CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
johnnyb
Order 66
taylorssc
l^l^lBGCock
NAGamecockFan
ChickenButt
doubledribble
Harry Tuttle
Master Bedroom
So Disappointed With (3045)
No Comments on the H (1034)
Call of Duty: Advanc (302)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (259)
Gameday parking in A (197)
Vote For Cocky (145)
Freshman ND WR " (141)
Things They Should H (125)
Keeping tailgate foo (107)
Good Riddance to bad (51)
BAW
No Comments on the Holes?
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
2014-15 Premier League se
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me

Old 05-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default The UNC scheduling issues,

I'm trying to recall some facts about the rescheduling of the tarhole game from 2010. I was talking with a tarhole recently who said that our Athletic Dept isn't receptive to SC playing NC anymore in football.

From what I remember:
We scheduled a home and home series with unc for '07 and '10.
unc asked to push it back so they could play lsu in '10.
We pushed it back to '13.
Sometime in '12, Eric Hyman was approached by the unc AD to cancel the game, Hyman said no.
As part of the deal to move the game back with ESPN, we got the season opener against unc in '13 and '15.
Hyman and Tanner have asked to additionally schedule games with unc, unc has declined.

Am I missing or off on any of this?

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
Evilchicken2
Allergic to kool aid

Male

CockyCash: 500
Evilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot materialEvilchicken2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: The UNC scheduling issues,

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Am I missing or off on any of this?
They're a bunch of pu**ies?
Old 05-28-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

2013 was to make up for them backing out in 2010.

We had a deal with ECU but the UNC thing changed it up. We are now playing UNC in charlotte to start the 2015 season
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #4
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

**** unc fans, they are the most entitled fan base in sports and theyre shit at football.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

They are snobs that don't realize that they suck in football, and they are lucky to not have gotten the death penalty after what all the NCAA has found.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:52 PM   #6
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

I would rather be stuck at the bottom of a pile of Georgia fans than walk down the street with a UNC fan. Just the worst.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #7
CaptainCock91
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

I bet 90% of their fans don't care who they play in football. They only care about shooty-hoops anyways.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Sometime in '12, Eric Hyman was approached by the unc AD to cancel the game, Hyman said no.
I don't think there was anything official on this. Some people speculated that UNC would just cancel because Hyman's buyout clause for UNC (his alma mater) was low and not at all a disincentive for UNC just screwing us over and cancelling the game. As it turned out, surprisingly, UNC honored their end of the home/home despite old threats that they would never visit our stadium again after we left the ACC.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #9
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Wasn't UT involved with UNC too? I thought they moved our game to play UT, then UT backed out on them. Am I right on that? Or they didn't want to move UT to play LSU, moved us then UT backed out on them.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:47 PM   #10
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
2013 was to make up for them backing out in 2010.

We had a deal with ECU but the UNC thing changed it up. We are now playing UNC in charlotte to start the 2015 season
This sucks. Why play in charlotte?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #11
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Wasn't UT involved with UNC too? I thought they moved our game to play UT, then UT backed out on them. Am I right on that? Or they didn't want to move UT to play LSU, moved us then UT backed out on them.
I think one of the schools wanted to play the other but other didn't (can't remember which one was which). Oddly enough, they played in the music city bowl in 2010. It was the one where the refs called the game over, then reviewed, then called it back on. Ut was winning when they first called it but UNC came back in overtime. It was the game that caused the 10 sec runoff rule
Old 05-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #12
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
This sucks. Why play in charlotte?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
My guess is recruiting. Lots of alumni from both schools in charlotte. I hope the turnout is better than ECU in 2011 cause it sounded empty on tv
Old 05-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #13
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 508
WeCocky has hatched from the shell

I cant stand UNC fans. Why are they even so stuck up? Been to Chapel Hill, havent been back since.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I know I'm in the minority but I don't have a problem with UNC for the most part. They have their annoying/obnoxious fans, but so does every school. I find Clemson and Georgia to be worse.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #15
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I know I'm in the minority but I don't have a problem with UNC for the most part. They have their annoying/obnoxious fans, but so does every school. I find Clemson and Georgia to be worse.
Well yeah, UGA and the orange team are the worst. It literally cannot be worse.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #16
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky View Post
Well yeah, UGA and the orange team are the worst. It literally cannot be worse.
Have you ever talked to a UNC fan?
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #17
WeCocky
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Have you ever talked to a UNC fan?
Yes many times. I live in the heart of UNC's fanbase. I just can hardly take them seriously since their football is so so bad.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:51 AM   #18
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

The tar Hole fans are delusional and most hate Spurrier for what he did to them while he coached Dook. Wore a USC shirt into a restaurant in Concord nc and was told there was only 1 Carolina and was lectured about how bad Spurrier treated Tommy fin Beecher. The same Tommy beecher that was benched for throwing a million interceptions in his first start for us lmfao. I constantly remind them they are a basketball school and now tell them they better enjoy that while it lasts because Frank and the boys are coming. Also just a reminder there is tarhole fans that are just as bad if not WORSE than the average ugayer or tater.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:16 AM   #19
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

Tarholes are a special breed of stupid.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:41 AM   #20
Yearofthegamecock
Game MVP

Male

Yearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot materialYearofthegamecock is USC mascot material

I was talking to a UNC fan from work before our babe last year. Just taking about matchups and what not...and he's nodding his head the whole time. So I ask him a question and he says I don't know I'm more of a basketball fan!!! I said I'm sure you are and walked off. I think 60% of UNC fans are bandwagon basketball fans who don't know the baseball and football teams exist.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
Yearofthegamecock is offline   Reply With Quote