it
Old 05-26-2014, 11:03 PM   #17
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

I use Ting. Have had no issues. It charges you for what you use.

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:39 AM   #18
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Can you buy a sim card in the states and pay as you go? That's how we do it here in Europe and the UK. If you aren't on a contract, you just insert a sim card and top it up from a fiver. Most sim cards are free or less than a dollar. Just depends on what network works best in you area. I just got out of my contract with Vodafone for 10 years. I'll never have another cell phone contract. Might as well roll down the window in your car and throw your money into the wind.
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #19
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain9Dragons View Post
we have straightalk with 2 phones and they work very well (iPhone)

TracPhone makes a decent throw away phone, had good service, a good phone is $20 and a 90 day card is $20, no big deal if you lose it

I would also do a TracFone in this situation. The phones are cheap but pretty reliable. You don't want to invest in anything that could very easily get lost as your son is playing in the neighborhood.
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote