CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2040)
Have you ever been s (1237)
Tennessee Offense Br (803)
Key for 2015 defense (741)
Women's Team Ranked (501)
This season and recr (434)
Skai Moore out for U (416)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (407)
Lebron makes Clevela (333)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (224)
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 05-26-2014, 12:10 AM   #321
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Why the hell is the game at 9pm tomorrow? Does the west coast not celebrat Memorial Day? Pro sports are killing east coast end of game viewing due to so many late start times.

Is Joey Crawford reffing the game? If so, I'm calling a Pacers win now.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:28 PM   #322
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Looks like the bad Indiana team at the end of the season is back.

Paul George has played terrible. What is up with this dude? His stats will look like he played well but he has missed a lot of foul shots and got like 6-10 points in the fourth when the game was over against Ray Allen.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:06 AM   #323
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

The Heat have the ability to have the 3 best players on the court when playing Indiana, the disparity in FT's show how much more aggressive the Heat were in game 4. The Pacers are done, you can see it in the body language when things start to not go their way.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:10 AM   #324
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Roy Hibbert was a no-show again tonight.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:15 AM   #325
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

It doesn't matter if Indiana shows up or not. The NBA has done everything it can to get the Heat to the Finals since the moment The Decision was announced. The team is a joke. Flopping all over the place and getting special treatment from the refs. It's hard to watch the NBA nowadays. It's barely above WWE in terms of legitimacy.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:58 AM   #326
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

The Heat are winning all the hustle plays. Indiana's body language is a bad sign. Series might be over in 6
Old 05-27-2014, 03:40 AM   #327
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

ahmad is right, that is what kills you vs miami. you cant give them 2nd chances and you cant lose the battle for 50/50 balls. thats how the spurs lost the title last season (amongst other reasons) giving them back to back offensive rebounds. they are too good in the half court to allow them to get offensive boards. paul george shot well when the pacers were in the game, but he makes too many careless passes along with the rest of the team.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:04 AM   #328
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

If the the Thunder come back to beat the spurs I will have faith that they are strong enough mentally and athletically to beat the Heat.

Even though I am pulling for the Spurs.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:16 AM   #329
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

The Heat are one of the best fast break teams i've ever seen.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #330
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Looks like the bad Indiana team at the end of the season is back.

Paul George has played terrible. What is up with this dude? His stats will look like he played well but he has missed a lot of foul shots and got like 6-10 points in the fourth when the game was over against Ray Allen.

He hasn't been the same since taking that atomic leg drop from Wade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2014, 09:51 AM   #331
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
It doesn't matter if Indiana shows up or not. The NBA has done everything it can to get the Heat to the Finals since the moment The Decision was announced. The team is a joke. Flopping all over the place and getting special treatment from the refs. It's hard to watch the NBA nowadays. It's barely above WWE in terms of legitimacy.
You mad bro?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:45 AM   #332
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Can't figure out why no one is making a bigger deal about Popovich sitting his starters for the last 9 minutes of game 3 and midway through the 3rd quarter of game 4. Game 3 I almost understood but game 4 they get to within 15-11 points with more than 7 minutes to play and you don't give Parker, Leonard, Ginobli or Duncan a minute or 2 to see if some magic is in the air? I think the Thunder win in 6 now and it becomes a topic of conversation later in the series.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:27 AM   #333
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Popovich has done this before and the Spurs usually respond well. Parker was benched for a couple of 4th quarters against Dallas and there are some nights when Duncan just can't get going. I think tonight he went with the backups simply because they were playing better. The Spurs fans pretty much stopped questioning Pop years ago but I'm sure the national guys will have something to say. I was happy to see him pissed after the game tonight. I know what happened two years ago but I still think the Spurs win still having the home court advantage.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:33 AM   #334
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Popovich has done this before and the Spurs usually respond well. Parker was benched for a couple of 4th quarters against Dallas and there are some nights when Duncan just can't get going. I think tonight he went with the backups simply because they were playing better. The Spurs fans pretty much stopped questioning Pop years ago but I'm sure the national guys will have something to say. I was happy to see him pissed after the game tonight. I know what happened two years ago but I still think the Spurs win still having the home court advantage.
To not play any of them is just not smart, Leonard is not young and was not playing bad if you are resting them for the home game and to sit a player due to it not being his night is one thing but your 5 best players the last quarter and a half is just dumb IMO. You are right though it will not be a topic if they win game 3 but if they lose and I think they will people will all of a sudden grow a pair and ask him what should be asked.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:45 AM   #335
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

I think Coach Pop is a coach who just takes his lumps. He doesn't feel the need to have his players waste a ton of energy in vain.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:59 AM   #336
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I don't think the Spurs are going to turn this around. I hate it but that is how i feel.

They cannot guard Westbrook. He can get to the rim almost at will.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:07 AM   #337
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I don't think the Spurs are going to turn this around. I hate it but that is how i feel.

They cannot guard Westbrook. He can get to the rim almost at will.
I don't think anyone in the league can guard Westbrook, but Westbrook
Old 05-28-2014, 04:30 AM   #338
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
I don't think anyone in the league can guard Westbrook, but Westbrook
We agree. Who will the heat put on him? Wade? I doubt chalmers or Norris cole can slow him down.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:40 AM   #339
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
We agree. Who will the heat put on him? Wade? I doubt chalmers or Norris cole can slow him down.
The Heat have a tremendous charge drawer/flopper in Shane Battier, though, so I suppose they could have him camp out and wait for Westbrook to drive.

Cole is Miami's best on-ball defender, though. And at least one Miami assistant has said that. He's been all over Lance Stephenson, leaving Ray Allen to not get destroyed by George Hill.

Last edited by Gyle41386; 05-28-2014 at 04:59 AM.
Gyle41386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:36 AM   #340
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
I think they will throw multiple defenders at him.