CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
MikeTrainNC8
cocky0
JohnnyR2211
ZenUSC
JaxcockFL
clemtig
TheMule
2014 Subway Classic: (1764)
Props to Eric Hyman. (1092)
Former Gamecock root (1082)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Franks boy's are pla (763)
Four USC Basketball (641)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (441)
Bowl packages (392)
Kentucky is dominati (329)
Chance of my lifetim (307)
Former Gamecock rooting f
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Kentucky is dominating UC
Espn new Score bug
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
2015 Commitment - Quandes
Question for those who ha
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
My early Monday dinner .
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 05-28-2014, 05:37 AM   #341
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
The Heat have a tremendous charge drawer/flopper in Shane Battier, though, so I suppose they could have him camp out and wait for Westbrook to drive.
That would probably be the best plan. I can't stand the way Battier plays. He takes advantage of a loophole in the rules.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #342
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
That would probably be the best plan. I can't stand the way Battier plays. He takes advantage of a loophole in the rules.
Cole, James, Battier, Chalmers and Wade will all make him go inside and make the pass that we know he will not make when the help comes. The pressure the Heat put on Westbrook will be tough and much more intense than the Spurs if OKC can beat them. I believe they will but the Spur's will not go away quietly in the night unless Pop puts his starters on the bench at the end of the game.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 PM   #343
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

the pacers are doing what they do best. get the lead early then refuse to post up. 8 pt lead in the first quarter, 6 pt lead after 1 after which they proceed to do nothing but pick and rolls and attempt jump shots. which begs the question why? youve got both scola and west on the floor who have an advantage in the post on whoever the heat put on them. they are just way too stupid to beat the heat.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:42 PM   #344
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

pacers look like zombies out there, and that may be giving them too much credit. heat up 10 in the 3rd.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #345
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

How are you gonna try and act tough when your name is Lance?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #346
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Holy shit this game is nuts!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:55 PM   #347
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

that was a great 4th quarter. game was difficult to watch through 3, but that 4th quarter made up for it. great shot making from both teams.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #348
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

I gotta question. How is the worpd can david west tackle battier and Shane get called for the foul. Thats what i dont get about basketball. How someone can get ran into and jumped on and get fauled by it when they did nothing. Not justvthis game. But ncaa too
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:34 AM   #349
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
I gotta question. How is the worpd can david west tackle battier and Shane get called for the foul. Thats what i dont get about basketball. How someone can get ran into and jumped on and get fauled by it when they did nothing. Not justvthis game. But ncaa too
Battier has the rep. Maybe it works against him sometimes.

I give P George credit. He delivered tonight.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:58 AM   #350
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

im finally convinced that dennis rodman is lance stephenson's father. i like his game othwerise, but the flopping and the antics are rodman at his best/worst.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:17 AM   #351
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

lol people still want to say LeBron is in the same conversation as Jordan after tonight. Close out game of a series and LeBron disappears. Doesn't even bother to take the final shot. Hell at least if you take it and miss it, you can at least said you tried, but nope. Pass it to guy who has hit roughly 30% of the roughly 450 3s he's taken in his 11 year career instead. That's what legends are made of.

Jordan never scored less than 15 points in any playoff game. Let that sink in.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:38 AM   #352
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
lol people still want to say LeBron is in the same conversation as Jordan after tonight. Close out game of a series and LeBron disappears. Doesn't even bother to take the final shot. Hell at least if you take it and miss it, you can at least said you tried, but nope. Pass it to guy who has hit roughly 30% of the roughly 450 3s he's taken in his 11 year career instead. That's what legends are made of.

Lebron is a different type of player than Jordan was. He's more Magic Johnson because of his size and versatility. He's not the scorer Jordan was but Jordan also couldn't guard all 5 positions like lebron can/has.

Lebron only played 24 minutes tonight because of foul trouble and passing to a wide open chris bosh (who was shooting 43% from 3 coming into this game in the playoffs) for a short corner 3 was the smart play instead of forcing a shot over 2 defenders. It's not like Jordan hit every game winner or big shot for the bulls every finals game either. People seem to forget john paxson and Steve Kerr.

Jordan not scoring less than 15 in any playoff game is not surprising to me at all. He was a much more selfish player and a prolific scorer. Kobe is more Jordan and lebron is more magic
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #353
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

Quote:

We get it, you hate Lebron. He was having an off night and made the smart play to dish the ball after being guarded by two players. Is he a closer like Jordan? No he is not but he has a better all around game. You do know that he broke the record (previously held by MJ) the other night for most playoff games of 25+ pts, 5+ rebounds, and 5+ assists and he did it in much fewer games.

I have never understood all of the Lebron hate. Maybe I'm too young to remember but I don't think Jordan had nearly as many haters.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:49 AM   #354
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Just starting with this disclaimer, I'm rooting for the heat mostly because I have grown to hate the pacers.

The refs did all the could to give the pacers the game. LeBron's 5 fouls were pretty much all a joke. Paul George had a big game because LeBron wasn't in to cover him and the refs were giving him the star treatment. The end of the third 3 was a perfect example of the game, George puts a forearm to Chalmers face to get open and get the ball and the refs let it go.

How can anyone use last nights game to hate on LeBron. Find a game of Jordan where the refs called 5 fouls as weak as last nights on Jordan. Also LeBron had a game saving block in what looked like an uncontested layup. Also he made the right play at the end of the game. He got the ball to an open shooter for the win and still with time if he missed to get a rebound and another shot. Being the best player in the world doesn't mean you have to force up the shot at the end of the game.

I really can't stand Stephenson or West. I'd like to see both just get sucker punched in the face one game. The two of them are dirty as hell and the refs let them get away with it. Stephenson was fouling the heat the moment he walked on the court. Also it is a dbag move the way he went into the heat huddle during foul shots. It isn't gamesmanship it is just being a dbag.

I don't get how the announcers say it was the right call on the Battier foul with 15 seconds or the Hibbert foul at the end of the game. I guess it balanced out but the NBA reffing is clearly done with an agenda. The NBA didn't want the series ending in 5 and losing ratings while giving Miami and extra 3-5 days off to get ready for the finals.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:01 AM   #355
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000001185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
We get it, you hate Lebron. He was having an off night and made the smart play to dish the ball after being guarded by two players. Is he a closer like Jordan? No he is not but he has a better all around game. You do know that he broke the record (previously held by MJ) the other night for most playoff games of 25+ pts, 5+ rebounds, and 5+ assists and he did it in much fewer games.

I have never understood all of the Lebron hate. Maybe I'm too young to remember but I don't think Jordan had nearly as many haters.

Coming from a neutral viewpoint I think it has to do with several reasons:

-The Lebron supporters are so over the top with their love of Lebron they'd probably come to the defense of him before their own family.

-He's a notorious flopper and complains to the refs far too much.

-He's all they talk about on ESPN 24/7

-The move to Miami, setting up the circus act he called "The Decision"

-He has tattoos proclaiming himself "the King" ...not the most humble guy
Old 05-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #356
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

The Thunder need to win it this year. The Heat are down somewhat and time is ticking on the youth of Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #357
Clemsux182
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
Clemsux182 has feathers coming inClemsux182 has feathers coming inClemsux182 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Coming from a neutral viewpoint I think it has to do with several reasons:

-The Lebron supporters are so over the top with their love of Lebron they'd probably come to the defense of him before their own family.

-He's a notorious flopper and complains to the refs far too much.

-He's all they talk about on ESPN 24/7

-The move to Miami, setting up the circus act he called "The Decision"

-He has tattoos proclaiming himself "the King" ...not the most humble guy
There is only one person on this earth that is more arrogant than Lebron....Michael Jordan.
Clemsux182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #358
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsux182 View Post
There is only one person on this earth that is more arrogant than Lebron....Michael Jordan.
Exactly. Everyone just overlooks MJ's flaws because they love him. He was a huge gambler, cheated on his wife, punched teammates, got his coach fired, his shoes are made in sweatshops so he can make more $, plus that hall of game speech was so arrogant and petty. Most of that stuff doesn't bother me at all, but in comparison lebron has tattoos that say king and he did "the decision" where he donated a lot of $ to the boys and girls club.

Lebron seems much more likable to me and I grew up during the Jordan era. I love mj too, but the blind lebron hate is so ridiculous. Why not just enjoy watching him? Guys of his talent are rare just enjoy the show
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:21 AM   #359
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
The Thunder need to win it this year. The Heat are down somewhat and time is ticking on the youth of Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka.
Yea I hope OKC makes it to the finals. I don't really like the Spurs and I wanna see KD get another shot.

I'm with the other poster I can't stand Stephenson and West. I pull for Ray Allen and the Heat.

That game last night would of been series over if LeBron doesn't pick up those early 2 fouls in the 3rd.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #360
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

LOL The refs played some good D and James never got going, wanna put money he closes out Friday at home with a big game putting him in the finals to play for a 3peat? Your right, Jordan never passed the ball to Kerr, Paxson, Pippen, Hogdes, Kukoc, Grant, Harper, Armstrong...with time running out to win a game???? People can spin things how they like, they are both great players and James is in the conversation with Jordan due to his play on the court not because people want to put him there!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote