CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockMomSC
2000grad
markymark550
Regalcock
ZenUSC
We Have to Pass (2162)
Rivalry Thoughts and (1587)
Spurrier weekly pres (1445)
This would be awesom (953)
How is Shaq Davidson (774)
McConaughey cast as (541)
Perspective on our g (516)
SEC referees? (368)
Defense and offense (356)
Currently 2nd in att (333)
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
Currently 2nd in attendan
Interesting stat
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Why has there been 40 yea
We Have to Pass
SEC referees?
RG3 - Struggles Not Getti
2015 - Darius Slayton
College Football PSA (urg

Old 05-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #21
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: Watch Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by unccgamecock View Post
picking it up tonight! anyone else going to get it for the x1?
If I get it, it'll probably be for the x1...right now, I don't plan on picking it up...could change my mind later though

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #22
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Pretty sure it is the same mission content offered with preorder bonuses at various places.
PreOrder -

PS4 - Exclusive Outfit, Perk and 4 Bonus Missions.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #23
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
Been on the fence on this one...leaning towards not picking it up. It looks good, but I don't think I'm going to have time to play it. Got the show, titanfall, and BF4 taking up my time right now...and the golf club comes out at the end of June, which looks great (create-a-course is on).

what golf game?
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:06 PM   #24
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

unccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Just picked up a PS4 with 12-months of PS Plus. Going to switch my preorder to watch-dogs. Went ahead and bit the bullet. Moving from college to the professional world so coming home at night and playing some games seemed to not be too bad of an investment lol. Not to mention now I can be completely excited at e3!
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #25
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfsu23 View Post
what golf game?
http://thegolfclubgame.com/

Old 05-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #26
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Heard that it doesnt even look "next gen" and that gtav is more of a nexr gen game. Whatever that means. Seen a lot of people arent happy with how watch dogs is looking like its turning out.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:57 PM   #27
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2:36pm

Quote:
picking it up tonight! anyone else going to get it for the x1?
10:06pm

Quote:
Just picked up a PS4 with 12-months of PS Plus. Going to switch my preorder to watch-dogs. Went ahead and bit the bullet. Moving from college to the professional world so coming home at night and playing some games seemed to not be too bad of an investment lol. Not to mention now I can be completely excited at e3!

well.....that escalated quickly.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #28
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Heard that it doesnt even look "next gen" and that gtav is more of a nexr gen game. Whatever that means. Seen a lot of people arent happy with how watch dogs is looking like its turning out.

thread over on reddit...folks were pretty happy with it, other than the driving.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #29
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

any updates from people who have the game
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:24 AM   #30
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

I watched several streams of this over the weekend and I just couldn't get into it. There didn't seem to be any story flow, but I am sure I was just missing something. The driving looks like they tried to be more realistic like GTA IV rather than GTA V. That alone would make me pass on the game at full retail.

I do like the hacking aspect of the game and the little bios that pop up on everyone in the game. If I can get this game for $15 one day like I did GTA IV then I will give it a go.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:31 AM   #31
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

unccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talonsunccgamecock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
2:36pm

10:06pm

well.....that escalated quickly.
lol it did. i'm hearing the PS network isn't doing that great though. i wanted to get one regardless, however, not sure which console to pick it up for yet. was going to go last night but i'm just going to go pick it up in a couple of hours.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #32
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
lol it did. i'm hearing the PS network isn't doing that great though. i wanted to get one regardless, however, not sure which console to pick it up for yet. was going to go last night but i'm just going to go pick it up in a couple of hours.
Oh, I definitely think having both is the way to go. I'm not sure it matters which system you pick this up for though...there's very little difference in the graphics, so you're gonna have to weigh the additional gameplay on the ps4 against (and I'm only assuming here) more friends on the x1 having it, seeing as how you just got the 4.

Good luck.

Buddy of mine is downloading it now for the x1...curious to see what he thinks about it.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #33
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Dont kno if i wanna get this yet. Heard good and bad. Might get fable anniversary for xbox instead.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:55 PM   #34
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

It's actually really fun. My buddy was playing it earlier for the PS4 and it honestly looked "meh" to me.. I brought home my X1 version and it looked great. He's playing on a 46" Samsung smart TV. I'm playing on a 50" Sony Bravia. Don't know if the TV is the difference or what. Went with my gut and got it for Xbox. The 60 minutes of extra missions for the PS4 wasn't convincing enough for me considering how much gameplay is on the game itself not including the seasons pass that I bought for it. Really fun game so far. I believe it's only going to get better as time goes with patches and the online play getting perfected. The spider mech "trip" is pretty fun. There's all kinds of side missions and "mini" games to do. I've played for about 3 hours and barely feel like I've scratched the surface on what can actually be done. Between this game and titanfall I'll be set til I read up on what's going on with E3. Haven't picked up any games for the PS4 yet. I'm thinking about maybe getting The Show even though I've never been a baseball fan. I love the Madden and 2K games but any good sports game I feel like I can gain an interest in.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #35
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

the show is badass.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:04 AM   #36
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 818
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-dogs-103.html

forum on the game from operation sports.. you may have to have an account to use it but here are some peoples thoughts if you can't..

Guys, if you're on the fence about this game get it.

If you could imagine how powerful having the world at your fingertips would be, this game gives that vibe. Whether you're stealing money from an occupational therapist making 71k a year, or just randomly trigger traffic lights because you enjoy destruction.

I thought id hate the mp just from what I heard about it, but it's so smooth. The world the SP sets you in, and how it sets up MP is great. I've only been invaded a few times but it's a nice change of pace.

Invading others is great too. It's some real spy vs spy stuff.

I honestly have no complaints so far. Actually one. The preorder and other gun, I don't like how you actually have to buy it. It's not much of a reward. Idk maybe because I was expecting to be able to equip it ASAP instead of spending 15k.

Just finished up the first mission. I'm hooked. Love the skill system. Like someone said earlier, its fun just seeing which direction you want to take your character. City looks great at night. Looking forward to online/hacking. Looking forward to see what Ubi does with this game down the line.

Got the App as well.

I hope some of the OS'ers I used to run with on GTA Online/BF4, have picked this up. My PC gaming is going to take a hit due to this game.

The Show has been in my PS4 since it was released. Well, it's going to have share time with this game through the summer.

Not gonna lie, sort of had mixed feelings before picking this up. But really enjoying this so far. I'm one of those people who gets bored quickly with games other than sports games. And when I say quickly, I'm talking about putting GTA, Battlefield, etc down after an hour on release day to play Madden or 2k haha.

But so far, this game has kept me hooked. There's something about it that sets it apart from the other sandbox games that makes it really appeal to me. Maybe it's being able to manipulate the environment remotely. Or maybe being a "vigilante." Or maybe it's the fact that the pedestrians seem to have a little bit more life to them than all the other games. Those little tidbits of info on them make them seem like they're more than just a dummy to beat down and rob or a speed bump to my car. I now get mad every time I unintentionally hurt someone.

The pedestrians are definitely much more intriguing than other games. I walked up on a couple of guys battle rapping on the streets. I saw a woman trying to hide behind a bus stop because she was sick, and then she threw up and said "Nobody saw that. Nope, nobody saw me do that."
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:17 AM   #37
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I've heard a lot of "GTA with tech" talk....I'm guessing that's pretty accurate.

Sounds fun...I just want a new Red Dead game to scratch that itch. Daggumit.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Old 05-28-2014, 03:15 AM   #38
carolinafan81
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4075
carolinafan81 has earned his spurscarolinafan81 has earned his spurscarolinafan81 has earned his spurscarolinafan81 has earned his spurscarolinafan81 has earned his spurscarolinafan81 has earned his spurscarolinafan81 has earned his spurs

As of today with about ten hours play time the game is great ... The downfall driving is awful. But graphics for 4 is awesome and for sum of u gtav don't compare
Old 05-28-2014, 09:17 AM   #39
usc_yogi
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPitusc_yogi rules the CockPit

Quote:
I've heard a lot of "GTA with tech" talk....I'm guessing that's pretty accurate.

Sounds fun...I just want a new Red Dead game to scratch that itch. Daggumit.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
I am so ready for another Red Dead it is not even funny. I would love a John Marston prequel.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #40
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

Def worth picking up.