CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
StormOfTalons
Acockolypse Now
spareparts
b381l
elcid99
sporkgod50
auslander
conwaycock2
M.C.
75CarolinaFan
An Aggies View of th (985)
My predictions for 2 (976)
Tennessee (646)
Mike Davis' HS Coach (607)
Elcid99 (547)
Question on Student (445)
Erin Murray's brothe (401)
Clowney in Practice (400)
SEC Recruiting Advan (382)
Camp scheduled relea (327)
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Keith Stone (2016 Prospec
2015 - Zack Bailey
Mike Davis' HS Coach on H
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 - Jarred Reuter
Doral Moore
Tennessee
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Elcid99

Old 05-29-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
Spotter22
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPitSpotter22 rules the CockPit
Default Super regional still in play

I believe Virginia has one of if not the toughest Regionals in the Country. Bucknell Certainly has the ability to take them to all 9 innings and then regardless of who they play next Arkansas and Liberty can beat them flat out straight up.

Having Schrock and Bright back could be huge. A few more runs on the board and our pitching and we could be playing for the big show right here in Columbia.

My Prediction, UVA doesnt make it out and we play Arkansas at Carolina Stadium.
Spotter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #2
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material
Default Re: Super regional still in play

Sounds good - just have to deal with some Camels, Monarchs & turtles first
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I like how the #1 seed gets to play an fcs foe (NDSU) in their regional.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
No such thing in Baseball...

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #5
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
What are you talking about there is no FCS in college baseball?
Old 05-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Go checkout the post season records of the teams in the SOuth Carolina regional before you complain about something. As far as strength, this is the "easiest" regional USC has had in a long time. But its still baseball.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #7
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotter22 View Post
I believe Virginia has one of if not the toughest Regionals in the Country. Bucknell Certainly has the ability to take them to all 9 innings and then regardless of who they play next Arkansas and Liberty can beat them flat out straight up.

Having Schrock and Bright back could be huge. A few more runs on the board and our pitching and we could be playing for the big show right here in Columbia.

My Prediction, UVA doesnt make it out and we play Arkansas at Carolina Stadium.
I'm with you.
I won't be shocked in Virginia makes it out of the regional, but they will be a beaten up team. We know just how pesky Arkansas can be, and Liberty is good enough to host a regional (biggest slight of the tournament field in my opinion).

I think UVA is a little inflated, played a weak ACC.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Go checkout the post season records of the teams in the SOuth Carolina regional before you complain about something. As far as strength, this is the "easiest" regional USC has had in a long time. But its still baseball.
Oh yea...very favorable...Maryland is an average team, and Old Dominon and Campbell we should handle pretty well.

But as you said, anybody can win on any given day in baseball.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:57 PM   #9
Mt. Lattimore
At the Top

Male

Mt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudlyMt. Lattimore is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Oh yea...very favorable...Maryland is an average team, and Old Dominon and Campbell we should handle pretty well.

But as you said, anybody can win on any given day in baseball.
ODU beat UVA and Rice this year.
Mt. Lattimore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #10
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
No such thing in Baseball...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
What are you talking about there is no FCS in college baseball?
No crying either
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
Old 05-29-2014, 04:33 PM   #11
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

I'm not scared of Virginia either. Bring em on. Their strength is their pitching staff and ours is better than theirs.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:38 PM   #12
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Anything can happen in a 2 game elimination tournament in baseball
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:20 PM   #13
CockyLifer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 99095
CockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talonsCockyLifer has developed his gaff and talons

Come on Cocks! Last year we lost to ourselves against Crapel Hole that ended our season let's keep rolling. Roll Cocks lol
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #14
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Sounds good - just have to deal with some Camels, Monarchs & turtles first
Wow, throw in Gamecocks and that's probably 4 of the least imposing mascots ever assembled.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #15
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

Watch out, they'll all bite you on the kneecap!
Old 05-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #16
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Watch out, they'll all bite you on the kneecap!
A Gamecock can do some damage, probably not lethal, but I would probably be least likely to approach a Gamecock out of the group... will give us that.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:54 PM   #17
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Kinda off topic but i saw the maryland bus at the Inn at USC. i dont know where the other teams are staying
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #18
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Somebody will be at the Springhill Suites

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Old 05-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #19
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

Liberty vs USA would be my Super Pick

Old 05-30-2014, 01:34 AM   #20
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Kinda off topic but i saw the maryland bus at the Inn at USC. i dont know where the other teams are staying
As long as it's not a Holiday Inn Express, we're good