CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
l^l^lBGCock
Badazcock
gamecockgal
WeStillOwnUSC
ccured
Regalcock
roosterdude21
Order 66
U-Dub Gamecock
snruter amabon
Can it get any bette (1591)
Boo This Man... (1107)
georgia rewind... (815)
Gameday in Columbia (725)
**USC vs. Vanderbilt (653)
Stadium improvement (591)
Doniyah Cliney to si (573)
Where to Watch the G (308)
Why we'll dominate C (262)
Mizzou game late par (212)
Lammons out
Winston
UGA is running over Troy
Full Men's 2014-15 Schedu
Gameday in Columbia
**USC vs. Vanderbilt GAME
Well, as it turns out, we
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Defense Tackles
2016 - Collin Hill

Old 05-30-2014, 03:22 AM   #401
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher View Post
Yeah he's good (nowhere near great) off the ball, but points aren't scored off the ball. His on ball defense is mediocre. Any time he starts getting worked, he switches off to someone else and lets them take the blame. It happens over and over and over again. People see LeBron guarding someone other than the opponent's SF and think "Oh that's LeBron being a versatile defender" when it reality it's him passing the buck and taking stretches of plays off on defense. The last guy in the NBA who legitimately could guard all 5 spots and regularly did so in several games a year was Kevin Garnett, and he has done that in damn near a decade.

Yet another LeBron myth created by his fangirls, perpetuated by his lemmings over at ESPN.
You do not have a clue, not one, the guy who you say is an OK off the ball defender and mediocre on the ball defender has been 1st team NBA defensive team for the last 5 years! Not only can LeBron guard all 5 but every player in a league that thrives on motion, picks and finding the mismatch plays all 5 defensive spots on the floor nightly. A few in the league excel at being able to play any spot without a double team, this is thrown out the window when a top 3-5 at his position is being guarded due to most in the league needing a double to guard them anyway. IMO Serge would be the best in the NBA at the present with James also having this ability due to their length, physical stature and athleticism. Tony Allen can cover 4 spots pretty good and Noah as well but really Allen struggles with big bodies and Noah with quick guards. All of them are at the top of the list at guarding their spot on the floor, have good defensive instincts, play great defense of the wall or denial defense and could play one on one defense against most players in the league.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:43 AM   #402
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
You shitting me? Westbrook is one of the 3-4 fast people in the entire NBA. LeBron is fast for a 6'9 guy, but he is nowhere near as fast as Westbrook. Hell he isn't even the fastest SF in the game. Westbrook probably has the higher vertical too, but I'll concede a push there. I'd hope LeBron is strong since he's 6 inches taller and 70ish lbs heavier.

People need to realize that LeBron isn't and never has been the fastest player in the league. He's never been the quickest player. He's never been the strongest. He's never had the highest vert. What makes him unique is the overall physical skillset that he possesses.

I'm about to get up on my soap box here, but this shit that people like to say that LeBron has the most skill of any basically player ever has got to stop. It's ignorance at its best (or worst, depending on perspective). He is a good passer, not an elite one. He still has an average post up game (it was laughable when he came into the league, so he has improved there). He's a good ballhandler. But he is still an average at best shooter. Yeah yeah, he has a high field goal percentage. Do you know why? He takes 46.5% of his shots within 6 feet of the rim. Nearly half of all his shot attempts are either dunks or layups. What's even worse is that while he made 767 shots this year from the field, 486 came within 6 feet of the rim. That's over 63%. He's suppose to be the world's most versatile player, yet he's playing that Shaq game. Not only that, you can even breath on him when he barrels towards the rim. You make any contact with him, whether he or you initiates it, and it's a whistle. If he doesn't draw contact, he just flops and gets on the line anyways.

Durant is so much more versatile as shooter, that it's not even funny. Hell Durant not only was a much better shooter this year but he outplayed him on defense as well. To top it all off, Durant was even the better rebounder. Yeah LeBron had more assists, but look at who he had to pass too and really, assists don't tell the full story. I can have a shitty pass, but if a guy knocks down the shot, I still get the assist.

Anyways, off my soap box now.
LeBron is 1 of 4 people to lead his team in points, assist, rebounds, steals and blocks for a season, he finished 2nd in the defensive player of the year award that year all the while leading a team of at best mediocre players to the leagues best record, that is why people say he is one of the greatest "all around" player to play the game and has a chance to chase the GOAT. He is a terrible shooter, Ray Allen is without a doubt one of the greatest 3 point shooters this league has seen, who shot better from 3 in 2014, LeBron who can't shoot or Allen one of the greatest? I promise all the 3 pointers were from further than 6ft! James who in the last 10 years has never finished outside the top 15 in assists in the NBA, with a high of 5th, is not an elite passer and then compare him to Durant who is great and elite as well shows no basketball IQ at all to me or a blindness from a man crush on Durant one.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:48 AM   #403
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Yeah, it comes back to Texas. OKC is a different team in front of their fans. Interestingly, Brooks sat Durant and Westbrook early tonight after playing them 40+ in the Game 4 blowout.
I thought it would be interesting after the late 3rd quarter run to make it a 20 point lead, to see if Brooks even put them back in and he gave it one small little try and called it night. Pop won 4 titles may as well take notes from a great one.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:51 AM   #404
Bobby Boucher
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
You do not have a clue, not one, the guy who you say is an OK off the ball defender and mediocre on the ball defender has been 1st team NBA defensive team for the last 5 years! Not only can LeBron guard all 5 but every player in a league that thrives on motion, picks and finding the mismatch plays all 5 defensive spots on the floor nightly. A few in the league excel at being able to play any spot without a double team, this is thrown out the window when a top 3-5 at his position is being guarded due to most in the league needing a double to guard them anyway. IMO Serge would be the best in the NBA at the present with James also having this ability due to their length, physical stature and athleticism. Tony Allen can cover 4 spots pretty good and Noah as well but really Allen struggles with big bodies and Noah with quick guards. All of them are at the top of the list at guarding their spot on the floor, have good defensive instincts, play great defense of the wall or denial defense and could play one on one defense against most players in the league.
Quote:
LeBron is 1 of 4 people to lead his team in points, assist, rebounds, steals and blocks for a season, he finished 2nd in the defensive player of the year award that year all the while leading a team of at best mediocre players to the leagues best record, that is why people say he is one of the greatest "all around" player to play the game and has a chance to chase the GOAT. He is a terrible shooter, Ray Allen is without a doubt one of the greatest 3 point shooters this league has seen, who shot better from 3 in 2014, LeBron who can't shoot or Allen one of the greatest? I promise all the 3 pointers were from further than 6ft! James who in the last 10 years has never finished outside the top 15 in assists in the NBA, with a high of 5th, is not an elite passer and then compare him to Durant who is great and elite as well shows no basketball IQ at all to me or a blindness from a man crush on Durant one.
Take LeBron's balls out of your mouth and try again.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:52 AM   #405
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 256
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

I'm just not sold on Scott Brooks
Old 05-30-2014, 03:55 AM   #406
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
He will be the Jordan while Tiago is suppose to be the Pippen. I really don't see Tiago being as good as they want him to be. But I'm sure they'll pull some 15-8-4 guy out of some random country with a population of 8 million and keep on ticking.
If that is the plan I think they go quite into the night when Duncan and Parker hang it up. I would not be surprised one bit if Pop builds another contender however I would be surprised if it is around Leonard and is successful. I have a buddy who says the same thing and I tell him I just don't see guy who averaged less than 16pts a game in the MWC conference finding it after 2 years in the NBA but these things happen all the time!
Old 05-30-2014, 03:59 AM   #407
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Take LeBron's balls out of your mouth and try again.
A mind is terrible thing to waste...This from a guy who said "Durant is so much more versatile as shooter, that it's not even funny. Hell Durant not only was a much better shooter this year but he outplayed him on defense as well. To top it all off, Durant was even the better rebounder. Yeah LeBron had more assists, but look at who he had to pass too and really, assists don't tell the full story. I can have a shitty pass, but if a guy knocks down the shot, I still get the assist. " as he gargled Durant! Notice you gave nothing but opinion and I gave some facts to back my opinion but it is better to say little 5th grade insults then to debate as an adult. I take nothing away from Durant, I hope and can't wait to see him get to the finals and I thinks as well as hope it is against LeBron, talk about an epic final.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:00 AM   #408
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
I'm just not sold on Scott Brooks
No one will be until he wins a title, that is how the NBA works.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:11 AM   #409
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 256
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Quote:
No one will be until he wins a title, that is how the NBA works.
I honestly think Mark Jackson would get more out of that team.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:41 AM   #410
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I agree.

Wow what a game. I gave up hope and Pop gets it done again. Getting IBaka away from the rim really made the game easier for Duncan and he played great.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #411
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Golden State disagrees...
Old 05-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #412
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Golden State disagrees...
Golden State is not OKC.

Mark Jackson also didn't get along with Management.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:17 PM   #413
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

I honestly think there are two things keeping OKC from winning it all. 1. Coaching and 2. Westbrook. We have heard an nausea about Brooks. Westbrook continuously plays too wildly. He has the talents to be one of the best players in the NBA, but he keeps making questionable decisions. You have the NBA MVP on your team, and yet you take more shots than him at a worse percentage? That is an issue. He is just too reckless to continue to drive the team further. Ibaka coming back helps, yes, but as we saw last night, they are just getting out coached and out played.

Go Cocks!
uscsaxplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #414
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i dont want to make an offseason thread before their season is over, but beyond those two problems uscsaxplaya mentioned, perkins and sefolosha are dead weight. they either need to make a westbrook/jackson backcourt their future or try out lamb at sg. their problem is i think theyre an organization that feels like theyve made it and theyll stand pat until whatever move they make will be too late to either win a title or keep both superstars.

indiana at miami tonight, hopefully we at least get a good game.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #415
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Golden State is not OKC.

Mark Jackson also didn't get along with Management.
Who said it was? What makes you think he will get along with management in OKC?
Old 05-30-2014, 09:29 PM   #416
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

wtf was paul george thinking. passes up a wide open 3 that he should have took then passed up a wide open 2 after stepping in and they end up with a shot clock violation. since then 4 straight points for miami to make it 9-8 indiana early.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #417
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

george hill has to be on my all worst starters in the nba list. roy hibbert with another worthless 1st quarter too. nonexistent on the boards and no impact on either end.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #418
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Stephenson being his usual dbag dirty self.

Van Gundy is an idiot.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #419
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Stephenson should be ejected. He didn't go for the ball. Watch his eyes, he only looked at Coles head, never looked at the ball when he swung his arm. If he was going for the ball, his head would have turned and tracked the ball not the head.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #420
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

youre not going to beat miami when you cant grab a rebound. this lead would still be in single digits if the pacers could grab a loose ball.